Is Australian cricket dominance over for good ?

The W/L ratio over the last 5-6 years is just about 1 - a huge decline not only from their days of dominance but also when they are not that great. 

India’s ascendency and English resurgence probably has something to do with it but it seems they got more than their share of ATG greats for 20 years and law of averages are stacked against them. 

I don’t think cricket has declined as a sport as such in Australia, I don’t think it ever will. 

1973D083-BA93-4CFC-BDA7-6788E6D98141.jpeg

1 hour ago, rangeelaraja said:

The W/L ratio over the last 5-6 years is just about 1 - a huge decline not only from their days of dominance but also when they are not that great. 

India’s ascendency and English resurgence probably has something to do with it but it seems they got more than their share of ATG greats for 20 years and law of averages are stacked against them. 

I don’t think cricket has declined as a sport as such in Australia, I don’t think it ever will. 

1973D083-BA93-4CFC-BDA7-6788E6D98141.jpeg

hard to say. they still have a great crop of fast bowlers - when fit and in form, cummins, starc, pattinson, hazelwood is a formidable quartet. and lyon is quite good as well. batting is the real issue - smith has only some more good yrs in him (perhaps), Labu started off well but who knows how long it will continue, and warner is clearly over the hill. however, both green and pucovski have some promise as batters.

28 minutes ago, rangeelaraja said:

bhai, the above stat filer is combined - test + odi + T20. All cricket 

That's why I said. Their performance in shorter format especially T20Is has been used tto say that their dominance is over for good.

Only Pakistan plays their full strength side in T20Is.

New Zealand were struggling till a few years back, look at them now. They have a good team and some fantastic backups. 

Australia bowling is still strong, they just need few middle order batsmans and an opener and they will be back to their best. Green definitely will be permanent fixture, the young opener who got injured lets see how he shapes up. I think they are just a few players away from bouncing back. 

31 minutes ago, jf1gp_1 said:

New Zealand were struggling till a few years back, look at them now. They have a good team and some fantastic backups. 

Australia bowling is still strong, they just need few middle order batsmans and an opener and they will be back to their best. Green definitely will be permanent fixture, the young opener who got injured lets see how he shapes up. I think they are just a few players away from bouncing back. 

This. Aussies have their best ever pace attack now. Yes even better as a pack compared to their 2000-2006 attack. 

Cummins as good as McGrath

Hazelwood better than Gillespie

Starc better than Lee

Pattinson better than Warne as number 8. He can bat and bowl well. Just injury prone. 

Add in Atg best ever Smith. Add In Warner who is an AtG in bouncy conditions and also in flat wickets. 

Puckowski is a fantastic talent. 

Labushagne as Good as any of their old great Middle order. Future Waugh esque player. 

Green is world class talent. Future ATG. 

India beating this world class team just shows how *ing good the Indian team is when they actually play to their potential. 

Make no mistake about it. This Aussie team that india beat woulr annihilate any of past great sides including 90s pak side, England 2012 side. Hell they would beat prime Smith's south africa away. 

Prime smith's south africa couldn't even handle one Johnson and hilfenhaus. Lyon was very young at the time. 

Just imagine this attack in south africa. Cummins would destroy amla and Smith himself. 

Although sand paper gate may have something to do with their demise too. 

Wonder how much they have cheated in the 2000 era given the lack of advanced technology at the time. 

Australia will always be a tough test side.  Only Jaahil Pee Pee experts think they are weak. 

They are the best ODI side on current form.  

T20 format they are struggling but I don't think they give a damn about it.  Next year home T20 WC may be a different picture though. 

23 minutes ago, Norman said:

:hysterical:

Nothing wrong in what I said?

Cummins as good as McGrath. Aussies themselves admit it. 

Hazelwood > Gillespie

Starc> 31 averaging Lee.

Warne vs Pattinson in Australia? I would take patto but yes he is better than Lyon. 

Even stats are very similar infact. 

Weakest Aussie team beat smith's south africa with hilfenhaus pre prime starc and siddle plus young Lyon. 

Weakest version won in south africa back in 2010-2013 period. Although they lost at home in a closely fought series as well. They did win away in south africa to balance things out. 

This Aussie side is way better than their 2010-2013 side which had just Clarke and a leg spinning version of Smith. Pre prime raw Warner. 

1 hour ago, Jay said:

Weakest Aussie team beat smith's south africa with hilfenhaus pre prime starc and siddle plus young Lyon. 

Weakest version won in south africa back in 2010-2013 period. Although they lost at home in a closely fought series as well. They did win away in south africa to balance things out. 

This Aussie side is way better than their 2010-2013 side which had just Clarke and a leg spinning version of Smith. Pre prime raw Warner. 

If that's your logic, then let me counter you.

Weak South Africa post retirement of all giants like Kallis,  Smith beat Australia in Australia without Steyn.
Weak South Africa post retirement of all giants like Kallis, Amla, Smith beat Australia in the Sandpaper series.

35 minutes ago, Adamant said:

If that's your logic, then let me counter you.

Weak South Africa post retirement of all giants like Kallis,  Smith beat Australia in Australia without Steyn.
Weak South Africa post retirement of all giants like Kallis, Amla, Smith beat Australia in the Sandpaper series.

Well weak Australia beat stro gest south African side away twice baccha. So.......? 

And South Africa were far far far from weak till 2019. 

They had prime ABd, good players like qdk, Elgar and markram. Best bowling attack of South Africa post 90s. 

Philander, steyn, rabada and morkel. Lol at weak. They were strong as phuck. 

If anything this makes your boy kohli look like a legit GOAT captain. You should be happy.

He is the luckiest chewitya in the world for sure. 

Edited by Jay

Yes, current Aussie pace attack is as good as McGrath, Gillespie, Lee. They don't have warne but Lyon has done well for them. But they don't have many young fast bowlers coming up. Dont remember any except Jhy and Meredith.

Edited by rkt.india