'Delhi Chalo' movement/farmers protest

speedheat

4 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

There are no farmers in my view. This is a manufactured protest from the beginning. There is no issue here. 

They are trying though. 

That has been obvious from the beginning.

Remember Yograj Singh's statements about Hindu women at the beginning of protests? Only a deaf and blind idiot would think this was about farmers.

46 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

There are no farmers in my view. This is a manufactured protest from the beginning. There is no issue here. 

They are trying though. 

Genuine farmers are perfectly capable to engage in hooliganism as well. You can only milk that Anndata image for so long before people start to see through your ulterior motives. 

Yes the khalistani flag was not raised at red fort.

But let nobody be under any illusion religion (sikhism) is playing a major major role in these protests. The sikh religious flag was raised at the red fort. This, nobody can deny.

I have been told many times that this is a pan india farmer protest. I somehow dont see farmers from other regions (such a haryana) using their religion as a rallying call...

This is more about sikhism and less about punjabi farmers....

Just imagine if a Bhagwa jhanda had been hoisted on the Red Fort when babri masjid riots happened in India. This is equivalent of that and it is worrisome. That imagery will be used to fawn religious hatred, fear 1984 happening again when/if Hindus retaliate.

Edited by coffee_rules

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Just imagine if a Bhagwa jhanda had been hoisted on the Red Fort when babri masjid riots happened in India. This is equivalent of that and it is worrisome. That imagery will be used to fawn religious hatred, fear 1984 happening again when/if Hindus retaliate.

Liberals who i see are defending the flag hoisting by saying oh, no Indian flag was taken down etc. They will have no place to hide when another saffron flag is raised.

Though a practising Hindu (and proud) I would have been the first person to condemn the saffron flag being raised at the red fort. Reason is Indian first. Only the Indian flag must ever be raised.

Not anymore. Now will actively back a saffron flag at the red fort. The reaction of liberals is the reason for it.

Let me be clear. I have no issue with farmers protesting. I dont have any issue against the flag in particular and sikhs should be free to adhere to their faith.

But farming reforms were far removed from religion. Why are punjabi farmers who are sikh so keen on displaying their faith? 

Liberals who i see are defending the flag hoisting by saying oh, no Indian flag was taken down etc. They will have no place to hide when another saffron flag is raised.

Though a practising Hindu (and proud) I would have been the first person to condemn the saffron flag being raised at the red fort. Reason is Indian first. Only the Indian flag must ever be raised.

Not anymore. Now will actively back a saffron flag at the red fort. The reaction of liberals is the reason for it.

Let me be clear. I have no issue with farmers protesting. I dont have any issue against the flag in particular and sikhs should be free to adhere to their faith.

But farming reforms were far removed from religion. Why are punjabi farmers who are sikh so keen on displaying their faith? 

Time for thinking logically on every issue is passe.On the whole,the dharmic ecosystem has to be protected no matter what.

This no farmer no food bs needs to be busted.

Most industrialised countries have multi national corporations running huge (especially poultry) farms with high degree of mechanization.

Farming in india is heavily subsidied. But ultimately if your typical farm size is 1 to 2 acre then you simply are not going to earn much from the land beyond a point no matter what you grow or how fertile your patch is.

The heavens aren't going to fall if farmers stop producing crop. Not all farmers are part of this ruckus. Some will continue to do farming under ammended laws. Import has been going on since centuries and some other professionals who have enough money to purchase land can get into farming business and produce crops with all the subsidies and loan waiver. Many companies have land which is used for agriculture. They will continue to produce crops for Indians. A lot of Indian companies dealing in agri-products have done backward integration in last two decades. They can expand their business if farmers do not produce crops and support Indian food needs.

Farmers are just another type of professionals, they do not deserve any special status. Firstly, they are expected to be law abiding citizens like any other Indian is expected to do so. Farming profession does not gives them right to act in a way that a riot can be resultant of it.  Other professionals are as important as farmers are. The farmers loans are waived regularly due to tax that other professionals are paying. They also enjoy subsidies. Inspite of all this they dare to waste more tax payers money by damaging public property. 

