How many of you know/remember this case?

sandeep

I remember reading of this case in the late 90s.  Feeling "outraged" and then forgot all about it.  

Makes me feel disgusted about the intersection of power, police, law, politics and naked evil in India.  

Imagine the cruelty faced by that family.  That child who was molested, and saw no recourse but to end her life to save her family.  A horrible tragedy.  

Shame on a country that allows such injustice to happen. 

This is sad. Never heard of this case but the breakdown in the thread helps understand the case. Thanks to social media a lot of things get exposed now, even though not everyone gets justice, but its a lot better now. But it sucks that a family had to wait for over 25 years for justice. 

The power and stature is still very much alive in India and these peoole get away with everythingz There seems to be no end to that. 

Most of North India is a lawless dystopian nightmare. Rapes, abuse of power, state intimidation you name it and it happens alll the time. I'm not surprised by this. And Haryana was notorious for its low percentage of girl children born into the country.

People complaining of the failure of justice and law/order are the same guys who vote for rioters/mass murderers/criminals and rapists into power just because it suits their agenda. Stop acting so surprised. It works both ways.

Nepotism, shifarish candidates,and abuse of power has been a bane of India, pan-India, since colonial times.  I didn’t come across this news back then,I guess there will be many such cases in every state. The national award in films got diluted in the 90s and 2010s when actors like Saif Ali Khan got it for a fluffy work like Hum Tum. He even got a Padma award over others. I am pretty sure guys like Rohan Gavaskar, Stuart Binny, Udit  Patel got chances in state or national teams because of their famous dads. In social circles such as lawn tennis, rotary clubs such shifarish candidates rules the roost. Meritocracy comes from a culture, and we have Ithihasa examples like Eklavya getting sidetracked and sidelined by famous bade baap ka beta like Arjuna over him. Jobs in private companies used to be like who you know or where you are from. 

4 hours ago, rageaddict said:

Is that what your Tamil Nadu Media teaches you ? 

Aise chewtiye ke paththe ugly tamil supremacist bahut hain duniya me...funny thing is these people are disgusting ugly corrupt immoral dishonest in all ways themselves but pointing fingers at others.

Same goes for Shiv Sainik type marathi supremacist.

5 hours ago, Stan AF said:

Most of North India is a lawless dystopian nightmare. Rapes, abuse of power, state intimidation you name it and it happens alll the time. I'm not surprised by this. And Haryana was notorious for its low percentage of girl children born into the country.

People complaining of the failure of justice and law/order are the same guys who vote for rioters/mass murderers/criminals and rapists into power just because it suits their agenda. Stop acting so surprised. It works both ways.

:hmmmm2: I don't doubt the lawlessness of north India but you are projecting the south as some european country where everything is lawful.  both are lawless with north the worst because of their ignorance and arrogance. South India, Maharashtra, Gujarat, northeast states and Punjab are probably the best in India when it comes to lawful behavior but we still have ways to go

34 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Aise chewtiye ke paththe ugly tamil supremacist bahut hain duniya me...funny thing is these people are disgusting ugly corrupt immoral dishonest in all ways themselves but pointing fingers at others.

Same goes for Shiv Sainik type marathi supremacist.

tamil supremacy, marathi supremacy :lol: go :csk::mi::rcb::hs: down to the :dc:we just want to preserve our own culture and not to speak some so called national language because you said so

29 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

What I was surprised is Sadhguru who is a spiritual teacher from there, who I deeply respect still, even he would consistently put down north and praise southern aesthetics and what not.. lol...

So I guess these things are deep-rooted.

all these spiritual gurus must be taken with a pinch of salt. but still i haven't seen sadhguru put down northies