Give Rahane Captaincy and Ashwin Vice Captaincy right now

2 minutes ago, R!TTER said:

How do you explain no (young) batter flourishing under him in nearly 6 years of captaincy? Can't be a coincidence that none have blossomed under him!

On Twitter people are actually thanking Kohli for building this fighting unit which was at the disposal of Rahane...

:dontknow:

4 minutes ago, asterix said:

There was some sort of motivation, I agree. But whether it was due to Rahane or absence of Kohli, it’s debatable.

its just not motivation, its man management at its finest not only off the ground where their is shastri but on ground its been rahane 

4 minutes ago, asterix said:

The amount of injuries and constant team bubble must’ve gelled them into a unit with back at the walls.

easier said then done, many teams dont come out of it. Obviously players are charged up but this is a bunch of inexperience player to use them as a unit is captains job

Kohli if wants to step down then only this can happen but obviously he wont step down. Even today Ravi Shashtri said Virat was in the team despite no being part of squad. I think Kohli is our best batsman and he wont be removed, 2-3 yrs later, Gilll will captain this team. Untill, make peace with Kohli as captain.

4 minutes ago, Adamant said:

No he wasn't. 

It was Ganguly:s team

He instilled the winning mentality in that team. 

koi kisi ki team nahin hoti 

Ganguly also got sachin, dravid, kumble, srinath from Azhar so shud we give his captaincy credit to Azhar 

Under dravid he himself got many players- Sreesanth, RP, Dhoni in test , 

Under Dravid - Yuvi and Zak became better players and dhoni more versatile so no it isnt anyone person team everyone contributes. 

Dravid was far better test captain then ganguly 

5 minutes ago, maniac said:

The only problem is outside of the 100, Rahane has still not looked comfortable with the bat.

that problem will anyways remain as player with him so better let him add value with captaincy, some times responsibility gets better out of a player...even someone like paine batting has improved then what it was

I don't mind rahane becoming a captain for a short period of time considering his age but the problem is that of late he doesn't have a guaranteed spotnin the team which is evident when you see how many on icf itself were willing to stick the boot into him before melbourne. A brearley type figure would work provided kohlis force of personality doesn't cause issues when he is made to accept this arrangement and we have a definite candidate in mind who is being groomed for captaincy in each or all formats. Tbh I think the loi team needd a new captain more than the test team. 

6liTySe.png

This was another aspect of rahane that i loved...so calm in dressing room. If ur captain is calm it gives an impression that things are under control even if they are not this body language helps. A hassled leader will always send nervous and anxious energy and give everyone impression that things are not going our way 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03

if this is  not the nail on the coffin w.r.t Kohli's test captaincy, then I don't know what is !!!! He should keep away his arrogance & folly and play just as a batsman .That has 4 benefits  ..... Kohli would get back to his ultimate best in batting,  Rahane would lead the team  better, Pujara can perform better with Kohli at his supreme best & so can Rahane... 

... 2018 conditions hard to bat since ages , compare 2018> 2020,except Adelaide, mcg, scg , gabba all are roads, this is the first time Australia never scored 400 since some years, just some luck in these wins... Rahane got 100 with 4 d.c then how many times he faced 100 balls this series?