Ishant Sharma is not good enough for automatic Test selection

1 hour ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

What a pity that Siraj didn't get to play in the WTC final after what he did in Australia.

And in a test in India after that, Siraj was getting this kind of movement both ways.

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/151128/how-siraj-set-up-root-s-dismissal

If someone can move the ball this much in India, just imagine the movement he might have got in England.

Plus he is regularly hitting 88 mph to 91 mph with accuracy now. And getting good bounce too.

Edited by express bowling
2 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

IMO, for england series, we should go with Siraj, Shami, Shardul and Natarajan (if available) plus Ashwin.  A left arm seamer adds variety to the attack.         Jaddu should be dropped.  

Agree. Just curious where is Hardik Pandya? He too could be a useful allrounder.

4 minutes ago, asterix said:

Agree. Just curious where is Hardik Pandya? He too could be a useful allrounder.

Yes.  But I feel, Shardul offers more swing than Pandya.  In English conditions, on helpful pitches , shardul is a must.  He can bat too.  IMO, the TM should not burden pandya with too many formats.    Let him focus on ODIs and t20s currently in which he is doing well.    (Don't forget he is vulnerable to injury)

18 minutes ago, express bowling said:

And in a test in India after that, Siraj was getting this kind of movement both ways.

https://www.bcci.tv/videos/151128/how-siraj-set-up-root-s-dismissal

If someone can move the ball this much in India, just imagine the movement he might have got in England.

Plus he is regularly hitting 88 mph to 90 mph with accuracy now. And getting good bounce too.

Absolutely. Anyone who has watched Siraj bowl would know that he has been ready to play tests for more than 3 years now and that he was a proper Test match bowler. Somehow, our idiotic captain and the think tank do not rate him at all.

Man each postt I am writing, I feel like cursing this captain and TM. God knows how many more young players will be derailed under their dictatorial regime. 

6 minutes ago, Lord said:

before the game everyone was targetting Shami and not Ishant because of their record in England etc etc

One game and its all changed.

Ishant still picked 3 including Williamson in first innings and was getting movement

This is a prime example of Ishant selection supporter. Just satisfied with whatever performance he’s done like take 2-3 wickets and picked up Williamson… That's a big favour he did on us fans…

If Ishant hadn’t played then who would’ve picked Williamson ?

12 minutes ago, asterix said:

This is a prime example of Ishant selection supporter. Just satisfied with whatever performance he’s done like take 2-3 wickets and picked up Williamson… That's a big favour he did on us fans…

If Ishant hadn’t played then who would’ve picked Williamson ?

Wasnt our worst bowler.

25 minutes ago, Lord said:

before the game everyone was targetting Shami and not Ishant because of their record in England etc etc

One game and its all changed.

Ishant still picked 3 including Williamson in first innings and was getting movement

Watch his second innings bowling. Started at 80 mph when we needed better intensity. Clear lack of fitness. Age and injuries have finally caught up

1 minute ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Watch his second innings bowling. Started at 80 mph when we needed better intensity. Clear lack of fitness. Age and injuries have finally caught up

fitness is different issue.I also felt his runup was slow

But that can improve.He wont play entire Eng series but shouldnt be discarded either

Shami also was tiring after 5 overs :facepalm:

Kane williamson is a class batsman. He has the attacking instincts of Kohli if needed and defensive technique of pujara playing with soft hands. He is basically kohli pujara moulded in one.. whereas with kohli n pujara we are neither here nor there.. now the nz bowlers  have honed their skills bowling to him. So kohli pujara was piece of fruit cake for them..

Edited by neel roy
2 hours ago, Lord said:

fitness is different issue.I also felt his runup was slow

But that can improve.He wont play entire Eng series but shouldnt be discarded either

Shami also was tiring after 5 overs :facepalm:

Both Shami and Ishant have aged,so there should be their back up ready,you have to give them opportunities by rotating both of the senior pros,

Besides this playig both of them is like taking a punt,either of them or both may break down in middle of an innings of an important test

There comes a time when you have to make changes,it is now

I feel Avesh needs to replace Ishant and the kid Tyagi is someone who should be given  taste of international cricket now(should be selectively played,manage his workload)

Siraj i think now belongs here

On 6/24/2021 at 4:09 PM, ShoonyaSifar said:

For me a peak Ishant was 2017 Australia's tour to India,where he alongwith Umesh were phenomenal in a sense they both looked at their aggressive best

I still remember Ishant looked so threatening in Bangalore test where we were defending a paltry score against Steve Smith and co. Although Ashwin came out with most wickets but he was relentless from the other end ,hostile, enthusiastic same was the case with Umesh

Its all downhill since then for both of them, i can understand age is a factor but Umesh brings his 100% as many matches he has played in certain conditions,but Ishant offlate has gone through motions most of the occasion

Its better to give someone else a chance in his place