Can RCB muster up the guts to drop Kohli?

Texan

I don't think they can. Strictly speaking as a cricket decision, it must be done to allow the team to succeed, but they will have to weigh what kind of backlash this will cause to their brand.

What are your thoughts?

22 minutes ago, Lord said:

don't care for RCB

just wish Indian selectors develop the balls to drop him

Well if RCB Management muster up those guts, then I am hoping our selectors will also develop some balls. Otherwise, I just don't see how they will drop Kohli. Kohli's PR machinery is just too powerful. 

1 hour ago, Texan said:

Well if RCB Management muster up those guts, then I am hoping our selectors will also develop some balls. Otherwise, I just don't see how they will drop Kohli. Kohli's PR machinery is just too powerful. 

There will memes educating us about how many man of the matches he won, how much he scored in the past world T20 etc etc. Hero worshipping in India cannot be contained. 

1 minute ago, vvvslaxman said:

There will memes educating us about how many man of the matches he won, how much he scored in the past world T20 etc etc. Hero worshipping in India cannot be contained. 

exactly. People want Thala back too after last knock :facepalm:

1 hour ago, Texan said:

yes, Brat has a legion of (toxic) fans who won't shut up about him; a good chunk of them are greenbros secretly or openly.

1 minute ago, Lone Wolf said:

I hope he keeps failing...  BCCI should wake up & drop him.  Can't take Rohit & Kohli both to T20 WC.   At least show guts to drop one of them.  Chokli won't get to play even in gully mohalla game ffs. 

Both going even if they score ducks for the rest of the IPL.

16 hours ago, wanted_desi said:

he would have been benched

Did you see his performances in the last 2 years, especially tests? The f*** has been given far too long a rope for no reason, heck his Pakistani fangirls have also abandoned him in favor of their uber softie Babar :laugh:

https://www.espncricinfo.com/story/ipl-2022-rcb-vs-srh-what-is-ailing-virat-kohli-1312133

Kohli, bat-twirler and ferocious gum-chewer, faces up. His body language exudes naked aggression. Even before the openers had walked out to bat, there he was, all padded up, helmet strapped in, gloves set, like they usually are every single game. Nothing different there.

Kevin Pietersen wants him to "chill". Ravi Shastri wants him to "take a break". Dilip Vengsarkar, the man who picked him for India, straight out of the Under-19s, is sure it's the tiredness that is getting to him. The harder he's trying, the tougher it's getting.

Game after game, the chorus has been getting louder. Where is Kohli of the 2016 vintage? The season where he could have walked on water. The season when he made four centuries and a mind-boggling 973 runs. That aggression has gone missing. The accumulation has been painful. The struggle to force the pace against spin all evident.

Royal Challengers Bangalore's team management, however, believes he's as free in the mind as he has ever been without the captaincy. Head coach Sanjay Bangar is confident the drought will end soon. Kohli believes, everyone believes.

Williamson thinks otherwise, as he places Markram at second slip. Kohli sees one pushed full. He instinctively throws his hands at it. Brabourne doesn't quite have the spongy bounce of Centurion, so it's likely the ball will fly off the bat should it meet his forward stride. Except, Jansen has angled it away towards fifth stump. He has dangled a carrot.

It can play on the ego of great players like Kohli. The front foot is out in no time, hands away from the body. The bolt-upright seam hits the deck and moves away a wee bit. In a split second, after he has played it, Kohli knows it hasn't gone where he wants it to. The ball flies low to Markram. Gone. Zero. A second straight first-ball duck.

Four nights ago, he had a wry smile after he flayed one straight to backward point. Here, he looks down at the pitch, looks at his bat, looks at the non-striker Anuj Rawat. As if to ask if what has happened is legitimate. He then yanks his gloves off and walks off shaking his head.

Reminds me of Chris Weidmann the ufc fighter. At his peak he was very good but he avoided all the hard matchups for him. 

Then once he got the title, he faced better opponents in yoel, Luke and Mousasi. Got his ass socked badly. 

Kohli = Weidman. 

Beat Anderson Silva at his pomp but remember Anderson was 36 37 when he beat him. Perhaps Weidman was just a bad matchup for him. Just like kohli was at the right place to dominate for 3 years at his peak because his weakness wasn't figured out. Once it was found it, he was as good as gone. 

If RCB doesn't drop him at some point, I feel like some meandering slow innings in a small chase would be inevitably coming and selectors will find it sufficient justification to keep him in the team.

What is disgusting is that commentators are still not calling him out. They keep saying that the runs are going to come, too great a player and all. Why not call out Kohli as someone whose performance has significantly dropped over the last few years and should no longer be considered a guaranteed pick in the 11. It seems like no one has the guts to call him out.

Edited by Texan