Axar patel wud be the key against England

On 1/24/2021 at 1:40 PM, Lone Wolf said:

Axar will not be a bad option tbh..  But will they go with him after what Sunder did?

Jaddu is so so vital even more than Ashwin in India. 

Kuldeep is sure to play I reckon. 

We need one bowler turning the ball away. Or else we will have 3 doing the same if we pick Sundar. So Axar is an easy choice 

On 1/25/2021 at 10:58 AM, DeepSpace said:

India should just field its B team again to see if they can punk England!

Funny thing is our B team will be harder to beat because they play as a tight unit. A TEAM has too many superstar type players who have a huge ego. 

I'm not against Axar playing, or Kuldeep for that matter either, but TOI seems to just put information out there from "sources" to get clicks. During the Aussie series, they frequently reported wrong info on who was going to play from their "sources."

Edited by Tibarn
1 hour ago, putrevus said:

Kuldeep should play ahead of Axar. Why is Axar even in the team is a mystery. Sundar also should not play. Once Ashwin is fit, Sundar is redundant.

We are likely to go with 3 spinners..  Ashwin Kuldeep & Axar.  2 man pace attack with Bumrah & Ishant.  Balanced side tbh.  Variety in spin bowling as well. 

5 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

So Sundar misses out for no reason?

Yes because only fools would play 3 bowlers who would all turn the ball into the batsmen. We need variety. Axars left arm spin would take the ball away. Thats why Jaddu n Ashwin bowling in tandem was so difficult to face.. one turning in one turning away. Messes with your footwork.. same was for Bhajji and Kumble.. 

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

We are likely to go with 3 spinners..  Ashwin Kuldeep & Axar.  2 man pace attack with Bumrah & Ishant.  Balanced side tbh.  Variety in spin bowling as well. 

I have not seen the picth, call should be taken between Siraj and Axar after seeing the pitch. If Bumrah is not 100% fit, I would rest him  too. Siraj will be just fine.

6 hours ago, ShebbySB said:

So Sundar misses out for no reason?

it will come down to sundar vs Kuldeep and one will be dropped and ppl shud stop looking at individuals now, its what better for the team. 

Kuldeep 

Pro - 

• Sibley,crawley, burns, foakes wont have played him before or not much 
  • Wrist spin 

Cons-

• His form is unknown 
  • confidence has been fragile
  • Batting is lesser then sundar

Sundar

Pros-

• High on confidence
  • batting
  • His t20 variation n pace can be very helpful against tail

Cons-

• bowling skill is less then kuldeep but he is playing as 5th bowler not main 

So based on this ill go with sundar 

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

I have not seen the picth, call should be taken between Siraj and Axar after seeing the pitch. If Bumrah is not 100% fit, I would rest him  too. Siraj will be just fine.

I hope bumrah is not becoming a Prima Donna. Always complaining about injury. I repsect him and I do believe he is the best or top 2 in the world in all formats. It would be a shame if he baulks from being committed to play tests in India. 

2 hours ago, Soldier said:

I hope bumrah is not becoming a Prima Donna. Always complaining about injury. I repsect him and I do believe he is the best or top 2 in the world in all formats. It would be a shame if he baulks from being committed to play tests in India. 

Which Indian player is acting as Prima Donna?  

Bumrah is a fast bowler who always will have their share of niggles. To me all Indian players are nice guys.

16 hours ago, cowboysfan said:

kuldeep,bumrah and ishant cant bat,the 5th bowler has to be a good batsman to make the team.

Kuldeep can definitely bat. unless you meant slogging around ala Starc! The two others you mentioned are complete duds, Ishant even after nearly 100 tests :facepalm:

21 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

it will come down to sundar vs Kuldeep and one will be dropped and ppl shud stop looking at individuals now, its what better for the team. 

Kuldeep 

Pro - 

• Sibley,crawley, burns, foakes wont have played him before or not much 
  • Wrist spin 

Cons-

• His form is unknown 
  • confidence has been fragile
  • Batting is lesser then sundar

Sundar

Pros-

• High on confidence
  • batting
  • His t20 variation n pace can be very helpful against tail

Cons-

• bowling skill is less then kuldeep but he is playing as 5th bowler not main 

So based on this ill go with sundar 

+1 mate.

22 hours ago, neel roy said:

Yes because only fools would play 3 bowlers who would all turn the ball into the batsmen. We need variety. Axars left arm spin would take the ball away. Thats why Jaddu n Ashwin bowling in tandem was so difficult to face.. one turning in one turning away. Messes with your footwork.. same was for Bhajji and Kumble.. 

Going by your logic Australian management was comprised of bunch of fools when they played Warne and MacGill in tandem.