Which IPL team would be the strongest in this scenario?

QuarantineTormentino

Suppose every player only played for their respective state franchises, which IPL team would end up being the strongest? Conditions:

1. Only players currently featuring in the IPL can be included

2. Players whose states do not have representation in the IPL can play for their current sides (ex: Jadeja with CSK, Harshal with RCB, etc.), but only if there’s no other state player alternative available

3. 4 overseas slots as per usual

I think MI would still have the strongest team: Shaw, QdK (k), Rohit (c), Krunal, SKY, Pollard, Thakur, Dhawal, Boult, Jayant, Milne

Edited by QuarantineTormentino

14 minutes ago, Jamadagni said:

Has to be RCB:

Agarwal

Devdutt

KL Rahul

ABD

Maxwell

Tim David

Gowtham

Jamieson

Harshal Patel

Shreyas Gopal

Chahal

Look at the batting and firepower, and all can bat except Chahal. Good spinners as well. Only weakness is death bowling. 

Can’t include Chahal cause like for like state alternatives are available (Gopal and Dubey). Also only 2 pacers in your squad?? Would play Garton in place of David

1 hour ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

2. Players whose states do not have representation in the IPL can play for their current sides (ex: Jadeja with CSK, Harshal with RCB, etc.), but only if there’s no other state player alternative available

Every Ranji team is supposed to be a part of some IPL franchise through its local talent pool allocation.

For example RR would include Rajasthan, Gujarat and Saurashtra. Mumbai Indians includes Mumbai, Maharashtra and Baroda, and so on. I recall Rayudu was part of MI as he played for Baroda (local pool player)

With 2 more teams expected to be added, this system/allocation could change :hmmm:

Edited by zen

9 hours ago, zen said:

Every Ranji team is supposed to be a part of some IPL franchise through its local talent pool allocation.

For example RR would include Rajasthan, Gujarat and Saurashtra. Mumbai Indians includes Mumbai, Maharashtra and Baroda, and so on. I recall Rayudu was part of MI as he played for Baroda (local pool player)

With 2 more teams expected to be added, this system/allocation could change :hmmm:

This was the catchment area system, which has since been scrapped I think, all domestic uncapped players are sold via the auction now. (Previously franchises could sign uncapped players from their catchment areas)