Is it Time to Stop Considering Hardik Pandya as an All-Rounder?

Can Hardik still be classified as all-rounder?  

40 members have voted

1. 1. Can Hardik still be classified as all-rounder?

Just now, Khota said:

very low probablity >>>>>>> zero (trending to zer0)

Sports are about analytics and maths. You always go with high percentages to win. You will never get it.

It is you who is not getting it. All-rounders were crucial in every world cup we won. It is actually very easy to analyse and conclude that having an all-rounder is good for team composition, which is why they're highly sought after by every team. 

You chose this wierd hill to die on, which is fine to me

5 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

u knw there was a kohli bhakt like u who argued with me over KL for 2-3 yrs here that KL has no talent and doesnt deserve to be in team and kohli treated him rightly

Guess what realisation he is having now , poor guy cant admit

Same will happen with u

Can you please take a loot at my posting history regarding Hardik before making your comments. 

I think he isn't dedicated enough, that's my one and only problem with him, did I ever say that he isn't talented.? 

I support Shardul over him coz he gives his all even though he isn't even in the same ballpark as far as talent is concerned 

Edited by Adamant
3 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Can you please take a loot at my posting history regarding Hardik before making your comments. 

I think he isn't dedicated enough, that's my one and only problem with him, did I ever say that he isn't talented.? 

I support Shardul over him coz he gives his all. 

faltu ka doubt faltu ka hota hai

if he isnt dedciated he ll be done in 3 yrs (if that happens ur right or else u dnt understand what dedication is )

U knw what non dedicated players are....go watch umar akmal. In a country where 50 players can play for national side no one can be non dedicated or if u play for MI coz they ll kick u out

1 hour ago, New guy said:

There has been many  seam bowling all rounders in cricket so dont know what you are talking about. And many had long careers too. Unless you are claiming india is somehow different from other countries, which is just nonsense. Kallis and Imran weren't built differently to anyone else

The reason we didnt have pace all rounders till now is more cultural. India captain, management and team didn't favor fast bowlers, only spinners. So any alll rounder would want to be a spin all rounder. A pace all rounder wont even be selected

Heck pace bowlers being preferred is just happened under kohli. The next few geneations will definitely have seam all rounders soon (even people like shankar and thakur have been coming in recent times)

Once culture shifts we will see more pace all rounders, nothing to do with physcial abilities 

Can you name few??

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

It is you who is not getting it. All-rounders were crucial in every world cup we won. It is actually very easy to analyse and conclude that having an all-rounder is good for team composition, which is why they're highly sought after by every team. 

You chose this wierd hill to die on, which is fine to me

This hill is called Mt. Facts.

You have none to bback as you were brainwashed into believing this myth.

2 hours ago, Khota said:

Can you name few??

Hadlee, imran. Botham, kallis, klusner, pollack, flintoff, razzak, kapil, chris cairns, watson, mathews, stokes, holder, rhodes, Keith miller, brian McMillan, rhodes

The above are all legandary/great ones,

Not even naming boderline ones like akram or ones like woakes, foakes, russel,  sobers and holding both bowled medium a lot, and many many others

In fact there have had way more great seam all rounders than spin ones

Edited by New guy
2 hours ago, New guy said:

Hadlee, imran. Botham, kallis, klusner, pollack, flintoff, razzak, kapil, chris cairns, watson, mathews, stokes, holder, rhodes, Keith miller, brian McMillan, rhodes

The above are all legandary/great ones,

Not even naming boderline ones like akram or ones like woakes, foakes, russel,  sobers and holding both bowled medium a lot, and many many others

In fact there have had way more great seam all rounders than spin ones

You named one for India and I will only adress India as that is the only country of interst. One in 100 years. One.Fricking.Allrounder.

So you want to waste time to find others?

For Pakistan scratch out Razzak.

For england scratch out Stokes.

So now we are down to one for England and one for Pakistan.

So you want to spend time on mythical creatures that do not happen.

Smart man let me go back and explain. Human bodies at higher level cannot perform two tasks.

Let me simplify, in lympics what are the odds of someone winning 100 m dash and winning 50m in swimming.

On 7/23/2021 at 6:07 PM, Khota said:

I need to bump up my thread.

Another one bites the dust.

Another one bites the dust
And another one gone and another one gone
Hey I'm gonna get you too

24 minutes ago, Khota said:

You named one for India and I will only adress India as that is the only country of interst. One in 100 years. One.Fricking.Allrounder.

Smart man let me go back and explain. Human bodies at higher level cannot perform two tasks.

Let me simplify, in lympics what are the odds of someone winning 100 m dash and winning 50m in swimming.

mankad was as great an AR as Kapil, and may even have been better. it's just that he played for a team that was weaker than current Zim. He could open the batting, he could play down the order, and he was a full-time bowler.

4 hours ago, Vijy said:

mankad was as great an AR as Kapil, and may even have been better. it's just that he played for a team that was weaker than current Zim. He could open the batting, he could play down the order, and he was a full-time bowler.

And so I have heard. Even if I give that to you in the modern game these so called allrounders nether make runs or take wkts. They may do that once in a while but nothing consistent. KD was when almost two decades back. It is beter not to waste time.

5 hours ago, Khota said:

This is an interesting take. 

I thought it was all hot air but this is really something to ponder upon. 

Also if we can't have an allrounder than how are you gonna make a test or odi playing eleven? Batsman till 7 and 4 bowlers? 

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

This is an interesting take. 

I thought it was all hot air but this is really something to ponder upon. 

Also if we can't have an allrounder than how are you gonna make a test or odi playing eleven? Batsman till 7 and 4 bowlers? 

Bowling is very important. You always play five strike bowlers, five batsman and wicketkeeper who is a handy bat.

If your 5 bats cant score than you are in trouble anyway.

Last match was lost by the bats not the bowlers.

8 hours ago, Khota said:

Apart from Stokes, eng hv produced large no of genuine matching allrounders all throughout their history. Flintoff was probably the best of them all. (Since 1990s) And right now they hv Woakes who is a genuine game changer, almost all par with Stokes.  Woakes is more of a bowling all rounder where stokes is a batting all-rounder.  

22 minutes ago, Frustrated said:

Apart from Stokes, eng hv produced large no of genuine matching allrounders all throughout their history. Flintoff was probably the best of them all. (Since 1990s) And right now they hv Woakes who is a genuine game changer, almost all par with Stokes.  Woakes is more of a bowling all rounder where stokes is a batting all-rounder.  

Botham was the only one. Other feast/exploit weak oppostions. Flintoff was not one.

2 minutes ago, Khota said:

Botham was the only one. Other feast/exploit weak oppostions. Flintoff was not one.

So, Flintoff and Woakes are not all rounders. Then what exactly are they?  Woakes destroyed the Aussie top order in wc2019 SF.   Are Aussie minnows ?

Edited by Frustrated

the all rounder is a myth take is a bad one, it is for a reason that they are the mvps in cricket and that is because it is rare that a player gets into the team on weight of their abilities with both bat and ball. Bits and pieces players that are useful are a dime a dozen but not at the level you want in both disciplines effectively disprove that opinion.