January 2024: New Dawn of Indian Cricket

deepdynamo

The ODI world cup Nov 2023 has just concluded couple of months back with India lifting it once again at home and the

whole nation is jubilant and basking in full glory......

Back to present---

Kohli & co. has 3 years (21-23) and 5 ICC trophies to target and mark themselves as golden generation of their era.

ICC Test championship (19-21)
ICC Test championship (21-23)
ICC T20 WC 2021
ICC T20 WC 2022
ICC ODI WC 2023

But Its scary to imagine the Indian cricket scene in Jan 2024 when a mass exodus of quality cricketers will happen at

the same time.

Look at the talent that is going to bid adieu in 2024 as all of them will be in 35-37 year range in three year time.

Rohit, Shikhar, Pujara, Rahane, Kohli , Manish, Ashwin, Jadeja , Ishant, Umesh, Shami, Bhuvi, Saha

I know there will be new superstars and Indian cricket will thrive. But It will be a Sad day for all of us as the

golden generation pass the torch to the new generation.

That is why imp to replacement for these players

rohit - Ritu gaikwad

Shikhar -ishan kisan

Pujara- replacement not found

Rahane - Hanuman Vihari

Kohli- Gill

Ashwin - Kuldeep to some extent 

Jadeja - Washington Sundar

ishant - Bumrah

Umesh - Natraj to some extent

Shami - Siraj

Bhuvi - deepak chahar

Saha - pant /Ishan kisan

Edited by helperononline

We already have players that will take Indian cricket forward

- Shaw, Gill, Pant, Rahul, Vihari, Ishan, Paddikal, Sundar, Kuldeep, Bumrah, Siraj

And we will find more in next 3 years also. So finding replacements is not a worry.

Its just that these players have given us so much joy and we will lose all of them in one go.

Gill

Rahul(32 is not retirement age)

Pant

Shaw

Iyer

Bumrah

Pandya

Sundar

You already have 8 names, guys like Kuldeep, Bishnoi, Paddikal will also come. There is no major signs of worry IMO. Only Rohit and Kohli will go, even Kohli will continue like most Indian players do.

There will be guys like Natrajan, Siraj, Saini around, quite a few talented players coming in as well like Tyagi etc.

1 hour ago, helperononline said:

That is why imp to replacement for these players

rohit - Ritu gaikwad

Shikhar -ishan kisan

Pujara- replacement not found

Rahane - Hanuman Vihari

Kohli- Gill

Ashwin - Kuldeep to some extent 

Jadeja - Washington Sundar

ishant - Bumrah

Umesh - Natraj to some extent

Shami - Siraj

Bhuvi - deepak chahar

Saha - pant /Ishan kisan

Loool nattu ain't playing tests. 

We have prasidh Krishna, porel, Tyagi, avesh Khan and Mavi for tests and odi. We will be fine. 

11 minutes ago, deepdynamo said:

Yes, Kohli and Jadeja are most likely to be around even in 2024 due to their supreme fitness. But not sure about others.

Fitness plus the player types

Kohli ( technically sound batsman ) and Jadeja ( spinner ) usually play and perform till age 37 or 38, if fit.

While hand-eye coordination dependant batsmen lose their game at 35+  and pacers may become less potent at 33+ or 34+  ( Dhawan, Ishant, Umesh within a year or so ) ( Shami, Bhuvi in 3 years )

10 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Fitness plus the player types

Kohli ( technically sound batsman ) and Jadeja ( spinner ) usually play and perform till age 37 or 38, if fit.

While hand-eye coordination dependant batsmen lose their game at 35+  and pacers may become less potent at 33+ or 34+  ( Dhawan, Ishant, Umesh within a year or so ) ( Shami, Bhuvi in 3 years )

I love Shami. Infact I believe he is a legit ATG. Stats don't do him justice in tests. He is better than wackqar imo. Shami excelled in a much tougher era. 

However, I want to know your opinion. No malice intended but how old is Shami really? Is he actually 29?

No offence to him, but he looks every bit of 33 if not more. However he is surpremely fit so he has a good 3 to 4 years left imo. 

47 minutes ago, Soldier said:

I love Shami. Infact I believe he is a legit ATG. Stats don't do him justice in tests. He is better than wackqar imo. Shami excelled in a much tougher era. 

Agree strongly !

Bumrah and Shami are the 2 best fast bowlers we have produced till date.

Combining pace and bounce with objectivity and intensity.  And taking wickets as a result. 

Seeing the two of them bowling in tandem is a privilege for me.

47 minutes ago, Soldier said:

However, I want to know your opinion. No malice intended but how old is Shami really? Is he actually 29?

No offence to him, but he looks every bit of 33 if not more. However he is surpremely fit so he has a good 3 to 4 years left imo. 

Shami's official age is 30 but he is probably 32 or 33.

I will give him 2 years max, before he loses pace and fitness.

Need to find a backup.

3 hours ago, deepdynamo said:

The ODI world cup Nov 2023 has just concluded couple of months back with India lifting it once again at home and the

whole nation is jubilant and basking in full glory......

Back to present---

Kohli & co. has 3 years (21-23) and 5 ICC trophies to target and mark themselves as golden generation of their era.

ICC Test championship (19-21)
ICC Test championship (21-23)
ICC T20 WC 2021
ICC T20 WC 2022
ICC ODI WC 2023

But Its scary to imagine the Indian cricket scene in Jan 2024 when a mass exodus of quality cricketers will happen at

the same time.

Look at the talent that is going to bid adieu in 2024 as all of them will be in 35-37 year range in three year time.

Rohit, Shikhar, Pujara, Rahane, Kohli , Manish, Ashwin, Jadeja , Ishant, Umesh, Shami, Bhuvi, Saha

I know there will be new superstars and Indian cricket will thrive. But It will be a Sad day for all of us as the

golden generation pass the torch to the new generation.

Atleast there are minimum 5-6 names in this list that will not make no  difference even if they are replaced right away . There are better personnel already existing.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

Agree strongly !

Bumrah and Shami are the 2 best fast bowlers we have produced till date.

Combining pace and bounce with objectivity and intensity.  And taking wickets as a result. 

Seeing the two of them bowling in tandem is a privilege for me.

Shami's official age is 30 but he is probably 32 or 33.

I will give him 2 years max, before he loses pace and fitness.

Need to find a backup.

unlike other people i am not nostalgic. shami greater than wasim too in asia. 

The scary bit is this. No other team can say we can compete with BCCI. Whatever said and done no other board does as much BCCI does for its A teams. Sharda Ugra in Hindustan Times

Then there was the caravan of A-team tours over the last five-odd years: before this series, Siraj had toured South Africa, England, New Zealand, West Indies and Australia, playing 20 matches away, first-class and List-A. Thakur played a total of 22 first-class and List-A matches in Australia, New Zealand, South Africa and England. Washington Sundar has travelled to West Indies and South Africa with the A-team. There is little overseas that is unexpected or daunting..