Is it a coincidence that the moment Kohli is off the field the tide turns?

sage

Kohli sucks as captain in t20 but that was equally bad from Rohit to keep coming at Thakur to talk to him after every ball. That put pressure on Thakur and he started throwing away the game, bowling wides etc. Then even Pandya joined the discussion. Unnecessary. 

Just let the freaking bowler bowl sometime. He knows what he needs to do. Don’t come to him every ball.

4 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Kohli sucks as captain in t20 but that was equally bad from Rohit to keep coming at Thakur to talk to him after every ball. That put pressure on Thakur and he started throwing away the game, bowling wides etc. Then even Pandya joined the discussion. Unnecessary. 

Just let the freaking bowler bowl sometime. He knows what he needs to do. Don’t come to him every ball.

Thakur just said that all Rohit said was - trust your instincts and bowl what you feel is right. Thats not putting pressure on him or spoon feeding him at all, he was just encouraging him

2 minutes ago, New guy said:

Thakur just said that all Rohit said was - trust your instincts and bowl what you feel is right. Thats not putting pressure on him or spoon feeding him at all, he was just encouraging him

Look, I find that hard to believe. Rohit Sharma was with him for a good minute. He didn't *just* say what Thakur said he did. Unless he speaks really slow.

Maybe there was some technical advice too. Who knows? 

Just a captain doing his job.

Edited by Mariyam
7 minutes ago, New guy said:

Siplomatic. Don’t buy into these interviews. Od course every player says good stufd about his captain. Everyone has been praising Kohli. Does that mean Kohli doesn’t put pressure on a player? He has been bad with this too. 

We have to be practical. Bowlers know what they are doing. This whole thing about coming to a bowler is fine if you do once but not every ball. It was cringy at times today. I play the game still so can see that side of the game and speak from that perspective. 

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Siplomatic. Don’t buy into these interviews. Od course every player says good stufd about his captain. Everyone has been praising Kohli. Does that mean Kohli doesn’t put pressure on a player? He has been bad with this too. 

We have to be practical. Bowlers know what they are doing. This whole thing about coming to a bowler is fine if you do once but not every ball. It was cringy at times today. I play the game still so can see that side of the game and speak from that perspective. 

If you watch Rohit in similar situations, he takes longer to talk to the bowler to slow down the game and calm down the rush of blood. Clown on the other hand gets agitated which adds to the pressure the bowler is under.

With due respect, imagine if he had scored 57 of 31 last game instead of going run a ball for those many balls. SKY 57 was better than both innings Virat has played in this series. Today Virat has looked at going early for the 2nd time this series & flopped again.T20 batting is definitely not about quantity but the quality. Captaincy is ordinary but let's not forget the batting part. If Virat has decided to bat at no.4, he needs to bat at the same position in the IPL.

3 minutes ago, Cricketics said:

Kohli doens't need to say anything to put pressure his presence is enough.

1 minute ago, Cricketics said:

Yes, Bumrah should be captain. Let a bowler be captain in t20. And Rohit can captain when Bumrah is restinf. Bumrah will winnus the trophy. 

Bumrah doesn't look like a captain material. There are kl and Pandya but sale Nalayaki kar diey eis series me.

2 hours ago, Cricketics said:

Thats the opposite of diplomatic and good stuff. If he wanted to be diplomatic and say good stuff he would have said - Rohit bhai advised me so much, all the balls batsmen missed was Rohit bhai's idea

Also we have seen Rohit a million times in such situations, he is incredibly calm and last one to spoon feed a bowler. I am pretty sure he wass just encouraging Thakur, Rohit always encourages new guys in the team

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

Look, I find that hard to believe. Rohit Sharma was with him for a good minute. He didn't *just* say what Thakur said he did. Unless he speaks really slow.

Maybe there was some technical advice too. Who knows? 

Just a captain doing his job.

Sometimes skipper just go and say i am here to say nothing. Lets chat for a minute and that will calm the bowler at the same time play tricks with batsmens mind. Its tried and tested method 

India captain Virat Kohli was missing from the field as he was sitting in the dugout with Rohit Sharma captaining the side. But why was he sitting in the dugout? Kohli has revealed.

"I ran for a ball and threw it and I just aggravated my leg a little bit. Nothing serious, I should be fine for the game in a day and a half. Better than sprinting for five or six overs, because we have another game in two days and I took the smart decision of going out. I didn't want to make it into a niggle or an injury

18 minutes ago, raki05 said:

India captain Virat Kohli was missing from the field as he was sitting in the dugout with Rohit Sharma captaining the side. But why was he sitting in the dugout? Kohli has revealed.

"I ran for a ball and threw it and I just aggravated my leg a little bit. Nothing serious, I should be fine for the game in a day and a half. Better than sprinting for five or six overs, because we have another game in two days and I took the smart decision of going out. I didn't want to make it into a niggle or an injury

thats the only smart thing he did yesterday :giggle: