Is it a coincidence that the moment Kohli is off the field the tide turns?

sage

2 hours ago, raki05 said:

India captain Virat Kohli was missing from the field as he was sitting in the dugout with Rohit Sharma captaining the side. But why was he sitting in the dugout? Kohli has revealed.

"I ran for a ball and threw it and I just aggravated my leg a little bit. Nothing serious, I should be fine for the game in a day and a half. Better than sprinting for five or six overs, because we have another game in two days and I took the smart decision of going out. I didn't want to make it into a niggle or an injury

Looks like an excuse for not being the captain when it looked near certain we will lose the match and hence the series.

Basically VeeRat chickened out. 

12 hours ago, sage said:

Suddenly there is an extra beat in every step, the faces of the players light up a bit more, Rohit's Chanakya brain takes over tactical proceedings, the fielders feel more comfortable/less tense, suddenly there is positivity everywhere and results are delivered.

If India are to win the T20 WC we need Kohli to take off during important parts of the game and hand things over to Rohit

Since he won't step down from captaincy, that's the next best thing he could do. Let's see if his ego allows him to pull off this smart move. The Australia tour is ample proof of his absence boosting the players' confidence and putting a spring in their step. The team is good enough to move on without him. It doesn't even need his batting. 

Edited by nevada
4 minutes ago, nevada said:

He's right! However, unlike England, all our players are India born. If more match winners come from MI, pick them also, nothing wrong with it. 

Realistically speaking its not like India will ever have a cricketer playing for them whose parents are not of Indian Origin.

Of course there is going to be Indians possibly playing for countries like England, Australia and New Zealand as examples where the basic standard of living for the average person is far superior than India's.

Edited by SRT100
17 hours ago, New guy said:

Thakur just said that all Rohit said was - trust your instincts and bowl what you feel is right. Thats not putting pressure on him or spoon feeding him at all, he was just encouraging him

He is called Kohlitics for a reason :P