India have announced the squad for the first two Tests against England

puneet28

2 hours ago, rkt.india said:

Ishant on Indian pitches is useless.

Thats harsh. He has done okay since his resurgence in 2017. 7 tests, 26 wickets@20 are very good numbers, of course boosted by the 9-fer vs BD (ideally Siraj and Saini should have played). But otherwise as well, those are okayish figures

And before that, under Dhoni, he was the workhorse.

Ideally from now on , at home if we are playing 3 seamers, one of them have to be Siraj/Saini/Shardul. Playing Bumrah, Shami and Ishant together would only slow down the progress of our newer seamers, who have all shown great promise.

9 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

In WTC context, it is ok

You have to look at how much India scored during that South Africa series. Such tracks will backfire if we lose the toss and bat last on 4th or 5th day like it happened in Pune.

We have battered SouthAfrica better when we played on decent sporting pitches. As people have mentioned, our paces have been really good for the last five years as they could reverse swing the SG ball like crazy which the SENA bowlers couldn’t. Also our better spinners could outbowl the visiting spinners on normal pitches then why take the risk and make the likes of Okeefe unplayable on bunsen burners.

19 hours ago, express bowling said:

My preferred playing 11

1. Gill

2. Rohit

3. Pujara

4. Kohli

5. Pant

6. Rahane

7. Sundar

8. Ashwin

9. Kuldeep

10. Bumrah

11. Siraj 

The only issue with the 3 spinners in this line up is that they all turn the ball into the right-hander. Need someone to take it away (I know Kuldeep has the wrong one but its not his stock ball). Hence, Axar may replace Sundar. 

Just now, Samcric said:

The only issue with the 3 spinners in this line up is that they all turn the ball into the right-hander. Need someone to take it away (I know Kuldeep has the wrong one but its not his stock ball). Hence, Axar may replace Sundar. 

yea even ill play axar ahead of Kuldeep, Axar wont be easy to handle on such pitches

9 minutes ago, Samcric said:

Sundar is a batting allrounder. coming at 7. Don't think a bowling all-rounder like Axar can replace him.

6 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kuldeep adds more value in terms of wrist spin and ability to turn the ball both ways.

im pretty disappointed how mentally weak he is  and i dnt use that easily like ppl here throw those words so easily for any and everyone. He may even do well since pope, sibely, crawley havent even seen him but if he one beating can such an affect on him its a scary sign. 

And if he needs to encouraged like a kid every 3rd ball this will be a problem in long run 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
6 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

im pretty disappointed how mentally weak he is  and i dnt use that easily like ppl here throw those words so easily for any and everyone. He may even do well since pope, sibely, crawley havent even seen him but if he one beating can such an affect on him its a scary sign. 

And if he needs to encouraged like a kid every 3rd ball this will be a problem in long run 

Recall Gambhir saying something similar. His  point was Kuldeep being huge talent, needs backing by the captain but it is unfair to expect that captain will babysit him every over when he gets a beating. Sometimes he needs to take the hit and come back on his own rather than allowing it to effect his rhythm so easily and frequently.

Gambhir is usually bang on his analysis and does not mince his words. 

5 minutes ago, RajBan said:

Recall Gambhir saying something similar. His  point was Kuldeep being huge talent, needs backing by the captain but it is unfair to expect that captain will babysit him every over when he gets a beating. Sometimes he needs to take the hit and come back on his own rather than allowing it to effect his rhythm so easily and frequently.

Gambhir is usually bang on his analysis and does not mince his words. 

exactly and how many captain coaches we can blame now. I have seen in a match DK shouting everyball ur action hand all coming good, never seen that before . 

6 hours ago, express bowling said:

We have to defeat SA in SA this December.

Golden opportunity, given their team and ours.

Good performances in England this year is not a given as we are very susceptible against swing bowling these days.

I am quite sure that we will do well in SA..  We have beaten Australia twice now since our last tour to SA.  We will win but we can inflict 3-0 as well.  Just need to plan well like we did here. 

England will be tough but will get to play WTC final before that series & BCCI should try to keep Pujara Rahane Gill Vihari Ashwin & even Kohli to stay there & play county. 

Then I see no reason why we can't beat them.  If we go there with same mindset &,  planning like last time..  We will be smashed as usual. 

4 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

exactly and how many captain coaches we can blame now. I have seen in a match DK shouting everyball ur action hand all coming good, never seen that before . 

Have asked this question earlier as well.

If Kuldeep is so mentally fragile, what exactly is he doing in the team? Why is a space being wasted on him. Throw him out of the team for being a sissy and let him get tougher. By keeping him in the team, you are denying him any opportunity to improve. 

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Have asked this question earlier as well.

If Kuldeep is so mentally fragile, what exactly is he doing in the team? Why is a space being wasted on him. Throw him out of the team for being a sissy and let him get tougher. By keeping him in the team, you are denying him any opportunity to improve. 

1st thing their arent enough option when it comes to test spinner for overseas , 2nd its good they arent giving up on him....he anyways need to be with bowling coach as he is working on being quick through the Air . 

Denying what cricket was anyways happening ?

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

1st thing their arent enough option when it comes to test spinner for overseas , 2nd its good they arent giving up on him....he anyways need to be with bowling coach as he is working on being quick through the Air . 

Denying what cricket was anyways happening ?

Kuldeep has to be backed. He needs to be part of the system because given his potential , if he can learn to manage his thoughts he can be a all format match winner. We have seen that already that how he can dismantle teams easily when in right mood.

We should remember Srinath had this problem during his initial years but once he was able to control his emotions he became a really dependable bowler during later phase of his career.