Is Australian cricket dominance over for good ?

Just now, Gollum said:

Could become in the future, has all the ingredients to end up in GOAT race. Big fan of Cummins, think he will surpass Lillee in next 3-4 years.

Arguable, but not outlandish. Brilliant quick. 

Probably as good. Lee too overrated in tests.

Noooo way. Warne is the greatest ever spinner the game has seen. India was his bogey side but apart from that, his resume is complete, too damn perfect. And not a chucker like Murali. 

First name on my AT XI sheet.

Fair enough but seriously most of you guys are severely underestimating how good patto is. 

From what I have seen of Warne, he looked bad but that's probably because he played vs India.

I am sure he would ruin kohli rahane and pujara easily now. 

Tell me you didn’t start watching cricket until 2010 without saying you started watching cricket in 2010.

Good grief, the dumbassedness is high in this thread.
I know more about fast bowling than most on this forum. So, I know what I am talking about. Shane Warne is the only difference between that aussie attack and this one. Pat Cummins is as good as McGrath, only 5 mph faster.

Sent from my RMX3081 using Tapatalk

56 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

I know more about fast bowling than most on this forum. So, I know what I am talking about. Shane Warne is the only difference between that aussie attack and this one. Pat Cummins is as good as McGrath, only 5 mph faster.

Bhai even that doesn't matter. Put patto in there. Patto bats better than Warne. His bowling isn't much inferior to Warne. 

49 minutes ago, ShoonyaSifar said:

Main expert hai, main sab jaanta hai:yay::hysterical:

No no no, please don't do that. I don't know how long you've been a member of this forum, but I've been following @rkt.india for the past 10+ years and he has proven us wrong on multiple occasions with facts and analysis on this forum. He is  passionate and does have a deep knowledge about fast bowling

He is a fast bowling aficionado.

40 minutes ago, sarchasm said:

The boast is worth all the emojis but he does have a point. Along with expressbowling, rkt is without a doubt the most passionate about pace bowling on this forum. It's just the truth. I also appreciate him for all the legwork he does posting snippets of unknown quicks that nobody else bothers about. So let's cut him the slack there.

Second, the claim that the current AUS pace attack is better than McG days is not even close to being dubious. So far, those who disagree with this claim have brought the following as argument:

1. Are you new to cricket?

2. I can't believe how dumb posters in this thread are??!?>!

3. Mindless emojis.

Do better.

6 minutes ago, speedheat said:

No no no, please don't do that. I don't know how long you've been a member of this forum, but I've been following @rkt.india for the past 10+ years and he has proven us wrong on multiple occasions with facts and analysis on this forum. He is  passionate and does have a deep knowledge about fast bowling

He is a fast bowling aficionado.

Doesn't matter how great he is. But anytime someone calls himself an expert in any field, that too on an online forum, it deserves nothing but derision and ridicule. If I have done that anytime, please find that post and mock me. I'd have earned it too.

Plus I have been here long enough to observe his mostly cringy one liners. No regrets for calling him out.

The boast is worth all the emojis but he does have a point. Along with expressbowling, rkt is without a doubt the most passionate about pace bowling on this forum. It's just the truth. I also appreciate him for all the legwork he does posting snippets of unknown quicks that nobody else bothers about. So let's cut him the slack there.

Second, the claim that the current AUS pace attack is better than McG days is not even close to being dubious. So far, those who disagree with this claim have brought the following as argument:

1. Are you new to cricket?

2. I can't believe how dumb posters in this thread are??!?>!

3. Mindless emojis.

Do better.

I didn't say current pace attack is better. I only said it's as good if not better

their LOI side has struggled with mindset like India, Warner is going on same lines as rohit, kohli n KL taking his time and their t20 side has bascially been a replica of ODI side. 

Now they have started to look to do something diff with t20s by making marsh bat at 3 and taking a guy like inglis straight into Wc without playing a single international game.

Wud be interesting to see how they go about post 2023 Wc, Cameron green is the guy who wud be one of their biggest superstars but somehow he isnt a big part of their LOI side now which is a lil weird. 

Their overall cricket was damaged by drop in pitches which affected their ability to adapt. In 1990 or early 2000s those pitches were of different nature so their players were good at adapting. 

8 hours ago, Gollum said:

Could become in the future, has all the ingredients to end up in GOAT race. Big fan of Cummins, think he will surpass Lillee in next 3-4 years.

Arguable, but not outlandish. Brilliant quick. 

Probably as good. Lee too overrated in tests.

Noooo way. Warne is the greatest ever spinner the game has seen. India was his bogey side but apart from that, his resume is complete, too damn perfect. And not a chucker like Murali. 

First name on my AT XI sheet.

Lyon is the second best spinner from Aus in the last 30 years (rate him above MacGill) but big gap between #1 and #2. One is the undisputed GOAT, other is not even the best spinner of his generation.

Pattinson is a nobody. 

MacGill is another highly underrated bowler, btw. Spun the ball more than just any non-chucker I have seen.

Mitchell Starc is very under rated in test cricket. He has some very good performances in SC as well. His bowling average maybe on the higher side at 27 but his Strike rate of 49 is up there with the best of current cricket likes of Bumrah, Shami. He can go for runs but is a wicket taker, has over 4 wickets per test ratio. Cummins has better strike rate.

The biggest differences that I see between the bowling of Australia in 2000 and Australia in 2021 in test matches ....

1.  Will to win and knowing how to win. Applies to the whole team of 2000 actually. The current team is mentally fragile.

2.  Shane Warne was much much better than Lyon.

Just in terms of bowling ability ...

There can be no doubt that Cummins is as good as McGrath plus quicker.

Not much difference between Hazlewood and Gillespie.

Starc is slower than Lee and the fear factor is less. But his wicket taking ability is higher than Lee.

The 2000s team did not have a 4th pacer of the quality of Pattinson.

Edited by express bowling
2 hours ago, kohli said:

He played in 2013 against dhoni team.he didn’t played single test against kohli india.

Dhoni's india In sub continent conditions was very strong. Not as powerful as GOAThli's india In Asia but still they were strong. Patto did well vs them. 

I would say misbahs Pakistan was on par with Dhoni india in Asia. Would you agree? 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Dhoni's india In sub continent conditions was very strong. Not as powerful as GOAThli's india In Asia but still they were strong. Patto did well vs them. 

I would say misbahs Pakistan was on par with Dhoni india in Asia. Would you agree? 

2008-2010 dhoni ind > >>misbah pak 

2011-2013 mishbah pak > dhoni ind

Overall ind was better in this period 2008-2013.

1 hour ago, Jay said:

No way man. Misbah's Pakistan lost two series in SL, lost a test to SL and WI in UAE, drew a test in BD. India under Dhoni was far more superior in Asia, we did lose to England and lost a test each to SA and NZ but used to win far more tests, on some of the flattest pitches we have ever had!

Misbah's team was better compared to others but not India.

2 hours ago, express bowling said:

The biggest differences that I see between the bowling of Australia in 2000 and Australia in 2021 in test matches ....

1.  Will to win and knowing how to win. Applies to the whole team of 2000 actually. The current team is mentally fragile.

2.  Shane Warne was much much better than Lyon.

Just in terms of bowling ability ...

There can be no doubt that Cummins is as good as McGrath plus quicker.

Not much difference between Hazlewood and Gillespie.

Starc is slower than Lee and the fear factor is less. But his wicket taking ability is higher than Lee.

The 2000s team did not have a 4th pacer of the quality of Pattinson.

Hazalwood is overrated in test & underrated in odi. He is upgrade version of philander in test.he played 8 test in asia  and took only 16 wickets.@Jay