ICF Cricket Discussion - India Tour of England - 5th Test Preview (Not to be made into match thread)

jalebi_bhai

50 minutes ago, Finer said:

Of course, bcci is adept at handling situation that requires planning in advance while prioritizing safety and common sense into the account hence bcci didn’t persist with hosting Ipl during the COVID-19 despite the outbreak and sanction from foreign nations as the result of careless management putting the whole tamasha in front of the worlds. 

BCCi was professional hence fifth test is not cancelled and Ipl has been finished long ago at India. PCB must learn the professionalism from Indian cricket board. 

How come India were able to successfully host England in India earlier without facing any setbacks due to covid? 

Ipl will take precedence as its a premier competition where players are able to earn a substantial income. No one will pass that up. 

1 hour ago, Finer said:

Well, you answered yourself. Why do you think we call rich spoilt kids? Bcci have no control over their players. Bcci did mess up big in Ipl during the outbreak and now this fifth test due to inability to manage players.

Sometimes you amaze me with your justification and counteract.

Honestly, I really wanted to see the fifth test. I don't blame the players however for not playing without their physio, strategist and coach. It's understandable in this situation. 

High chance or contracting the virus if you are around people who are ill due to covid. 

I dint like the idea of going straight to IPL but the t20 world cup is happening shortly. Besides players need to make a living too you know. They have families to feed. Well indian players earn enough to feel the whole of Mumbai and naturally to sustain that lifestyle they have to continue with their ipl journey. 

Ipl can function on its own. Players have too much control. See kohli for instance. Regardless its a pandemic so imo despite not playing the last test, I feel they can be pardoned given the situation. Yes opting to move straight to IPl does paint a bad look, however, u.a.e currently hasn't experienced an outbreak which bodes well for players. 

Money talks. 

56 minutes ago, Finer said:

So you agree Test format is dying since it is not money-talk business as franchise t20? Why do you work overtime to death only to u-turn? :))

I said I can understand from a players point of view.

Big 3 pay big bucks for tests actually. 

Cummins gets 2 mil a year for test contract. 

indian players too. You get more notoriety. 

Test format is the best though. 

I think odi will perish. 

T20s and tests are enough. 

Edited by Jay
5 minutes ago, Finer said:

If that was the case, 5th test wouldn’t be cancelled for Ipl. Five days test match doesn’t make that much as franchise t20 does apparently. Shorter, less hassle and more money and more entertainment. As you said, people have no time for test so that is less viewership means less revenue. Again, why do you overwork yourself to death taking u-turn to new level? Ha!

Because I am test starved. I really wanted to see the fifth test lol. 

Yes I believe t20 generates more revenue in franchise cricket. Not sure about t20 internationals. I doubt it for int. 

Test cricket probably generates more money in terms of internarional cricket.

As much as I hate watching for 7 hours, I got to admit, test cricket is the best format. I usually watch for an hour or 2 and then just check the scores here and there.