Edited by Straight Drive

This annadata myth has been running since 60s. It is high time, we treat farming as business. A lot my friends in IT  in India, invest in farming, use laborers like any other industry, are retired from work and look after their interests. They have leased lands to corporations and individual growers (flowers, vegetables. Non-staple crops) and are living by. Some even lease out non- fertile land to solar companies and wind-mills to generate electricity. It is high time we drop the charade. We should invest in education of farmers, let them diversify crops, stop the charade of annadata, jai kisaan and embrace liberalization. Many of my gujju friends in NJ who have ancestral farm lands are not in this protest and are happy working with reliance or Amul coop , and are happy with the reforms. 

Edited by coffee_rules

3 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

This annadata myth has been running since 60s. It is high time, we treat farming as business. A lot my friends in IT  in India, invest in farming, use laborers like any other industry, are retired from work and look after their interests. They have leased lands to corporations and individual growers (flowers, vegetables. Non-staple crops) and are living by. Some even lease out non- fertile land to solar companies and wind-mills to generate electricity. It is high time we drop the charade. We should invest in education of farmers, let them diversify crops, stop the charade of annadata, jai kisaan and embrace liberalization. Many of my gujju friends in NJ who have ancestral farm lands are not in this protest and are happy working with reliance or Amul coop , and are happy with the reforms. 

ITC e-choupal is probably the biggest tie up with farmers since more than a decade now in agriculture. Amul the biggest tie up in dairy products with those who own cattle. The corporates have a give and take mechanism in place which is working well for farmers as well as corporates. They will be of help in keeping  a lot of farmers away from this ruckus.

1 hour ago, Straight Drive said:

The heavens aren't going to fall if farmers stop producing crop. Not all farmers are part of this ruckus. Some will continue to do farming under ammended laws. Import has been going on since centuries and some other professionals who have enough money to purchase land can get into farming business and produce crops with all the subsidies and loan waiver. Many companies have land which is used for agriculture. They will continue to produce crops for Indians. A lot of Indian companies dealing in agri-products have done backward integration in last two decades. They can expand their business if farmers do not produce crops and support Indian food needs.

Farmers are just another type of professionals, they do not deserve any special status. Firstly, they are expected to be law abiding citizens like any other Indian is expected to do so. Farming profession does not gives them right to act in a way that a riot can be resultant of it.  Other professionals are as important as farmers are. The farmers loans are waived regularly due to tax that other professionals are paying. They also enjoy subsidies. Inspite of all this they dare to waste more tax payers money by damaging public property. 

No sympathy for most of these rich farmers. ..... they don't pay income tax ,they don't give a **** about environment and cause pollution . Jai kissan my foot . They can go to hell.

It is time central govt stops the subsidy sops to punjab farmers. They get the lion's share of subsidy. Let the farmer's in other parts of the country be the focus for the next ten years. 

Punjab stopped being the star grower long time back . Get over yourself . 

Bahut sar pe chada rakha hai!

Edited by beetle

1 hour ago, beetle said:

It is time central govt stops the subsidy sops to punjab farmers. They get the lion's share of subsidy. Let the farmer's in other parts of the country be the focus for the next ten years. 

Punjab stopped being the star grower long time back . Get over yourself . 

Bahut sar pe chada rakha hai!

Annadata my foot. Farmers can do whatever they want. Why preferential treatment , tax soos to them. They don’t want to do farming, they can do simething else.

Lets not blame all the farmers...These are miniscule farmers who were beneficiary of the existing system, at the cost of the farmers from other states, and they are rioting in order to continue this forever. If Modi govt budges to these farmers, especially after this rioting, this will continue to haunt the indian republic forever, where one or more group will indulge in rioting for any reforms attempted. If govt can't even do any reforms or make laws, why have the government?