Siraj the red ball star!!

sandeep

5 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Had seen him bowl in domestic games and never thought Suraj will play test cricket for India let alone do this well. Always felt Saini will do much better. Siraj has proven success in Australia wasn't a one time thing. Keep going.

Saini was a really good fast bowler in the 2016 to early 2020 period.  Was not debuted at the proper time either. 

Something happened during the Lockdown of 2020 and his fitness went down sharply. He has been plagued by that ever since. 

I hope he takes some time off and gets back to full fitness. He is jeopardizing his career by playing on as a half fit bowler.

4 hours ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

yes i agree but still he had not played any junior cricket., and came a bit late into Ranji scene. So those long tours prepared him better. Also he was a bit mentally fragile i felt earlier, now he is more self aware and confident.

That only in Lois. He always knew what to do in FC games and A games. He knew how to come back. T20 cricket can be very harsh on rookies or out of form players.

7 hours ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

yes i agree but still he had not played any junior cricket., and came a bit late into Ranji scene. So those long tours prepared him better. Also he was a bit mentally fragile i felt earlier, now he is more self aware and confident.

Mentally fragile ? Most abused word here 

He lacked LOI back then so he struggle isme mentally fragile hona kya hua ?

In LOI if u dnt have enough tools it gets bad to worse. Now he has developed that too

There is no doubt in mind that it was a blunder that he didn't made his debut in 2020 NZ tour when Ishant got injured.  Nothing justifies that. 

What a waste of opportunity:facepalm:

27 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

In LOI if u dnt have enough tools it gets bad to worse. Now he has developed that too

Each and every test should be played with a full strength side except against associate nations.

This isn't odis where embarrassing defeats in sriLanka don't count (with a squad hyped up to be as good as aussies of the noughties lol:hysterical:)  

I remember I schooled them on that Aussies  2000s vs Indian talent thread,l and boy was I right. 

Edited by Adamant
15 minutes ago, Adamant said:

Each and every test should be played with a full strength side except against associate nations.

This isn't odis where embarrassing defeats in sriLanka don't count (with a squad hyped up to be as good as aussies of the noughties lol:hysterical:)  

I remember I schooled them on that Aussies  2000s vs Indian talent thread,l and boy was I right. 

We lost last two T20s because 10 of our first choice players got isolated due to Covid and we won the ODI series comfortably, FYI. Had we played the same squad that won first T20, we would have won. We didn't even have 6 batsmen to field.

Edited by rkt.india
1 hour ago, Adamant said:

And what is this full strength team according to you? Whatever captain clown decides to play, am I right? 

23 minutes ago, Serpico said:

And what is this full strength team according to you? Whatever captain clown decides to play, am I right? 

I will be totally ok if Kohli is not a part of the t20 team, coz he is no more the t20 batsman he used to be. 

Secondly, I want Sharma to be our loi Captain. 

You completely missed my point, I was saying that  in test matches you play your best team, you don't play your C team like in lois. 

Go and check out the ban tour of SA when Kallis, Amla, Devilliers all played and at that time there was no WTC. 

You are thinking of me as some irrational Kohli bhakt which I am totally not, it's just that he is undeservedly bashed of deliberately derailing youngsters and cooking controversial theories which even you know is all hogwash and this sometimes forces me to go out of my way in supporting him, he just doesn't have the eye for unearthing talent, that's it. It stops right there. 

As for the above poster who is accusing me of bashing Siraj and Shardul, I can just say that I have always been of the opinion that Shardul can be a better allrounder than Hardik and Siraj is gonna be our future don't know where he is getting this whole idea from

Edited by Adamant
6 minutes ago, Adamant said:

I will be totally ok if Kohli is not a part of the t20 team, coz he is no more the t20 batsman he used to be. 

Secondly, I want Sharma to be our loi Captain. 

You completely missed my point, I was saying that  in test matches you play your best team, you don't play your C team like in lois. 

Go and check out the ban tour of SA when Kallis, Amla, Devilliers all played and at that time there was no WTC. 

You are thinking of me as some irrational Kohli bhakt which I am totally not, it's just that he is undeservedly bashed of deliberately derailing youngsters and cooking controversial theories which even you know is all hogwash, he just doesn't have the eye for unearthing talent, that's it. It stops right there. 

As for the above poster who is accusing me of bashing Siraj and Shardul, I can just say that I have always been of the opinion that Shardul can be a better allrounder than Hardik and Siraj is gonna be our future don't know where he is getting this whole idea from

But it is impossible to ignore buddies bias . How come Dhawan , MSD , Yuvi  were given preference quite a while over younger  contenders .

From 2017 till today , KL is  still not a certainty as an opener in short format . 

Pant went through hell just to accommodate MSD.

