What can ICF do to influence Rat’s outster from captaincy ???

13 hours ago, rangeelaraja said:

ICFers disagree on everything , almost. 

The one thing we don’t disagree on is that arrogant, undeserving, entitled *****er  think it is his god given right to captain the team because he is a “ star “ in his effed up mind.

Countless series, titles  and years have been lost under this *ers despotic captaincy.

If ICF with its fanbase cannot play activist and exert pressure on BCCI ( atleast try ) , it would be a major disappointment. 

The only the option is to use mainstream media to state captaincy facts and shame that bastard, but unfortunately mainstream media is full of dalals.  

Ganguly himself doesn’t have the guts to take a hard stand. 

let’s try something, kosheesh karein doston… 

images (38).jpeg

Problem is not Kohli, Problem is Anushka, that lady has turned him into a irrevocable monster, Kohli was always this arrogant pest right from his under 19 days, but Fans still liked him due to what he produced with his bat, but once the runs stopped flowing, all the things that were brushed under the carpet got exposed badly, and beleive me there is ll allot of crap under that Kohli carpet. And to your question, what can ICF do? Well ICF can do Jack$hite, he's not going anywhere, until he's gets some sort of injury or feels in his head that as a player he has achieved everything and should retire. 

Edited by Sean Bradley
22 minutes ago, Mariyam said:

It's the other way around. Anushka hasn't had a single BO hit since she married Kohli. Can't count Sanju has a hit for her, her role is minimal.

yea but call it what you will, i can't remember any Bollywood actress getting a new wind after marrying. that is almost like a rite of passage in the industry. they move on to more mature roles if not moving towards production etc. I don't know how well most famous cricketers did after marrying, would be interested to have a look at the stats if there are any. In kohli's case it's mostly about optics where it seems like the brand keeps getting it's tires pumped relentlessly by the PR machinery when what we see on the pitch doesn't really square with that unlike Sachin and Dhoni.

Edited by rollingstoned
3 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

yea but call it what you will, i can't remember any Bollywood actress getting a new wind after marrying. that is almost like a rite of passage in the industry. they move on to more mature roles if not moving towards production etc. I don't know how well most famous cricketers did after marrying, would be interested to have a look at the stats if there are any. In kohli's case it's mostly about optics where it seems like the brand keeps getting it's tires pumped relentlessly by the PR machinery when what we see on the pitch doesn't really square with that unlike Sachin and Dhoni.

My comment was in jest. 

Casually blaming the spouse for Kohli's on the field failures is a very sasu ma thing to do. Not cool at all. Its about time someone took umbrage to it.

This link compares pre and post marriage averages of Indian cricketers.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/india-cricketers-averages-before-and-after-marriage-349553-2016-11-01

Rohit, Rahane, Ashwin and Jadeja have done well.

With actresses too, from the top of my head, Kareena Kapoor, Sridevi, Shilpa Shetty ( well well) and Kajol have done well at the BO post marriage.

2 hours ago, Mariyam said:

My comment was in jest. 

Casually blaming the spouse for Kohli's on the field failures is a very sasu ma thing to do. Not cool at all. Its about time someone took umbrage to it.

This link compares pre and post marriage averages of Indian cricketers.

https://www.indiatoday.in/sports/cricket/story/india-cricketers-averages-before-and-after-marriage-349553-2016-11-01

Rohit, Rahane, Ashwin and Jadeja have done well.

With actresses too, from the top of my head, Kareena Kapoor, Sridevi, Shilpa Shetty ( well well) and Kajol have done well at the BO post marriage.

Marriage has affected different cricketers differently. Same with actresses I guess. 

I think this is natural as different people are different. And their spouses are different types of persons too.

Umesh Yadav, for instance, has become more focused after marriage. Ashwin has found an extra edge in tests 

Kohli's performances have definitely gone down after marriage. That added will to achieve is missing.

Now this may or may not be due to Anushka, the person. It may well be that Kohli never used to focus much on his family before and is doing so now. And this dual focus is not working for Kohli, given the fact that he needs extra focus to succeed.

Edited by express bowling
49 minutes ago, express bowling said:

Kohli's performances have definitely gone down after marriage. That added will to achieve is missing.

its captaincy that to of 3 formats + ipl, it takes it toll. Even in recent times with dhoni or cook it took its toll after a time 

Kohli has been a captain for around 7 yrs now which is to much . 

Once he leaves captaincy im pretty sure within an an yr or so he ll be hit another peak. 

The only person i can think who wasnt same after marriage was raina , who priorities changed 

@express bowling

Let me start this post by saying that I consider you one of the better the best posters here. Knowledgeable. Passionate about the game. Succinct.

That said, over here I think you are way off the mark.

