Can Sundar be tried in tests?

zen

1 hour ago, GautiMaan said:

Why was he underbowled in the second innings,looks like Kohli is already looking for excuses to drop him.

Wouldn't be the first time he is made to disappear. He initially did well as a opening bowler for T20Is when he was just 17. For whatever reason, he fell off the radar and only made a comeback recently due to interest in bowlers who can also bat. 

3 minutes ago, nsareen said:

in indian conditions he should play as the 3rd spinner alongside ashwin/jadeja/kuldeep.. i would say he is the better batsmen than the 3 spinners, even jadeja, hence should be after pant, don’t think we need a 6th batsmen like vihari for indian conditions..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Vihari is prolific in Indian Conditions. 

He wouldnt have thrown away his wicket. Vihari can play instead of that guy called hahane. 

Bye bye Washi,you had one of the best debuts that any youngster could have hoped for and hope that will guide you in the next few years

You need to understand two things in this situation - as a bowling unit, we didn't bowl well collectively," Kohli said. "If you consider the fast bowlers and Ashwin, then yes, we bowled consistently and in good areas. But if Washi and Shahbaz had also bowled such economical spells, then you create more pressure, you cut out 80-90 runs from the opposition. Plus if you see from the batting point of view in the first innings, if you add about 80 runs more, then the match becomes almost equal. So there's no need to overthink it. We just have to continuously build pressure on them. And if we do that, then I have full belief that we'll get the results that we've achieved as a side on many occasions.

See how nicely he has clubbed Sundar and Nadeem..

Not really. Not at all. Because when you're playing two off-spinners, Kuldeep more or less becomes a similar kind of spinner taking the ball away [from the left-handers]," Kohli said. "So you need variety in the bowling attack. We were quite clear on what combination we wanted to play and there are no regrets whatsoever on that decision. And moving forward, we will think of combinations that will bring us variety as a bowling attack and not one-dimensional where the ball is only turning away from the bat. These things are really important to understand

2 minutes ago, GautiMaan said:

Bye bye Washi,you had one of the best debuts that any youngster could have hoped for and hope that will guide you in the next few years

See how nicely he has clubbed Sundar and Nadeem..

I can understand Axar and Kuldeep replacing Nadeem and Sundar in second test, atleast can't raise questions from a bowling standpoint. But by the same logic Mayank should come in place of either Rohit or Rahane but that will never happen. It's all about whims and fantasies.of individuals and lobbies.

4 hours ago, express bowling said:

6. Hardik

7. Jadeja

8. Sundar

9. Ashwin

10. Shami

11. Bumrah

can be good in Asia.

seems good to me. But I would have Sundar at 6 and hardik at 7. moreover, I'd drop bumrah for umesh, who is much more potent on ind tracks. I've not been particularly impressed by Boom's bowling in India so far.