Virat Kohli admits Wasim Akram as the bowler from past who could have troubled him

Kohli answered many questions circling his on and off-field life and at the same time, talked about a bowler who could have troubled him from the past.

It is a no-brainer that Kohli took Wasim Akram’s name as the bowler who could have challenged him. Former Pakistan speedster was celebrated as one of the finest bowlers of his time and could swing the ball both ways. His lethal bouncers and yorkers troubled the batters like anything back in those days. Akram ended his 20-year glorious career with 414 Test and 502 ODI wickets.

https://www.crictracker.com/virat-kohli-admits-wasim-akram-as-the-bowler-from-past-who-could-have-troubled-him/

32b0d334c267832e9317c65b7241d660.jpg

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

6 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I think peak Kohli (2014-2017) would have been very good even in 90s but not the superstar as we know him today.

Sharma ji would not have played for India agreed...definitely not as an opener.

honestly motu has surprised me recently. he really has found a second wind. he was impressive in australia albeit on flatter tracks. Want to see how he does in UK before I judge his ability. I feel like he has finally hit his peak. He has got about 2 years left to prove himself in tests. He needs to have 2 good years i.e. 

He has the talent but can he play swing ? or will he become a tailunt? I dont know. 

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

honestly motu has surprised me recently. he really has found a second wind. he was impressive in australia albeit on flatter tracks. Want to see how he does in UK before I judge his ability. I feel like he has finally hit his peak. He has got about 2 years left to prove himself in tests. He needs to have 2 good years i.e. 

He has the talent but can he play swing ? or will he become a tailunt? I dont know. 

His problem has always been swing not pace/bounce

Steyn embarassed him so many times.Imagine him against McGrath,Wasim,Bond etc

14 minutes ago, Jay said:

Think both Sharma and Gill will struggle in England as an opener. We do not have any batsmen at present who looks assured against seam/swing like players in 90s or early 2000s

28 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Think both Sharma and Gill will struggle in England as an opener. We do not have any batsmen at present who looks assured against seam/swing like players in 90s or early 2000s

Both Gill & Rohit may work nicely for WTC final as the venue may suit them.  As long as they don't get jaffas I think they can put up 40-50 runs or even more.  Just play aggressively. 

But I can see Gill's stumps flying by the first test in Trent Bridge on a seam friendly pitch.  Anderson & Broad will target his pads & stumps. 

Wasim will probably trouble every right hander in Indian team. 

Can't say the same about lefties though..  Unless Wasim starts reversing like crazy then it will be mayhem. 

SRT had figured him out though..  But he had too many strokes to boot as well. 

29 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

Both Gill & Rohit may work nicely for WTC final as the venue may suit them.  As long as they don't get jaffas I think they can put up 40-50 runs or even more.  Just play aggressively. 

But I can see Gill's stumps flying by the first test in Trent Bridge on a seam friendly pitch.  Anderson & Broad will target his pads & stumps. 

In England,opening is more about seeing off the new ball and leaving as much as possible

Even Sehwag failed with aggresive approach

42 minutes ago, Lord said:

In England,opening is more about seeing off the new ball and leaving as much as possible

Even Sehwag failed with aggresive approach

Umm no..  The new Dukes ball doesn't moves excessively for first 5-6 overs..  Due to that extra lacquer.  Even bowlers have admitted that.  But after that little initial phase it does start to move a lot.

So they should look to be positive.  Both Rohit & Gill doesn't have that great defensive technique as well. 

However being aggressive doesn't means go after everything but don't leave out the half volleys initially. 

ICC will not roll out a green seamer as well.  India has a edge when it comes to this venue.  If it was Lords or Nottingham Kiwis would be favourites by a landslide. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
4 hours ago, Adamant said:

What was impressive about that performance? 

Well compared to most other openers who have toured Australia he fared well.

Post 2016, barely any overseas opener averaged above 30 in Australia. So Rohit did well in that regard. 

16 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I think peak Kohli (2014-2017) would have been very good even in 90s but not the superstar as we know him today.

Sharma ji would not have played for India agreed...definitely not as an opener.

Yeah like we had some ATG openers in 90s. Our 90s team is no where close to the present team.

16 hours ago, Jay said:

Tracks weren't really flat.