Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

Tyagi should reminisce about the couple of overs he bowled to the great ABDV who was trying to hit him.

He kept his nerve and kept bowling yorkers and attempted yorkers / low full tosses at 142 k to 146 k. And ABDV could not hit him.

He should not confuse his low full tosses with Rajpoot's. Tyagi has genuine pace and his low full tosses at full pace are not that easy to hit. And his accurate yorkers are lethal.

Sometimes these kids would be bowling as per plans set out by TM before the match . For HP , he must have been told to keep it wide , + his stance must have upset him a bit . A nervy Tyagi lost his length a bit .

As you say still should have gone for yorkers .

He has never bowled round the wicket , may be that s another variety he can develop. 

26 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

Sometimes these kids would be bowling as per plans set out by TM before the match . For HP , he must have been told to keep it wide , + his stance must have upset him a bit . A nervy Tyagi lost his length a bit .

As you say still should have gone for yorkers .

You hit the nail on the head. The kid got confused by Hardik's stance. 

26 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

He has never bowled round the wicket , may be that s another variety he can develop. 

Yes.  It works very well while bowling to left handers ...  and may confuse those right handers who have changed their stance for hitting purpose.

I feel that bowling coaches should tell the young and inexperienced pacers to keep things simple ... try very few things ... and execute them well. 

The Bumrahs and Rabadas can execute lots of different types of deliveries in the same over. 

But youngsters cannot.

I get the feeling that youngsters are being given non simple plans to execute. And this won't work.

4 hours ago, Rightarmfast said:

I agree on your first point. What I dont think is, Tyagi is any less easy to pick than Archer. And he actually didnt mean it that way, he just meant that no matter what Archer is better. 

Harsha is the last person who would know about deceptive pace for his lack of international cricket. The guy at most has played local cricket.

I didn't hear Harsha's comment. Unsure if he commentates on the Sky Sports feed in the UK. I watched today and it looks like Tyagi has a little way to go. His pace dropped a bit toward the end and for me, this is a sign that someone isn't consistent with their speed and maybe only bowls fast when in rhythm. It is no crime to be destroyed at the death, it happens to everyone. 

I'm sure from the IPL and before, the India management will have a keen eye on Prasidh Krishna, Tyagi, Nagarkoti and Mavi. They're all huge prospects.  Interestingly. Saini seems to have more consistent speed than any of them. It seems he gained pace toward the middle of his career - which is rare (also Ryan Harris did this), I wonder what his secret is? 

Edited by msb1991

21 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I don't think MI has lost many matches wherein they have used Bumrah upfront & bowled 2 overs. FFS Bumrah has to be an attacking option, not a restrictive option. Yesterday, again because the score was big Pollard thought of saving Bumrah overs for later 10. You cannot restrict these batsmen nowadays, just get them out.

that happens when they play pattinson as he cant bowl well in middle n death

they shud look at the Mitch as well 

12 hours ago, velu said:

:giggle:

1237167_1400x1750.png&w=570&format=jpg

The below 130 k parameter, being set for slower balls or pace off balls, is not correct.

The CSK seamers bowl many of their normal deliveries between 125 k to 129 k, especially Monu Bhaiya. 

While Saini and Morris sometimes clock 130 k to 133 k with their slower balls.

Edited by express bowling

52 minutes ago, SK_IH said:

I don't think MI has lost many matches wherein they have used Bumrah upfront & bowled 2 overs. FFS Bumrah has to be an attacking option, not a restrictive option. Yesterday, again because the score was big Pollard thought of saving Bumrah overs for later 10. You cannot restrict these batsmen nowadays, just get them out.

Exactly  !

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.crictracker.com/ipl-2020-rcb-pacer-navdeep-saini-sustains-thumb-injury-physio-unsure-of-his-recovery-period/%3famp

“Saini has split his webbing in the last ball there. He obviously got hit on the thumb on the right hand. He has just split the webbing over there, fortunately, we had a good hand surgeon, he stitched up nicely. So we could just monitor over the night and check it after getting ready for the next game,” Speechly was quoted as saying by Times Now.

RCB physio hopeful of Navdeep Saini recovering soon

Evan Speechly pointed out that RCB skipper Virat Kohli had sustained a similar injury in 2016 and he ended up playing with stitches scoring a scintillating century. But he also stated that the two injuries cannot be compared and hoped for Navdeep Saini to recover ahead of the next game. RCB next face Mumbai Indians (MI) in Abu Dhabi where both the sides will be keen on sealing their playoffs spot.

“Virat four-five years ago he had it in Kolkata, we managed to stop the bleeding and he smashed a 100 after we got a plastic surgeon who had stitched it. Unfortunately you cannot compare the two injuries. Some people can manage it and some can’t.

“Its also because Saini’s injury is on his bowling hand so it puts a lot of pressure on him so I cannot be sure when he will be good to go, I am hoping that he will be good to play in the next game and the rest of the tournament,” Speechly added. 

Edited by express bowling