Yuvi was done before 2013 , but we had the misfortune of seeing him playing in WI in 2017 and that too in a 50 over match. 

Who were the sufferers ...  Only the youngsters  as they never got a consistent run at the start of their career.

2 minutes ago, prudent_kreeda said:

But it is impossible to ignore buddies bias . How come Dhawan , MSD , Yuvi  were given preference quite a while over younger  contenders .

From 2017 till today , KL is  still not a certainty as an opener in short format . 

Pant went through hell just to accommodate MSD.

Yuvi was done before 2013 , but we had the misfortune of seeing him playing in WI in 2017 and that too in a 50 over match. 

Who were the sufferers ...  Only the youngsters  as they never got a consistent run at the start of their career.

We didn't have any youngster till 2017 who could have made the no. 4 and 5 spot his own.Pant wasn't ready, he was 19 at that time. If you can suggest one name then please do, don't say shreyas Iyer otherwise I"ll puke, he can't do much against proper bowling attacks. Manish Pandey again was a disappointment so was Rayudu and all others we tried. 

As for Dhoni, you really think anyone had the capacity to remove him from Indian team? 

Yes Pant should have been a mainstay but as I said he lacks the eye for talent. 

Kl was tried as an opener in Odis and he failed, failed throughout the world cup and any time we had a match against a tough opponent. Kl is best suited for no. 5 and he is doing well there. 

31 minutes ago, Adamant said:

We didn't have any youngster till 2017 who could have made the no. 4 and 5 spot his own.Pant wasn't ready, he was 19 at that time. If you can suggest one name then please do, don't say shreyas Iyer otherwise I"ll puke, he can't do much against proper bowling attacks. Manish Pandey again was a disappointment so was Rayudu and all others we tried. 

As for Dhoni, you really think anyone had the capacity to remove him from Indian team? 

Kl was tried as an opener in Odis and he failed, failed throughout the world cup and any time we had a match against a tough opponent. Kl is best suited for no. 5 and he is doing well there. 

KL didn't fail in WC. He scored most number of runs for a WC debutant from India.  

7 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

KL didn't fail in WC. He scored most number of runs for a WC debutant from India.  

Please take a look at his str rate in the matches he scored runs, he made 50 of 75 against pak,  failed against eng, scored a run a ball century against srilanka overall his performance was not good enough to replace Dhawan who even in his short stay at the world cup scored an impressive century against Aus

On 8/18/2021 at 5:43 PM, Ankit_sharma03 said:

It means not mentally ready for the top level. Some players are ready at age 17 ala tendulkar and some are ready by 24-25.

In Padosi land kids 15 year old like Aquib, Naseem are ready by age 14 as they play domestics by age 13 :hysterical:

3 hours ago, poyzzplaidwell said:

In Padosi land kids 15 year old like Aquib, Naseem are ready by age 14 as they play domestics by age 13 :hysterical:

There have been 20 year old Pakistani cricketers who had started playing some level of cricket 22 years ago.

They are special ... can play even when they are  minus 2 years old.    :hatsoff:

Edited by express bowling
On 8/18/2021 at 6:32 PM, Adamant said:

How it was decided there were no one to take their place ?  Post cancer Yuvi had little to offer. Yet got to play till June 2017 . Why ? That was the time to try upcoming talent & groom them . Instead the favored one got the nod .  That is the issue .  If youngsters were given chance instead of him , one or 2 would have played & settled in the team with experience of 25-30 matches by 2019. 

MSD - MSD used his influence with  Mama to unhealthy level and the present issue with Virat also  just the extension of evil power brought in by MSD.  Indian team is not property of one player who will decide how long he will drag the team down for his selfishness. If not for Covid he would have been torturing us in 2020 T20 too ! If MSD  could throw out Fab 4 on time why VK  not drop MSD  ? 

Atleast KL or Pant should have been played as his replacement  post 16T20WC  and make them ready with 30  odd matches .   

BTW   KL was not a failure in WC19. 

For WC  you need to plan at least 2 years in advance , identify players for each slot and make them play at least 25-30 matches till the event to be ready.

Even for the coming T20 what is our preparation ? Why Dhawan is playing T20 as opener while KL has no fixed place , and SKY  have 3-4 matches , Ishan 2-3 . Thats how you mess it up.

Repeat again All the 3 oldies mentioned above  overstayed due to benevolence and not on performance . 

Finally - No one is indispensable not even Kohli, MSD , Rohit or Pant .  Talents will emerge .

12 hours ago, express bowling said:

There have been 20 year old Pakistani cricketers who had started playing some level of cricket 22 years ago.

They are special ... can play even when they are  minus 2 years old.    :hatsoff:

Like Hasan Raza, who played at "12". in domestics I read some rumours he was around 17-18 when he debuted. and of course there is Shahid "Ball Biter" Afridi.