India abstains

goose

5 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

For those interested in the issue at hand. 

thanks for the link. it's one opinion and certainly thought provoking. does bungled foreign policy, deliberate or otherwise warrant the invasion of a neighboring country with a democratically elected government. i'm not sure about that. depend on one's values.

10 hours ago, putrevus said:

No GOI's first responsibility is for humanity.Countless innocent lives are being lost due to one man.This has to be stopped before it become much more dangerous. why you keep bringing US into discussion. Who cares what they do or don't do.

The most INCORRECT/WRONG statement that ever existed on ICF. 

Given your genius ideas, we'd be feeding the poor in Niger & fighting Somali terrorists before buying arms or investing in our space program. 

To all those living in the lala land of soft power & humanity, here's a reality check 

We've been fighting for our borders, defending our sovereignty and stopped the genocide 50 years back on the fulcrum of Russian weapons. The Indian territory is held together by its fighters, cargo/tanker planes, helis, tanks, missile boats, frigates, submarines and even guns that come from Russian equipment & knowhow. Can your soft power and humanity compensate for all of these ? No it can't, so please get your head examined. 

11 hours ago, putrevus said:

No GOI's first responsibility is for humanity.Countless innocent lives are being lost due to one man.This has to be stopped before it become much more dangerous. why you keep bringing US into discussion. Who cares what they do or don't do.

Yes, humanity ka thekedhaari sirf hum hi logon ne le rakkhi hain. Baaki sab jhak maar rahen hain 

Edited by coffee_rules

7 hours ago, goose said:

thanks for the link. it's one opinion and certainly thought provoking. does bungled foreign policy, deliberate or otherwise warrant the invasion of a neighboring country with a democratically elected government. i'm not sure about that. depend on one's values.

@goose I think you are a smart person and therefore you ask these philosophical questions. Perhaps I would also do the same in a different context. But like most things in life, we dont act on everything we feel bad about. I feel sick in my stomach going to posh restaurant when I know the condition of average man in my country. But these feeling cannot be substitute for policy and framework, 

I have a very low opinion of the west who are busy feeling guilty about everything but won't act on anything. This self righteousness has no place for us. We are only dragged when they need the numbers. India has to ensure best interest of its people. As simple as that.

Edited by ravishingravi

5 hours ago, vayuu1 said:

Other thing we need to do is have our own desi payment platforms and priorities it rupay vagerah theek hai but aur bhi ,our own social media platforms,search engine etc,china did right in this regard.

NPCI has done a great job with Rupay and BHIM so far. 60% of all cards in India are apparently with Rupay.

BHIM is also one of the best payment systems IMO. Makes digital payments a breeze. I dont think you have the range of options to connect payments from CCs, Bank A/cs, Debit Cards etc. with any other system globally. It is now going to be rolled out in Nepal and Bhutan. Hopefully the African countries adopt it as well. 

54 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

@goose I think you are a smart person and therefore you ask these philosophical questions. Perhaps I would also do the same in a different context. But like most things in life, we dont act on everything we feel bad about. I feel sick in my stomach going to posh restaurant when I know the condition of average man in my country. But these feeling cannot be substitute for policy and framework, 

I have a very low opinion of the west who are busy feeling guilty about everything but won't act on anything. This self righteousness has no place for us. We are only dragged when they need the numbers. India has to ensure best interest of its people. As simple as that.

i have said in this thread, india had to abstain. i am taking issue with the arguments put forward online to justify it by some. read carefully the accompanying explanatory letter from Trimurti. to say all that and then end with 'for this reason we abstain' is farcical. India is saying loud and clear, her default position is to side with Russia, no matter what the facts are. but on this occasion we are abstaining. i am saying to be caught in such a publicly compromised position is a mess. the balancing act didn't work out this time. i understand your dislike of the west but rules are rules. violence can never be justified. one must remain objective. isn't that how you wish the law to be applied in your own life?

47 minutes ago, Pakistan said:

You guys messed up. You lot should have voted against Russia who are ally of China. You are in American camp with quad. This will hurt you in future.

Which animal did you consume to pursue such binary thinking ? How do simpletons or smart@$$es like you view the Syria conflict ?

https://edition.cnn.com/2016/08/25/middleeast/syria-isis-whos-fighting-who-trnd/index.html

1 hour ago, goose said:

agreed. an indian lost his life yesterday going about his business in ukraine. most on this forum seem pretty unbothered.

It's truly tragic that this happened inspite of multiple calls to evacuate. But I wouldnt relate it to policy. It's a tragic situation and I feel sorry that one of our own also lost his life in this conflict. 

1 hour ago, goose said:

agreed. an indian lost his life yesterday going about his business in ukraine. most on this forum seem pretty unbothered.

They won't be bothered because they are not affected by it.It is insane to see what is happening there.All those lives being lost have done nothing wrong.They were just living their lives.

1 hour ago, putrevus said:

They won't be bothered because they are not affected by it.It is insane to see what is happening there.All those lives being lost have done nothing wrong.They were just living their lives.

no it is because there is no clear identifiable enemy.

12 minutes ago, sandeep said:

well thats a bit of a blanket statement.

some people expect forum members to act as they please; they will compare 26/11 to covid to suggest reducing defense spending and focusing on health infra. Great idea, assuming we expect citizens to carry AK-47s for self defense just like they should be wearing masks. 

17 hours ago, putrevus said:

Remember Indian Mars mission? Or Indian Nuclear Tests? The West criticized it and how India dared when millions of its people are starving.  That was also inhumane for them...

GOI main responsibility is development and safety. Humanity is a vague concept and it cannot be defined by the West who themselves have horrible records. GOI rightfully cannot be anti-Russia as it hurts our self interest, and deterrence level.

7 hours ago, goose said:

i understand your dislike of the west but rules are rules. violence can never be justified. one must remain objective. isn't that how you wish the law to be applied in your own life?

Only weak people say such things. Aggression and violence can be the solution whenever necessarily. Our history is full of it, including Ramayana and Mahabharat.

One cannot always sit quiet or depend on dialogues for solutions. We also need to brave and take strong actions for our many internal and external problems.

Edited by someone

4 hours ago, Pakistan said:

You guys messed up. You lot should have voted against Russia who are ally of China. You are in American camp with quad. This will hurt you in future.

Borden’s priority on Quad is as much as it can s on Ukraine. When push comes to shove, USA will protect its own interests and leave others to fend for themselves. India is fighting China with Russian weapons ever since the 1962 war