16th Jan 2021: V-Day in India; Covid vaccine rollout begins

Clarke

17 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Mother got vaccinated today.
She says it was a smooth experience with volunteers ready to help and providing of water bottles.

She registered using cowin app.

Most of the elder folks in my family have gotten vaccinated now without hitch.

Do you have to go to a facility? Are there private doctors or nurses who can come home to administer the vaccine? I have to get my mom vaccinated, she’s is home bound, can go out though.

4 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

Do you have to go to a facility? Are there private doctors or nurses who can come home to administer the vaccine? I have to get my mom vaccinated, she’s is home bound, can go out though.

My mother says you have to go to the medical facility.  She is waiting for one of her known labs to receive it before making the trip.  

She says it was a smooth experience with volunteers ready to help and providing of water bottles.

Aarogya setu can also be used.

She also got a certificate of vaccination with QR code that can be downloaded from aarogya setu.

3 hours ago, Clarke said:

“Covaxin demonstrated 81% interim efficacy in preventing Covid-19 in those without prior infection after the second dose,” the company statement read.

I read up a little more on what this 81% actually indicates.

Basically say, if you need 10,000 (random number) placebo doses to result in 100 covid +ve cases, the 81% percent indicates that for every such scaled down sample only 19 people of the original 10,000 sample are covid +ve after taking the vaccine.

So the failure rate is actually a lot lower in absolute percentage terms.

My understanding could be way off here.

2 hours ago, Yoda-esque said:

Do they help set up the second dose appointment ?