Michael Atherton quizzes Eoin Morgan - One of the finest interviews

SK_IH

1 hour ago, Sandeep99 said:

I'm so jealous.. So forthright and great questioning and honest and straight answering. Compare it to our culture where captain doesn't even want to answer and says the question doesn't have logic

Can you imagine VVS asking these kinda questions to Lolli?  Forget about media even our ex players have zero guts.  That's why there is zero accountability in Indian cricket. 

13 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Can you imagine VVS asking these kinda questions to Lolli?  Forget about media even our ex players have zero guts.  That's why there is zero accountability in Indian cricket. 

No chance in hell. Indian cricket runs on sycophancy. To be honest, none of our ex cricketers have the level of intellect of Mike Atherton. Also, very few of them have integrity. Kumble and Dravid to name a few. When they have integrity, they get booted out of the team.

1 minute ago, sarchasm said:

I am all for robust criticism wrt how our cricket is run but got to be careful not to allow this to turn into self-flagellation.

Not really. I'm just stating the facts. I've never seen our ex cricketers masquerading as analysts ever speak anything sensible laced with any deserving appreciation for the opposition. At least the English have guts to ask the right questions.

27 minutes ago, sage said:

I think England has similar problems with their football which they put on the pedestal like we do with cricket.

But footballers aren't treated like gods who are unanswerable to everything.... Have regularly seen pundits question even the topmost English and PL footballers

20 hours ago, sarchasm said:

What was so intellectual in this very interview aside from Mike regurgitating questions that every english cricket fan was asking?

It should just be common sense to ask these questions but how many sport journos do it? So yeah when most indian journos lack this basic common sense mike appears intelligent, it's all relative

On 3/12/2021 at 11:00 AM, SK_IH said:

So many forthright, crisp & legitimate questions, which I am sure English fans wanted to ask England TM as well.

There is no mollycoddling of the English "captain", the like we are used to in India. 

Kohli specially has the habit of snapping back ; dont know why our journos dont give it back. 

On 3/12/2021 at 9:52 AM, Sandeep99 said:

Not really. I'm just stating the facts. I've never seen our ex cricketers masquerading as analysts ever speak anything sensible laced with any deserving appreciation for the opposition. At least the English have guts to ask the right questions.

I saw Gautham Gambir yesterday give  a full analytical critic . . Always a fan of his , gutsy batsman and not afraid to speak his mind , really about only ex Indian cricketer I have time for, not a BCCI stooge . Even I as a Scotsman nearly blushed on the praise he was giving on how England were playing White ball  cricket 

1 hour ago, Tattieboy said:

I saw Gautham Gambir yesterday give  a full analytical critic . . Always a fan of his , gutsy batsman and not afraid to speak his mind , really about only ex Indian cricketer I have time for, not a BCCI stooge . Even I as a Scotsman nearly blushed on the praise he was giving on how England were playing White ball  cricket 

Do you have a link for the gambhir interview