Will there ever be a batsman like ABDV?

I6MTW

27 minutes ago, Global.Baba said:

We have one and he is better and his name is Rohit Sharma. 3 200s, 4 T20 100s, fastest T20 100. One of the shrewdest brains ever to step on cricket field.

But he hasn't performed for us in away test matches. That's the problem :facepalm:

15 hours ago, sage said:

abd is incredible. probably the second most talented modern player after rohit 

ABD is more talented than Rohit if you consider his ability to get set quickly compared to Rohit without taking enough time and his fielding is also better.

But in a tournament final match, I would pick Rohit over ABDV every time in my team.

Edited by Majestic

24 minutes ago, Majestic said:

ABD is more talented than Rohit if you consider his ability to get set quickly compared to Rohit without taking enough time and his fielding is also better.

But in a tournament final match, I would pick Rohit over ABDV every time in my team.

What has Rohit ever done in a tournament final? 

43 minutes ago, I6MTW said:

What has Rohit ever done in a tournament final? 

How many finals has ABD won?

Not to say Rohit is better ABD, AB isca few notches aboy everyone else.

On sheer breathlessness, for me two things stand out in last 10-15 years of LOI cricket - Rohit's pulls and hooks and ABD's 360 degree versatility

In LOI format (ODIs + T20s), AT team, the first two batting picks would be Richards & ABDV. The rest of the batsmen (many options) can revolve around them:

X: Sachin (ODIs), etc; Gayle (T20s), Buttler (T20s), etc. 

X Jayasuriya (ODIs), etc.; Warner (T20s), etc. 

Richards - the king 

ABDV - 360 degrees vertaility, ability to bat anywhere in the line up, can keep too and field superbly as well, great in most conditions

X: Bevan (ODIs), etc.; Morgan (T20s), etc. 

X: Stokes (ODIs), etc.; Pollard (T20s), etc.