India: Covid - II

kepler37b

44 minutes ago, Stan AF said:

TN crossed 10k, almost 11now. 10,941 today.

To give you an idea the highest in the first wave was less than 7k.

Pure guesswork but Having seen the chart of various nations, peak for 2nd wave could be arnd 3 times the 1st wave peak. 

55 minutes ago, Gambit said:

BJP has bungled this completely in the last 3 months - both on execution and optics. They should have undertaken vaccination on a war footing between January and March and targetted atleast a 20-30 cr number. They should not have dismantled COVID centers, ramped up ventilator capacity and placed orders with Cipla on Remdesivir. On optics, instead of appearing sombre and trying to calm the masses, the PM and HM are so heavily invested in winning WB that they are shamelessly campaigning instead of being in Delhi and helming or appear to helm the situation. The icing on the cake is the Health Minister's classless response to a pretty balanced letter from MMS. 

Vaccination was only voluntary. 

7 hours ago, mishra said:

Find a *in bedroom. Don’t make tamasha. My wife was saying that even patients with double covid jab who come to her dont need to be told and are automatically following covid social rules.

Rotten, absolute disgrace elite Indian people they need to be reducated , even if it requires danda. Bc so many are dieing and these people are arguing to have sex in public

Bhai, same shyte happening here in the US with the "freedom" brigade.  So much misinformation.  So much selfishness. 

Don't ever think it is only Indians.  Every community has its share of shytty a-holes.    

26 minutes ago, randomGuy said:

Pure guesswork but Having seen the chart of various nations, peak for 2nd wave could be arnd 3 times the 1st wave peak. 

Our peak for first wave is 1 lakh odd. On Above estimates we are very near to that.

Just now, Clarke said:

Vaccination for all from May 1st.

States can buy vaccines directly. 

Koi Moderna wali bhejo re yahan :p:

The stupid govt must be out of it's frigging mind. Does we even have enough doses? Do our babus know about due diligence at all?

Just now, kepler37b said:

The stupid govt must be out of it's frigging mind. Does we even have enough doses? Do our babus know about due diligence at all?

You are a good question, says pappi

I think they just thought, all willing seniors would be covered by then, let's get the willing young & middle age in line & not wait for the sceptical seniors. 

19 minutes ago, kepler37b said:

So, if private entities can import vaccines and administer without any regulation, they can price it out based on market demand and paying public will pay anywhere between 20-20k as well. Also, who knows if they are adminstering vaccines or just distilled water. This will lead to chaos. Itne saar UPSC pass outs hain, it would have been wiser to use them in distribution and supply of vaccines that are under a government control.

This move is not going to help now, the only two manufacturers we have are SII and BB and they are already running at full capacity. Pfizer, Moderna local manufacturing may take a year or two, imports are also booked for the year by other countries. Sputnik can be imported but even their local manufacturer will be ready only on 4th quarter. 

But this is the only way forward for India. Let's be honest Covid is not going anywhere and we might need booster shots every six months for years to come. Opening up the market will be useful in the long run. 

2 hours ago, mishra said:

f things dont improve, India may go under full lockdown. Dont want to create hysteria but full lockdown date is already finalized

What's the date? DM me.

Edited by rkt.india

41 minutes ago, ash said:

This move is not going to help now, the only two manufacturers we have are SII and BB and they are already running at full capacity. Pfizer, Moderna local manufacturing may take a year or two, imports are also booked for the year by other countries. Sputnik can be imported but even their local manufacturer will be ready only on 4th quarter. 

But this is the only way forward for India. Let's be honest Covid is not going anywhere and we might need booster shots every six months for years to come. Opening up the market will be useful in the long run. 

Bio E is probably already manufacturing Janssen vaccine. Same with Reddy's manufacturing Sputnik v

1 hour ago, ash said:

seller are waiting for states to make place nxt day delivery order. Just few pages back on this thread. 

There was a weekend lockdown in Delhi yesterday .

The Delhi High court ( incident happened in Delhi)has already declared mandatory wearing of mask even in car...even for one person. Seems silly but it is not. The way people disregard the law...there is high chance the person not wearing a mask in the car will get out of the car withput a mask. Bas do minute ka kaam hai....

Besides how does the police ensure that people in the car are from the same home. Are they expected to stop and check address proof? The law has been made to check loopholes during a deadly pandemic.
Just mask up ar$%#^*#$!!!
Well today I got caught by the wonderful Hyderabad police. Even though I personally disagree with the rule but I see the point.

But here is the problem. The cop asked me to step out of my car while his mask was below his nose. I wore my mask and then opened the car door, 2 other cops ganged on me and told me to remove my mask so that they can take my pic. That ticked me off. I sternly told the first cop to first wear his own mask properly and told him he is risking the virus spread. These incompetent idiots were not understanding the point I was trying to make. Why the eff will I remove the mask right in front of the unmasked cop. I stood my ground and the other cop distracted me while he wore his mask. They took my phone number and sent a 1k e-challan to me.

Sent from my SM-M315F using Tapatalk

1 hour ago, Stan AF said:

https://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/india/coronavirus-lockdown-in-india-covid-19-vaccine-cases-live-updates-april-18-2021/liveblog/82124774.cms

People laughed at me here when I said states should be allowed to buy vaccines. Guess what happened now.

Its passing the buck. Centre decided to give onus to states. Now Maharshtra Govmnt can order. Rest of states can eff off.