We're losing this series

16 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

The manner in which SAF won was depressing coz pitch certainly had help..  And dare I say 240 was a reasonable total in 4th inns.  We just had no answer to Elgar.  He is one guy standing between India & series victory as simple as that. 

Pitch got flatter as the game progresses. Scores kept increasing by innings. I remember in 2013 SA almost chased 458.

9 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

Pitch got flatter as the game progresses. Scores kept increasing by innings. I remember in 2013 SA almost chased 458.

Exactly I don't understand why our posters are so vehemently criticising our world class bowling attack who were a man down. 

Batting should be targeted. Our batting sucked balls. 

Also full credit to Elgar and co because they really faced some brutal deliveries and survived. They deserve it. 

Stephen za posted this. I hope we show this to our bowling attack and light a fire up their arsehole. The goat attack hopefully puts them in their place:

So I don't normally like criticizing other teams players and I think India is an exceptional team. But I do think that Indian supporters are overblowing the quality of their seam attack. It is a very good attack, and they have very good control, but it feels like an attack that does a job without being scary. I understand at certain points that Thakur, Siraj, Shami and Bumrah have all bowled excellent spells. But none of those bowlers worry me, I don't think that they are going to bowl my side out. They need a newish ball in favourable conditions, and batsmen feeling the pressure and playing loose strokes. I think the fact that SA has an inexperienced batting line-up is the scary part as a SA supporter.

As an extreme example, I worry about every time Cummins comes on to bowl for Aus against SA just because he can do something special. Or a Broad, or Anderson. When you watched Rabada's spell there felt like an inevitability that he would start taking wickets, and possibly change the game, regardless of who was batting. I just never get that feeling with the current Indian bowlers bowling. Maybe it is a mindset because it is an Indian fast bowler, but I do remember feeling that sometimes with Zaheer Khan (always rated him).

I say all this because chasing down that total never felt like it was 'would the Indian bowlers get SA batsmen out', it felt more along the lines 'did the SA batsmen have the fortitude to survive and get the total'. The pitch was doing a bit here and there but it was not unplayable, and Wanderers always has the potential to be a fast scoring ground once you are in.

As an aside, I am very old school, and believe you play your best 6 batsmen, 4 best bowlers and wk. Hopefully their is a decent allrounder and wk/batsmen in there. I think this 5 bowler strategy of India is hurting them long term.

Cmon booms shami siraj umesh and thakur. Destroy those boks and mutilate them in the final game please. 

ideally a win would be nice but a loss with saffer players' bones broken or their players badly hurt would be just as epic. 

Edited by Jay
26 minutes ago, rkt.india said:

That pitch was genuinely flat...  Although Ashwin was rubbish in 4th inns or we would have won.  Ashwin himself has admitted that was low point of his career that test match.  The curator of this pitch is different. 

Edited by Lone Wolf
2 hours ago, Jay said:

Stephen za posted this. I hope we show this to our bowling attack and light a fire up their arsehole. The goat attack hopefully puts them in their place:

So I don't normally like criticizing other teams players and I think India is an exceptional team. But I do think that Indian supporters are overblowing the quality of their seam attack. It is a very good attack, and they have very good control, but it feels like an attack that does a job without being scary. I understand at certain points that Thakur, Siraj, Shami and Bumrah have all bowled excellent spells. But none of those bowlers worry me, I don't think that they are going to bowl my side out. They need a newish ball in favourable conditions, and batsmen feeling the pressure and playing loose strokes. I think the fact that SA has an inexperienced batting line-up is the scary part as a SA supporter.

As an extreme example, I worry about every time Cummins comes on to bowl for Aus against SA just because he can do something special. Or a Broad, or Anderson. When you watched Rabada's spell there felt like an inevitability that he would start taking wickets, and possibly change the game, regardless of who was batting. I just never get that feeling with the current Indian bowlers bowling. Maybe it is a mindset because it is an Indian fast bowler, but I do remember feeling that sometimes with Zaheer Khan (always rated him).

I say all this because chasing down that total never felt like it was 'would the Indian bowlers get SA batsmen out', it felt more along the lines 'did the SA batsmen have the fortitude to survive and get the total'. The pitch was doing a bit here and there but it was not unplayable, and Wanderers always has the potential to be a fast scoring ground once you are in.

