Who’s this Anantapadmanabha? How many International matches he’s played?

asterix

He has been an excellent servant for Kerala cricket. Remember him during my initial stages of watching cricket. 

Was their best spinner for a long time. 

He is not a nobody. Played 100+ matches and was even said to be in contention for India spot. 

**** umpiring though. 

Edited by OpeningBatsman
17 hours ago, OpeningBatsman said:

He has been an excellent servant for Kerala cricket. Remember him during my initial stages of watching cricket. 

Was their best spinner for a long time. 

He is not a nobody. Played 100+ matches and was even said to be in contention for India spot. 

**** umpiring though. 

True.  In any case, international cricketing status should not be a way to qualify/disqualify umpires.  Umpiring skills do.   

24 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

True.  In any case, international cricketing status should not be a way to qualify/disqualify umpires.  Umpiring skills do.   

Well, his umpiring skills are pretty evident to all now. In domestic matches you can get away with pathetic umpiring but not at international level.

Those who’ve not played at international level do tend to get bogged down by Pressure tactics of International players...

16 hours ago, asterix said:

Well, his umpiring skills are pretty evident to all now. In domestic matches you can get away with pathetic umpiring but not at international level.

Those who’ve not played at international level do tend to get bogged down by Pressure tactics of International players...

I don't see how it is his fault. He can either give out or not out, there is no - I don't know signal. 

30 minutes ago, New guy said:

I don't see how it is his fault. He can either give out or not out, there is no - I don't know signal. 

If anyone was at fault it was the third umpire, for everyone else there was enough evidence that the ball was grassed.

I bet almost 100% of this forum would have given a soft signal as our if they had to.

Edited by IndianRenegade

I still angry over that Pant 6 not given in 4th t20.When freaking world cups get won in super over amd an IPL team fails to qualify for one run short call that umpiring blunder when Pant was batting still rankles me. 2 bloody runs. The soft signal is an icc norm. He cant do anything about it. The soft signal came just to take out the decision from fielders who ll anyways claim all catches.. ask Michael Clarke or Gilchrist Sydney test..

Edited by neel roy