Jump to content
Norman

Zampa is the best white ball spinner going around

Recommended Posts

Got to say I've been impressed by him in the recent times. 

 

 

Never gets bogged down under pressure like our collar chewing mental midget and is very effective within his skillset. Kuldeep has regressed a little and the likes of Rashid, Shadab are ordinary. 

 

Champa Rani may just be the best one going around. 

Edited by Norman
Link to post
1 minute ago, speedheat said:

 

Forever 19:phehe: 

 

Come on. He has hardly played any games against the top teams and looked pretty ordinary in the last world cup. He's great no doubt about that, but until he racks up a few good (not necessarily match winning) performances against the established teams, he'll not come into the fray. 

 

Champa Rani is owning the world champs at their home. :hatsoff:

 

Link to post

Ozzies have a way of developing their players tremendously in 3-5 years from the time they debut.  When he first appeared on the scene, Zampa seemed ordinary.  Now, he is doing really well.  Same can be said of Pat Cummins and even batsmen like Smith, Labuschagne etc.  

 

The thing I wonder about at times is how India's under-19 successes are largely not replicated at the highest level.  They seem to easily handle the same guys early in their careers, but are not developing as much later.  What gives?  

Link to post
2 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

The thing I wonder about at times is how India's under-19 successes are largely not replicated at the highest level.  They seem to easily handle the same guys early in their careers, but are not developing as much later.  What gives?  

True in almost every sport. 

 

Hockey we won the last junior (U-21) WC, before that in 2001. Senior team can't even make it to SF of WCs and Olympics, forget winning. Last time we progressed to SF/beyond was 1980 Moscow which saw large scale boycott.  

 

Tennis we have produced junior GS champs, progress beyond that? The players who Yuki used to beat in 2000s now go deep in majors while he hardly ever qualifies. 

 

Better in junior football, seniors struggle against Maldives, Bangladesh and lose to Guam (1.4 lakhs population). 

 

Junior squash vs seniors, same with athletics, swimming, boxing, shooting, archery

 

Chess, we have so many junior world champs yet our #1 player is a 51 year old who has held that spot for the last 35 years. His peers have retired as have those a decade younger, yet we expect him to compete against elite players who weren't born when he won his 1st world title. 

 

Clearly not just limited to cricket, our boys and girls peak early but have low ceiling. And this has been going on for at least 20 years, reasons uh we can always speculate but IMO this is a worrying trend and demands extensive study/analysis which we know will never happen in this country. 

Edited by Gollum
Link to post
13 hours ago, Norman said:

Got to say I've been impressed by him in the recent times. 

 

 

Never gets bogged down under pressure like our collar chewing mental midget and is very effective within his skillset. Kuldeep has regressed a little and the likes of Rashid, Shadab are ordinary. 

 

Champa Rani may just be the best one going around. 

:hysterical::hysterical::hysterical: 

Link to post
13 hours ago, Norman said:

Got to say I've been impressed by him in the recent times. 

 

 

Never gets bogged down under pressure like our collar chewing mental midget and is very effective within his skillset. Kuldeep has regressed a little and the likes of Rashid, Shadab are ordinary. 

 

Champa Rani may just be the best one going around. 

Chahal has spoiled the legacy of Gupte, Chandra, Kumble. 

 

Shame that Indian cricket has to wait for so long for a quality leg spinner, especially in this era.

Link to post
56 minutes ago, Straight Drive said:

Chahal has spoiled the legacy of Gupte, Chandra, Kumble. 

 

Shame that Indian cricket has to wait for so long for a quality leg spinner, especially in this era.

 

I'm confused. Are you saying that Chahal is that quality leg spinner or that the wait is still on ? :hmmmm2:

Link to post

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...