As an aside, I am very old school, and believe you play your best 6 batsmen, 4 best bowlers and wk. Hopefully their is a decent allrounder and wk/batsmen in there. I think this 5 bowler strategy of India is hurting them long term.

Cmon booms shami siraj umesh and thakur. Destroy those boks and mutilate them in the final game please. 

ideally a win would be nice but a loss with saffer players' bones broken or their players badly hurt would be just as epic. 

The Indian attack failed in the 4th innings but in genral, it is deceptively good, with the bowlers hunting together as a pack. The record for under 200 dismissals wouldn't have come about with a toothless attack. I bet our attack will do even better if our batters start putting up better totals. In the recent past, how many times have they operated with the advantage of scoreboard pressure? 

3 hours ago, Jay said:

Not gonna happen. Our bowlers are pussies

No agression. They just laugh and move on to IPL

5 hours ago, Jay said:

In the 2000s our batting gave a lot of large total cushions, But we criticized our bowlers not being able to exploit it. Not entirely their fault as we often played only 4 bowlers and 7 batsmen. But they could have forced the issue in some matches. Here we are a team that bowled out a side under 200 , eleven times we still have issue with them. Even the tests we won were due to batting of lower order.  If our bowling was genuinely bad we probably will be ranked 5th or 6th not 1st.  Indian bowlers have achieved some fairy tale stuffs in recent times. Don't South Africans realize they got bowled out under 200 twice in the last test? And SA bowling was thrashed around by Srilankan batters? Sh** happens.  If your batting fails not even the world's ATG attack can do much. 

1 hour ago, vvvslaxman said:

In the 2000s our batting gave a lot of large total cushions, But we criticized our bowlers not being able to exploit it. Not entirely their fault as we often played only 4 bowlers and 7 batsmen. But they could have forced the issue in some matches. Here we are a team that bowled out a side under 200 , eleven times we still have issue with them. Even the tests we won were due to batting of lower order.  If our bowling was genuinely bad we probably will be ranked 5th or 6th not 1st.  Indian bowlers have achieved some fairy tale stuffs in recent times. Don't South Africans realize they got bowled out under 200 twice in the last test? And SA bowling was thrashed around by Srilankan batters? Sh** happens.  If your batting fails not even the world's ATG attack can do much. 

Our bowling is the best all condition attack. Period. Pacers alone I mean. We can't bloody support our piss poor batsmen every game. You see that cult's mentality from that post? Maybe because it's an Indian attack rofl......

Thats the problem with sir culture. Stop that crap and our team can shut the mouths of even the most narrow minded of fans. Even Pakistanis have acknowledged how good this attack is. Goat Asian pace attack. These that's in s.africa need to be silenced. 

28 minutes ago, Jay said:

Our bowling is the best all condition attack. Period. Pacers alone I mean. We can't bloody support our piss poor batsmen every game. You see that cult's mentality from that post? Maybe because it's an Indian attack rofl......

Thats the problem with sir culture. Stop that crap and our team can shut the mouths of even the most narrow minded of fans. Even Pakistanis have acknowledged how good this attack is. Goat Asian pace attack. These that's in s.africa need to be silenced. 

Rahul 51, Pujara/Rahane fifties, Agarwal couple of 20s, All of a sudden we think our batting is not the problem. None of them converted. None of them stayed like Elgar did. Pujara/Rahane did just enough to save their ass not the team.  Pant  played like a tailender in both the innings. With 5 bowlers Indian tail is going to be weak. It is a given. So onus is on top 6 to capitalize on scoring big in slightly easier conditions. Rabada was the only threat that too for 4 or 5 overs. 

2 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Rahul 51, Pujara/Rahane fifties, Agarwal couple of 20s, All of a sudden we think our batting is not the problem. None of them converted. None of them stayed like Elgar did. Pujara/Rahane did just enough to save their ass not the team.  Pant  played like a tailender in both the innings. With 5 bowlers Indian tail is going to be weak. It is a given. So onus is on top 6 to capitalize on scoring big in slightly easier conditions. Rabada was the only threat that too for 4 or 5 overs. 

