Avesh Khan

4 minutes ago, Jay said:

Yes it always shocked me how unfit Merv looked yet he could maintain intensity for the whole test match without getting tired.

Aussie generally eat a nice clean diet but they do drink VB beer alot. 

Post 90s Aussies became really strict with regards to fitness and the results reflected it albeit in a non drs, no no ball umpiring plus no unbiased umpiring era. 

I do see a few guys like that here actually. Some eat like crap yet they can run all day without getting tired. Do bear in mind, these guys have been running since childhood. I guess once it's ingrained in your brain and you have good muscle memory of your past, it's hard to lose your talents. 

yes, porky merv always delivered. limited bowler, but great temperament.

1 hour ago, Adamant said:

He bowls hard length and has a heavy bowl, reminds me of Kallis. 

Needs to increase his pace a bit and he will be deadly in lois. 

yes we need bowlers who can bowl hard length at good pace, once u have it all hitters of the world will find it tough- pandya, pollard, pooran, maxwell, marsh, russell, moeen ali (apart from livingstone) everyone has problem hitting hard length at high pace. We lacked that this Wc- most teams has it now . We need prasidh, avesh to com good in LOIs

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
4 hours ago, Adamant said:

He bowls hard length and has a heavy bowl, reminds me of Kallis. 

Needs to increase his pace a bit and he will be deadly in lois. 

Yes, Avesh can be a handful if he can get fitter and bowl at his 2018-2019 pace. 

He still bowls a heavy ball but it used to be really heavy in 2018 and 2019.

1 hour ago, express bowling said:

I was surprised when we played 3 medium pacers in the last 2 T20Is vs NZ ... and Avesh did not get in despite being in the squad.

We unfortunately suffer from one dimensional players which is making it hard to get right the balance in t20s

Almost every player brings in a problem of his , i was reading a stat we have hardly picked any wkts in PP in last 2 yrs ODIs . Yet this has gone unnoticed ...

Its sad that with all the money we havent hired services of cricviz n pakistan has, need string data to use players acc to conditions . Here we are playing players in wrong format till date . Their a lot of issues in think tank when it comes to LOI and it only gets worse coz of one skilled players.

Coming back to last series its baffling to see harshal getting chances , not that he has done anything wrong but TM shud ask themselves wud his bowling suit for next t20 WC thats in australia ??? No, absolutely no. HAd it been SL, Bangladesh or WI ..then yes but no Not in Australia. It shud be a no brainer that for t20 wc avesh n prasidh shud be in scheme of things and shud get max exposure at international level 

29 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

We unfortunately suffer from one dimensional players which is making it hard to get right the balance in t20s

Almost every player brings in a problem of his , i was reading a stat we have hardly picked any wkts in PP in last 2 yrs ODIs . Yet this has gone unnoticed ...

Its sad that with all the money we havent hired services of cricviz n pakistan has, need string data to use players acc to conditions . Here we are playing players in wrong format till date . Their a lot of issues in think tank when it comes to LOI and it only gets worse coz of one skilled players.

Coming back to last series its baffling to see harshal getting chances , not that he has done anything wrong but TM shud ask themselves wud his bowling suit for next t20 WC thats in australia ??? No, absolutely no. HAd it been SL, Bangladesh or WI ..then yes but no Not in Australia. It shud be a no brainer that for t20 wc avesh n prasidh shud be in scheme of things and shud get max exposure at international level 

I strongly support using Cricviz data ... but don't think the TM need this data to understand that 3 trundler ARs + 0 quicks is acceptable.

4 hours ago, Sooda said:

Makes a come back in T20 squad

BUT

Is he a better red ball bowler then a white ball one? Good FC record, and good season last year in Ranji

Not great in List A and T20s

He wont even be considered for test cricket if he bowls poorly in T20. Selectors need to learn to separate formats and give weightage to the right format. 

22 minutes ago, Lord said:

Rinku Singh helping Indian team without being selected :hatsoff:

... and looks like he top-scored for Central Zone.  48 out of 128.  I have resigned to him being an IPL star and nothing more - thanks to the wisdom of the selectors. And am glad that there is the IPL so franchise-selectors can give opportunities for quietly talented guys whom Indian selectors miss.

3 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

... and looks like he top-scored for Central Zone.  48 out of 128.  I have resigned to him being an IPL star and nothing more - thanks to the wisdom of the selectors. And am glad that there is the IPL so franchise-selectors can give opportunities for quietly talented guys whom Indian selectors miss.

yeah atleast they are financially well-off.