I just did a little bit of digging up: Kohli's performance in England in 2018. This was after his marriage.

https://www.crictracker.com/stats-virat-kohli-registers-the-best-tour-of-england-by-an-indian/

He was in a rich vein of form then. Marriage hadn't caused any lack of focus. His will to win ( or at least score runs) wasn't being questioned.

Did we attribute his fantastic form to Anushka then? If anything I remember people outraging over petty matters: why is she in the team pic at the Indian High Commission etc.

We don't want to attribute his success to his marriage, but want to blame his 'loss of focus' on it? That's a double standard.

Also this "loss of focus" arguement is not a good one. Most of us here are married and working. Can we use " oh I married the wrong person and I lost focus, excuse my performance for the FY 19-20 and 20-21, kthnxbye." card? Of course not. That is unheard of. 

I dislike this version of Kohli as much as the next person. He should have been sacked as our ODI captain yesterday. But blaming Anushka for it is doing disservice to Indian cricket. And its a cop out. He is older now. Not motivated enough. And a typical full of himself South/West Delhi wala far too big for his shoes.

His endorsements and brand value have nothing to do with his performance for India or RCB. That is the real tragedy. 

Come to think of it, the fall from Dhoni to Kohli (in terms of captaincy) has been the death knell of our ODI team.

Edited by Mariyam
8 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

its captaincy that to of 3 formats + ipl, it takes it toll. Even in recent times with dhoni or cook it took its toll after a time 

Kohli has been a captain for around 7 yrs now which is to much . 

Once he leaves captaincy im pretty sure within an an yr or so he ll be hit another peak. 

The only person i can think who wasnt same after marriage was raina , who priorities changed 

Marriage should not even be a part of this discussion. That we are discussing marriage here shows that we want to fix blame and not fix the situation.

Also it is very unfair to the spouse.

Edited by Mariyam
1 hour ago, Mariyam said:

@express bowling

Let me start this post by saying that I consider you one of the better the best posters here. Knowledgeable. Passionate about the game. Succinct.

That said, over here I think you are way off the mark.

I just did a little bit of digging up: Kohli's performance in England in 2018. This was after his marriage.

https://www.crictracker.com/stats-virat-kohli-registers-the-best-tour-of-england-by-an-indian/

He was in a rich vein of form then. Marriage hadn't caused any lack of focus. His will to win ( or at least score runs) wasn't being questioned.

Did we attribute his fantastic form to Anushka then? If anything I remember people outraging over petty matters: why is she in the team pic at the Indian High Commission etc.

We don't want to attribute his success to his marriage, but want to blame his 'loss of focus' on it? That's a double standard.

Also this "loss of focus" arguement is not a good one. Most of us here are married and working. Can we use " oh I married the wrong person and I lost focus, excuse my performance for the FY 19-20 and 20-21, kthnxbye." card? Of course not. That is unheard of. 

I dislike this version of Kohli as much as the next person. He should have been sacked as our ODI captain yesterday. But blaming Anushka for it is doing disservice to Indian cricket. And its a cop out. He is older now. Not motivated enough. And a typical full of himself South/West Delhi wala far too big for his shoes.

His endorsements and brand value have nothing to do with his performance for India or RCB. That is the real tragedy. 

Come to think of it, the fall from Dhoni to Kohli (in terms of captaincy) has been the death knell of our ODI team.

I think you did not get my point. I wasn't talking about the stereotypical thought process of " anything goes wrong after marriage, just blame the wife ".  Go through my post again, I did not blame Anushka because I know nothing about their private lives.

I was discussing about different types of personalities and how they get affected by happenings in their personal lives. 

Some people are very passionate about everything they do and get totally engrossed. Every important happening in their lives affect them emotionally. Family issues even more so. The more matters they involve themselves in, the more emotionally drained they become and their overall performances may get affected. Kohli comes across as such an individual to me. 

There are other types of individuals who are not affected that much by what happens around them. The wife of a friend of mine had cancer. He took good care of her but his work.at office was not affected at all. That is another type of personality.

There is another type who operate much better when there is a constant companion around them. They get demotivated by single-life. After marriage, due to the constant companionship that they get, they perform better in every walk of life.

Then there is the loner who does everything better when he or she does not have to interact constantly with someone else.

Don't disregard different personality traits.

P.S - Kohli did very well in the England series after marriage and he may do well in this series too. But I am talking about his overall effectiveness as a match winner for a certain length of time. 

Kohli has lost his ego power. 

I can guarantee that if somehow Bcci unceremoniously dump him from captaincy he will take it on his ego and will hit fifteen centuries next year. 

Too bad the Bcci doesn't have the guts to pull that. Also he will makr runs in Knockouts, 4th innings etc etc you just need to challenge his ego.