[2020s] Watched any new movies? *Please use spoiler tags*

EnterTheVoid

The Trackers on Hotstar. The South African locations were lovely to look at and I finished 5 episodes in one viewing. The closing episode seemed a bit muddled in an attempt to wrap up proceedings and some of the actors were bad, really bad but I still liked the show, probably biased by the lovely scenery and the curiosity to see more of the land that was behind the Apartheid curtain for so long. 3.75/5 rating. 

Vikings Valhalla on Netflix...  Absolute Gun with great action sequences.  Somehow made me forgive the tragic Vikings season 6. 

Great spin off so far.  New viewers can also watch as it is set up 2 centuries after the events of Ragnar. 

Edited by Lone Wolf

On 3/8/2022 at 7:22 PM, Vijy said:

yes, an ATG film. will rank among my top 3 korean films I have ever seen, and I've seen a fair number of them.

Interesting as though good I thought it a tad overrated. In terms of deception & cunning The Handmaiden does it better, and it has an absolute killer trailer. 

3 hours ago, The Realist said:

Interesting as though good I thought it a tad overrated. In terms of deception & cunning The Handmaiden does it better, and it has an absolute killer trailer. 

you guessed one more of my top 3. I do indeed rate The handmaiden very highly. the movie combines the genres of drama, politics, thriller, eroticism, and even some horror beautifully together.

On 3/9/2022 at 6:22 AM, Vijy said:

yes, an ATG film. will rank among my top 3 korean films I have ever seen, and I've seen a fair number of them.

My favourite Korean films are:

- Joint Security Area

- Oldboy

- Crying Fist

- Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

- Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

- Taekgugi: Brotherhood of War

- Memories of Murder

- Parasite

Also, a big fan of Kim Ki Duk. Really enjoyed "Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring  ... Summer" and "Samaritan Girl". "Pieta" was a hard watch but it was good in equal measure. 

Just now, EnterTheVoid said:

My favourite Korean films are:

- Joint Security Area

- Oldboy

- Crying Fist

- Sympathy for Mr. Vengeance

- Sympathy for Lady Vengeance

- Taekgugi: Brotherhood of War

- Memories of Murder

- Parasite

Also, a big fan of Kim Ki Duk. Really enjoyed "Summer, Autumn, Winter, Spring  ... Summer" and "Samaritan Girl". "Pieta" was a hard watch but it was good in equal measure. 

I have seen most of your list. agreed that they are all excellent and so is kim ki-duk. 2 of my top 3 are "parasite" and "the handmaiden". I usually try to include 1-2 "subjective" films in my favourites (because that's what fav films ultimately means). so, two of my sentimental "subjective" favs are "My Sassy Girl" and "Failan". Neither are truly masterpieces in the "objective" sense (although "Failan" in particular is really top-notch), but they hold a lot of fond memories for me.