Pappu seems like a good guy

maniac

1 hour ago, Yoda-esque said:
1 hour ago, randomGuy said:
'we' lol....as if he talks for all south indians let alone all Tamils.:phehe:

But that's what most south indians think;)

bro, let me give you a tip from personal experience, sometimes a trolling gimmick starts blurring  the lines of reality :giggle:

If it’s harmless it’s fine, at worst it can be annoying but tread carefully when you pick a more divisive route.

I know you have no malice because I feel like I know you from a long time even though I don’t know you personally but just be careful.

bro, let me give you a tip from personal experience, sometimes a trolling gimmick starts blurring  the lines of reality :giggle:

If it’s harmless it’s fine, at worst it can be annoying but tread carefully when you pick a more divisive route.

I know you have no malice because I feel like I know you from a long time even though I don’t know you personally but just be careful.

So how am I being divisive if I say that most south indians have a favorable opinion about Rahul Gandhi?

It's not different from most south indians thinking that north is full of uncouth ,ram bhakts , puny tin heads.

13 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

So how am I being divisive if I say that most south indians have a favorable opinion about Rahul Gandhi?

It's not different from most south indians thinking that north is full of uncouth ,ram bhakts , puny tin heads.

I learnt something new today too. South Indians as a polity are voting to congress on RaGa's climate change policy.

While North Indians  are voting to Modi because he can meditate in Kedarnath.

23 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

If thats a serious comment well give it another shot 

First let me understand this, what is “South India” according to you?

Also so what if there is a favorable opinion of Rahul Gandhi, is congress in power in any south state? How have they done there?

In fact in AP,Telangana and TN they don’t even have a presence. In fact people hate them with a passion. In Kerala they are in coalition and riding the commie coattails, in Karnataka they have some presence but then what is the ruling government there?

I think you are googling CM of South India, no such thing exists. You must be one of those mutthusaamy bada haarami bolly types. No supersize though when it comes as  Bolly probably unofficially rules a city anyway.

May be the fact that South Indians vote for their own regional parties and still have strong opinions either ways about other national leaders could be because South India is the most educated part of the country, so May be people are being more objective/subjective and rational when forming an opinion. Have you thought about that?

I don’t know about North but if you are saying you are not trolling then there might be some other generalizations here :phehe:

Edited by maniac

9 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

I learnt something new today too. South Indians as a polity are voting to congress on RaGa's climate change policy.

are you saying to counter one dumb generalization, the comeback is with ignorant generalizations of our own?

Edited by maniac

If thats a serious comment well give it another shot 

First let me understand this, what is “South India” according to you?

Also so what if there is a favorable opinion of Rahul Gandhi, is congress in power in any south state? How have they done there?

In fact in AP,Telangana and TN they don’t even have a presence. In fact people hate them with a passion. In Kerala they are in coalition and riding the commie coattails, in Karnataka they have some presence but then what is the ruling government there?

I think you are googling CM of South India, no such thing exists. You must be one of those mutthusaamy bada haarami bolly types. No supersize though when it comes as  Bolly probably unofficially rules a city anyway.

May be the fact that South Indians vote for their own regional parties and still have strong opinions either ways about other national leaders could be because South India is the most educated part of the country, so May be people are being more objective/subjective and rational when forming an opinion. Have you thought about that?

I don’t know about North but if you are saying you are not trolling then there might be some other generalizations here :phehe:

Will ignore the ad hominem attacks.

You don't have to explain which govt is where.

I was simply trying to ascertain whether most south indians have a favorable opinion of Rahul.

58 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

Will ignore the ad hominem attacks.

You don't have to explain which govt is where.

I was simply trying to ascertain whether most south indians have a favorable opinion of Rahul.

South has 5 states i.e Telangana, Andhra, Karnataka, Tamil Nadu and Kerala.

He has a decent base in Kerala (M + C who hate Modi and BJP) and Tamil Nadu. Even in these two states, I wouldn't say 50%+ people like him.

In Andhra, Telangana and Karnataka he's seen as a buffoon.

Edited by PunterLog

7 hours ago, coffee_rules said:

Nah. Twisting words again. My point was Rahul's Pappu image is overhyped in North, not so much in south. He still has issues in connecting with people, lacks the charisma. But even with these problems if you take a poll today in TN or Kerala ( man Vs man without any alliance BS) , Rahul will get more than Modi. For Modi there is hate, for Rahul there is just indifference people just don't care.

Nah. Twisting words again. My point was Rahul's Pappu image is overhyped in North, not so much in south. He still has issues in connecting with people, lacks the charisma. But even with these problems if you take a poll today in TN or Kerala ( man Vs man without any alliance BS) , Rahul will get more than Modi. For Modi there is hate, for Rahul there is just indifference people just don't care.
That was what I thought.Thanks for clarifying.

4 minutes ago, Yoda-esque said:

So a good opportunity to compare now

Rahul Gandhi is addressing Cornell university today on farmer issues

Meanwhile Modi receives the CERAWeek Global Energy and Environment Leadership Award and will be a keynote speaker next week.

Comparison, they say, is the thief of joy.