Speeds and Performances of Pacers and Spinners in IPL 2020

express bowling

11 minutes ago, Rightarmfast said:

No offence, but Devon Malcolm was quicker than that bro. He would have been around 150-155k's, if not 155+. He was clearly much much faster than Waqar and Donald. He was never credited.

Hmm! Tough to judge pace without speedgu ns  bro but I respect your experience and opinion on this.

4 minutes ago, maniac said:

Natarajan will never play for india but will have a Sandeep Mohit type good IPl career 

he is 29. with right management they can squeeze in 2-3 good years from him in t20Is as a backup to bumrah, especially with two t20 wcs coming up in next 3 rys

we can't expect every new player to have a decade of fruitful career

1 minute ago, Serpico said:

he is 29. with right management they can squeeze in 2-3 good years from him in t20Is as a backup to bumrah, especially with two t20 wcs coming up in next 3 rys

we can't expect every new player to have a decade of fruitful career

His bowling is good but can neither bat and not sure of his fielding. Impressive T20 bowler, very clever but sorry not international standard. However IPL standard that is pretty high 

13 hours ago, express bowling said:

146 k was not even touched today despite Nortje playing.  Rabada has not touched that speed in this tournament till now 

This season has rather been  little subdued for fast bowlers/fast bowling fans,

Climate,nature of pitches and other reasons(obvious)etc

Edited by Suhaan

not too happy with Indian fast bowlers..they dont seem to be focussed on bowling fast.

Instead All want to be smart and bowl slow balls.

even genuine fast bowlers are trying the slow balls too much.

folks like khaleel bowl 2 balls fast and 4 slow balls.

T20 seems to be not the right place to judge fast bowlers because they need to have variations but problem is when slow balls are more than the fast balls by the same bowler.

2 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

Years back I used to believe these stats blindly,now Stonis has clocked 141, Hadlee was clocked in the 120s but in his bowling videos looks sharp and Cameron Cuffy was apparently timed at 150k in a pace bowling competition .

Speed gun settings and quality must be having their impacts too.

The 1975 and 1976 speed studies produced unusually high speeds readings and the same pacers were clocked around 12 kph slower in 1979. 

I think jacked up speed readings were given too as near 100 mph readings would have been better for marketing purposes and creating a sensation.

19 hours ago, MultiB48 said:

looks like MJ type of pace to me.

Watch jofra Archer. He just bowls over 90mph effortlessly. Ball doesn’t look that quick but speed guns say different. IMO, without serious runup, reaching close to 100mph isn’t easy.

No way to measure but MJ looks slower. My assessment is based on reaction of batsmen. Over 90mph, bats have very lil time to make a moove

Edited by mishra

21 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Wsc marketed their cricket on fast bowling but  t20 cricket is all about batting.I am bored of all these medium pacers that we are getting now. I wish they find some really quick bowlers, if all the training and scouting that they have at their disposal can't produce a few 100mph bowlers then what's the point of all this  development.

100 mph bowling needs the bowlers to be junooni about pace and pace alone. Most such pacers don't have long enough careers.

Most people are very career conscious these days. And there is this lure of playing various T20 leagues for 10 to 15 years and earning enough money for a lifetime.

Who will want to bowl at 100 mph and shorten their careers nowadays ? Plus ... bowling so many slower balls messes up their rhythm needed for bowling really quick.

Measured bowling at 87 mph to 93 mph/95 mph is what we will get among the quicker bowlers. 

Edited by express bowling

21 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Wsc marketed their cricket on fast bowling but  t20 cricket is all about batting.I am bored of all these medium pacers that we are getting now. I wish they find some really quick bowlers, if all the training and scouting that they have at their disposal can't produce a few 100mph bowlers then what's the point of all this  development.

I think it’s something to do with genes. In our league, everytime a black bowler appears, he has six packs and atleast six feet tall and fastest in his team. Accuracy is not there but pace definitely belongs to black Caribbean. Its just that not enough black youth is interested in Cricket else, 100 mph is not difficult for them to touch

11 minutes ago, MultiB48 said:

Archer can bowl quick but English guns also  jack it up for him ,he was complaining in NZ as he wasn't able to bowl 90mph so effortlessly there.

That is down to how you feel during runup. As I mentioned earlier, speed and accuracy in English conditions is very much dependent upon wind. If Archer is bowling from a side with 25+ mph wind blowing drom his back, you can understand it will impact his speed. 
I don’t think guns are that jacked up as other bowlers in English team are measured around 82-85. Same become medium pacer in India.

Edited by mishra

1 minute ago, MultiB48 said:

Genetics is a huge advantage for them but don't pretend as if they can easily hit hundred Miles an hour .If that were the case then they would have given it a try and made a few million bucks for  themselves.

No they don’t touch 100 moh. But if you get big enough sample size interested in cricket, you can achieve it from them. Honestly, I have been awed by some of things I have seen them doing at physical level. For example by the time you have run 5 yds, you see that lad has covered 15 yds and pickung the ball even before you while fielding.

There is something special in them. What others achieve by putting hrs in training, is generally natural to them.