[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

8 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

Bard of Blood - 1/10

Emraan Hashmi, why does an actor of your calibre choose such Z grade scripts? :whack: Got a massive student loan kya?

You must be the only person in the universe to rate Emran Hashmi!

Even his uncle Mahesh Bhatt doesn't give him roles anymore.

3 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Once upon a time in Mumbai?

Devgan completely overshadowed him , he wasnt upto him . At best he was decent whereas role n the dialouges had a lot of potential Someone else wud have done better, even though i dnt think even devgan is some great actor. 

Vivek oberoi was equal to task against devgan in company

2 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

Devgan completely overshadowed him , he wasnt upto him . At best he was decent whereas role n the dialouges had a lot of potential Someone else wud have done better, even though i dnt think even devgan is some great actor. 

Vivek oberoi was equal to task against devgan in company

Another way to look at it:

Company was a non glamourised no nonsense portrayal of gangsters.

Vivek Oberoi played the part well.

Once upon a time in Mumbai was supposed to be a glitzy affair with over stylized dialogues and action sequences. Emran Hashmi got a few decent dialogues in that movie. He had his moments. Can't think of any movie where he acted better.

I wouldn't compare across the two movies: Company and Once upon a time in Mumbai.

14 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

Another way to look at it:

Company was a non glamourised no nonsense portrayal of gangsters.

Vivek Oberoi played the part well.

Once upon a time in Mumbai was supposed to be a glitzy affair with over stylized dialogues and action sequences. Emran Hashmi got a few decent dialogues in that movie. He had his moments. Can't think of any movie where he acted better.

I wouldn't compare across the two movies: Company and Once upon a time in Mumbai.

not comparing 2 films but the importance of role....in both films both were equally important n powerful characters so when actors are equal then its enhances the script. 

Emraan was goo in Once upon but someone else like even vivek wud have done better

Emraan best role was shanghai 

Sandeep aur Pinky by Dibankar is ok , time pass. Didn’t like the characterization of Sandeep. Never felt any sympathy for her. Arjun is good. But too wooden. Too many silence b both is boring after the first two times. Underplay overplay ho gya donon ka. Plus the usual DP corrupt, didn’t have to play a Pakistani angle for no reason and some stereotypes of small town folk  of north india. Conveniently made the police guy dumb , lotsa plot holes

Edited by coffee_rules

not comparing 2 films but the importance of role....in both films both were equally important n powerful characters so when actors are equal then its enhances the script. 
Emraan was goo in Once upon but someone else like even vivek wud have done better

Emraan best role was shanghai 

The only Emraan movie I have ever seen is Shanghai. Before that, I thought he was a dud actor. I quite enjoyed his acting but going by the comments here, I guess it was just an aberration.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

16 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Sandeep aur Pinky by Dibankar is ok , time pass. Didn’t like the characterization of Sandeep. Never felt any sympathy for her. Arjun is good. But too wooden. Too many silence b both is boring after the first two times. Underplay overplay ho gya donon ka. Plus the usual DP corrupt, didn’t have to play a Pakistani angle for no reason and some stereotypes of small town folk  of north india. Conveniently made the police guy dumb , lotsa plot holes

This exactly is one the reason why the film doesnt connect

3 hours ago, EnterTheVoid said:

I'm hearing good noises about Delhi Crime on Netflix. 

Not sure if I can watch anything that reminds me of the Nirbhaya case :(

Very well made, the best WS coming out of India. I put it off for so long thinking it will be hard to watch, but except for the first episode which has the crime scene shot, the rest are about police procedures and how they caught the perps . Very good series . The first episode is not dramatic or bloodily gruesome , but you experience the pain of the crime, not for the faint hearted. There are so many moments where it is hard to hold back tears , they should show it to all kids in first year of college 

Edited by coffee_rules

Kandasamy - first and second parts.  Netflix.  South-African/Indian family comedy.  

Part funny, part poignant.  I really enjoyed them because I have a fascination to learn about people of Indian origin who were taken to African nations and the Caribbean, and many generations later, have their own niche, cross-over culture with names like Shivnarine, Bishoo, Persaud etc., and the fusion cuisine combining African/Indian flavors.  

In this movie they have names like Jodi, Jennifer, Elvis ... but have a shrine with Ganesha, conduct weddings totally the Hindu way etc.  Neat to watch.  

18 hours ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Kandasamy - first and second parts.  Netflix.  South-African/Indian family comedy.  

Part funny, part poignant.  I really enjoyed them because I have a fascination to learn about people of Indian origin who were taken to African nations and the Caribbean, and many generations later, have their own niche, cross-over culture with names like Shivnarine, Bishoo, Persaud etc., and the fusion cuisine combining African/Indian flavors.  

In this movie they have names like Jodi, Jennifer, Elvis ... but have a shrine with Ganesha, conduct weddings totally the Hindu way etc.  Neat to watch.  

Sometimes, they can have Western first names but still be Hindu, as explained in this video. I am also fascinated by the history and culture of these migrant people of Indian origin. I came across quite a few in California, they are from Fiji and speak perfect Hindi. You wouldn't guess they aren't from India unless they themselves told you. It seems Trinidad and Guyana people lost touch with their forefathers' language and in many cases, religion because of strong British push to "mainstream" them. In Suriname, the language and religion have survived and it's kinda strange to see Desis speaking Dutch!

38 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Marathi movie Maska.  Con-artist theme. 

Liked it a lot (8/10). 

No major plot holes. 

Some of the actors were really good.  Others not so much. 

But overall, very enjoyable - the end was set up well. 

Prime or Flix or Hotstar?