[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

56 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I just don't get why we (those who grew up in India) admire Westerns so much and keep propping them up.  Maybe it is the cinematography or editing, or some other technicality of which I know nothing.  I don't think I've watched even one of them fully.  

iStyle + one liners + memorable quotes + music :bike:

13LXGh5.gif

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

To each his own, Sholay was inspired made for Indian audiences, but technically westerns are better movies, locales. Production values. Action etc. appeals to a cult

Western cowboy flicks have nothing on Sholay.

Basanti tera naam kya hai

Can Eastwood better this?

Edited by Mariyam

21 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

I just don't get why we (those who grew up in India) admire Westerns so much and keep propping them up.  Maybe it is the cinematography or editing, or some other technicality of which I know nothing.  I don't think I've watched even one of them fully.  

For the gun play! Haven't you played with a toy gun and toy rifle when you were a child fighting imaginary battles against an entire imaginary army? I love Westerns for the vast, desolate landscapes, the outdoorsy lifestyle of cooking and sleeping by campfire, and living with minimal possessions that can be wrapped up in a blanket and carried with you on horseback. 

1 hour ago, nevada said:

For the gun play! Haven't you played with a toy gun and toy rifle when you were a child fighting imaginary battles against an entire imaginary army? I love Westerns for the vast, desolate landscapes, the outdoorsy lifestyle of cooking and sleeping by campfire, and living with minimal possessions that can be wrapped up in a blanket and carried with you on horseback. 

Not really.  I was into cars, cars, cars.  I'd dream of being a Formula 1 driver.  I'd drive for hours to imaginary places all over the world sitting in one place.  No food, no sleep, just drive .... 

For the past 15 yrs, I am living my dream .... just traded the Formula 1 machine for a Toyota minivan :-).

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Not really.  I was into cars, cars, cars.  I'd dream of being a Formula 1 driver.  I'd drive for hours to imaginary places all over the world sitting in one place.  No food, no sleep, just drive .... 

For the past 15 yrs, I am living my dream .... just traded the Formula 1 machine for a Toyota minivan :-).

Damn, by "living my dream" I thought you were a pilot or something.

24 minutes ago, nevada said:

Maybe this is redundant but on Hotstar, there is Kay Kay Menon's Special Ops.  On Prime there is Family Man. 

But these are not 'Thrillers' in the truest sense.

In case you guys like a good whodunnit,

After Gupt, the next best is Murder on the Orient Express.

Edited by Mariyam

22 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

In case you guys like a good whodunnit,

After Gupt, the next best one film is Murder on the Orient Express.

I haven't seen the new one but the old one is a great cure for insomnia. And the twist at the end is the lamest twist in any detective movie ever 

6 minutes ago, Serpico said:

I haven't seen the new one but the old one is a great cure for insomnia. And the twist at the end is the lamest twist in any detective movie ever 

Twist? Haven't you read the book? You didn't know how it would end?

Thing is, I haven't seen the earlier movie. But I'd read the book and it was unputdownable. So good that I have to invent a word to describe it.

And the new movie was a good recreation of the book.

Edited by Mariyam