Dhoni gives up CSK captaincy, Jadeja to be the new CSK captain

Ankit_sharma03

He will shadow support Jadeja like how he did for Virat. Good move. Probably will retire at the end of the season. Rather than shocking the fanbase with a sudden exit, this can taper out the effect a little. As long as he is there, CSK is not going to miss any of Dhoni's gimmick w.r.t. captaincy. 

Edited by South_Paw

2 minutes ago, zubinpepsi said:

Raina really missed the boat. He was the successor of Dhoni. I think him throwing a fit and opting out of IPL2020 has screwed him. He fell out of favor with srini mama and eventually got kicked out of the team. bad move by him..

Don't think in this case even if he would have maintained a cordial relationship, it would have mattered. Since 2015/16 he was starting to fade away in international cricket and no IPL team will pick such a palyer as their new captain and not to mention his age. Even Jadeja, w.r.t. age, is not a great choice for being picked as a new captain, but given his stature in CSK  his current form in international cricket and ofcourse his relationship with Dhoni has made him a natural choice and that would have not changed even if Raina was still there in the team without any of that 2020 fuss happening. 

32 minutes ago, zubinpepsi said:

Raina really missed the boat. He was the successor of Dhoni. I think him throwing a fit and opting out of IPL2020 has screwed him. He fell out of favor with srini mama and eventually got kicked out of the team. bad move by him..

his game was done much before that that itself ruined his captaincy chances, by throwing a fit he just costed him a place. But the way he was playing even CSK wudnt have carried him for long

1 hour ago, LordPrabhzy said:

CSK's brand was around Thalla Captain Dhoni... if he's not the skipper anymore what value does he bring to the team? Man should just retire in peace now.

Yeah, makes no sense for him to not be captain when that's his only plus point. Maybe he has realized in the nets that his body can no longer keep up with the demands of the game. After first handing off the captaincy and playing a few games, he could possibly take an "injury break", followed by retirement altogether. He could have signed off in style after last year's win or this year, should have played the full season as captain after coming this far. 

Honestly, I was expecting it.  In fact, I was thinking of creating a thread to see what people think of it. 

I thought they may not announce it but Jadeja might walk out for the toss on match day.

Good decision.  Dhoni will shadow captain for a year and then hang his boots.

Edited by bowl_out

2 hours ago, zubinpepsi said:

Also his performance massively dipped.