Except pant all other wickets to rabada were gifts. 

8 hours ago, Jay said:

I mean he is right that they are not scary or anything...  Nor much aggressive.  So I can understand where he come from but they do the job in their own way.   Ishant used to be quite aggressive & had that Delhi ka launda anger in him...  But with age he has mellowed down & matured. 

I hope they win the next game & we give epic phainta to Saffers. 

22 minutes ago, Lone Wolf said:

I mean he is right that they are not scary or anything...  Nor much aggressive.  So I can understand where he come from but they do the job in their own way.   Ishant used to be quite aggressive & had that Delhi ka launda anger in him...  But with age he has mellowed down & matured. 

They were scary in Australia. Quiet a few Australia got hit all over the body. Reaction time is less when you are up against Bumrah especially on a quickened up surface. Once the pitch got flattened out he is not quiet the same. He is not one of those guys who will bend his back to extract something out of the pitch with more shoulder. Shami/Umesh are slightly better there. HOnestly i don't want him to screw up his action by attempting that. If it is going to be a phatta wicket they can try Umesh. But i am sure they will go with Ishant due to his ability to bowl long spells (often with no rewards). We need a genuine swing bowler in the side. Someone like Zaheer to complement this attack.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Rahul 51, Pujara/Rahane fifties, Agarwal couple of 20s, All of a sudden we think our batting is not the problem. None of them converted. None of them stayed like Elgar did. Pujara/Rahane did just enough to save their ass not the team. 

When they were out, they were not upset for team India, they were relieved that they scored enough to prolong their career.

They achieved  their goals and done their job.

Pujara and Rahane should be judged on their 1st innings and for the many many tests prior to this, not on the 2nd innings.

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

He says they aren't scary yet since 2016, Indian bowlers have inflicted the most damage apart from Aussies on players in terms of injuries etc though. So imo if he isn't scared maybe he should face some bouncers off booms and shami Lel. Ok maybe they don't sledge but he says scary and then associates broad and Anderson rofl as scary bowlers too hahah. That made me realize how racist this piece of **** is.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

They were scary in Australia. Quiet a few Australia got hit all over the body. Reaction time is less when you are up against Bumrah especially on a quickened up surface. Once the pitch got flattened out he is not quiet the same. He is not one of those guys who will bend his back to extract something out of the pitch with more shoulder. Shami/Umesh are slightly better there. HOnestly i don't want him to screw up his action by attempting that. If it is going to be a phatta wicket they can try Umesh. But i am sure they will go with Ishant due to his ability to bowl long spells (often with no rewards). We need a genuine swing bowler in the side. Someone like Zaheer to complement this attack.

Nha if booms and Cummins both cant bend their backs on Indian flat pitches etc then I can't consider both as top tier bowlers. Sorry. I say that as a fan. 

Bumrah can do well there given his ranji record but for some reason he hasn't applied his skills on such pitches. Ofcourse you need reverse and a newish ball in India to be effective. 

Cummins too. Same issue but atleast for him there is nice springy bounce in australia. Unfortunately in booms case, he has to ply his trade on low bouncy wickets in India provided he plays.

On 1/9/2022 at 2:18 PM, Jay said:

i had responded to him over there. 

the problem is he is comparing the impact Anderson and Broad tend to have with what Ashwin has in India where our pacers won't play as much, while also making generalizations. How is that in anyway an apples to apples comparison? I find this saf attack to be by far the least hostile one we have faced so far too but it's good enough for our batting.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:36 AM, rkt.india said:

No it is false, Indian collpsed like a heap once roller effect was gone even in second innings. None of the Indian bowlers except Thakur never looked like taking wicket whole match.To expect Thakur to repeat his first innings performance was bit too much.

On 1/9/2022 at 3:48 AM, Jay said:

I don't think he wrong.I don't think I expect Bumrah or Shami to run thru batting lineups like Broad and Anderson did in England or Rabada , Steyn or Vernon Philander did  in SA.There is reason why Indian bowlers need to have 4 fast bowlers to take 20 wickets on any wicket.