Why are our Legendary IPL Bowlers failing so miserably in the T20 Internationals?

Chahal, Harshal Patel, Hardik Pandya, or for that matter Axar Patel, all these bowlers were literally unplayable in the IPL just 2 weeks ago, Come the Blue Jersey and the same bowlers are looking like Club Level Trundlers and even the likes of Klaasen, Bavuma who do not feature in IPL are taking them for ride for fun. 

Surely there is a difference of Standards in IPL and International cricket, but the gap cannot be this huge that the same bowlers look poles apart within 2 weeks. 

Is it the difference in Class or is it the difference in Strategy and Team Management. Are the Indian TM not being able to get the best out of these players the way their Franchises do, or these bowlers are just trash who get lucky in the IPL? 

Thoughts?

Edited by Sean Bradley
2 minutes ago, zen said:

IPL was played on different type of pitches. 4 venues hosted 70 games.

Apart from GT, bowlers did not do that well in the playoff games where pitches were flat 

Surely can't be this poor, Harshal Patel and Chahal have turned out to be complete frauds in terms of replicating their IPL performances in Blue Jersey. Today's pitch was not an easy wicket to bat on, and still apart from Bhuvi both Patel and Chahal failed to impress.

8 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Surely can't be this poor, Harshal Patel and Chahal have turned out to be complete frauds in terms of replicating their IPL performances in Blue Jersey. Today's pitch was not an easy wicket to bat on, and still apart from Bhuvi both Patel and Chahal failed to impress.

Harshal & Chahal did not do that well on fresh pitches in playoffs … In bilaterals, games are usually played at different venues so pitches will be relatively fresh

They were also helped by the presence of international bowlers such as Hazlewood, Hasaranga, Boult, etc. in their teams

Edited by zen
29 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Chahal, Harshal Patel, Hardik Pandya, or for that matter Axar Patel, all these bowlers were literally unplayable in the IPL just 2 weeks ago, Come the Blue Jersey and the same bowlers are looking like Club Level Trundlers and even the likes of Klaasen, Bavuma who do not feature in IPL are taking them for ride for fun. 

Surely there is a difference of Standards in IPL and International cricket, but the gap cannot be this huge that the same bowlers look poles apart within 2 weeks. 

Is is the difference if Class or is it the difference of Strategy and Team Management. Are the Indian TM not being able to get the best out of these players the way their Franchises do, or these bowlers are just trash who get lucky in the IPL? 

Thoughts?

because these "legends" had better bowlers backing them up. Harshal, for instance, had Wanindu. Chahal had Ass-win and co. Pandu had entire GT pace attack + Rashid. the list goes on

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

because these "legends" had better bowlers backing them up. Harshal, for instance, had Wanindu. Chahal had Ass-win and co. Pandu had entire GT pace attack + Rashid. the list goes on

Basically, it proves my point, they are not good on their own, trash Material, that brings my next question, What are they doing in the National Side? Sub questions outside topic, What is Rishabh Pant doing captaining the National Side? Why has Rahul Dravid sucked bals as a National Coach? 

Just now, Sean Bradley said:

Basically, it proves my point, they are not good on their own, trash Material, that brings my next question, What are they doing in the National Side? Sub questions outside topic, What is Rishabh Pant doing captaining the National Side? Why has Rahul Dravid sucked bals as a National Coach? 

What are they doing in the National Side? --> getting paid for doing nothing and giggling all the way to the bank

What is Rishabh Pant doing captaining the National Side? --> showing the world why a good captain is quite important

Why has Rahul Dravid sucked bals as a National Coach?  --> got bored of sucking SRT's and Ganguly's b***s as a player, and now wants to do so as a coach

2 minutes ago, Sean Bradley said:

Basically, it proves my point, they are not good on their own, trash Material, that brings my next question, What are they doing in the National Side?  

That is what India has to offer. In future, we will see bowlers like Moshin, Umran, etc. coming in to the team as well. 

Today, the amount of cricket played is so much that players need to be rotated. India is also developing a team by including next gen players. 

Just now, zen said:

That is what India has to offer. In future, we will see bowlers like Moshin, Umran, etc. coming in to the team as well. 

Today, the amount of cricket played is so much that players need to be rotated. India is also developing a team by including next gen players. 

no inclusion of umran, moshin, etc. so far.

4 minutes ago, Vijy said:

no inclusion of umran, moshin, etc. so far.

Yeah, they should be in. 

IPL is of higher quality than these bilaterals because of a mix of top international players, talented domestic players playing in conditions suited to them, and so on 

Need to leverage on that information and form to pick best 11s 

IMO, Ind is not a strong team but its fans act as if it is the best team and therefore go into a meltdown mode when it loses (so it is a self created problem)

For me SA was always the favourite in this series (whitewashed Ind in tests and ODIs, and now seeking to beat Ind in T20s too)

Just now, zen said:

Yeah, they should be in. 

IPL is of higher quality than these bilaterals because of a mix of top international players, talented domestic players playing in conditions suited to them, and so on 

Need to leverage on that information and form to pick best 11s 

IMO, Ind is not a strong team but its fans act as if it is the best team and therefore go into a meltdown mode when it loses (so it is a self created problem)

For me SA was always the favourite in this series (whitewashed Ind in tests and ODIs, and now seeking to beat Ind in T20s too)

Ind has, for much of its history, been a very mid-level team in cricket. until early 70s, it was an out-and-out minnow. from early 70s to early 00s, it was truly mid-level with some peaks. then it improved somewhat from early 00s onward. I am speaking exclusively about tests so far.

somehow, people have delusions that Ind all time XI could compete with those of SA, Eng, WI, and Oz.

2 minutes ago, Vijy said:

Ind has, for much of its history, been a very mid-level team in cricket. until early 70s, it was an out-and-out minnow. from early 70s to early 00s, it was truly mid-level with some peaks. then it improved somewhat from early 00s onward. I am speaking exclusively about tests so far.

somehow, people have delusions that Ind all time XI could compete with those of SA, Eng, WI, and Oz.

This topic is on current LOIs … In tests, we relied on turners to mess out own cricket 

3 minutes ago, Vijy said:

we have found ways to mess LOIs too. by prioritizing overly defensive bowling on the one hand and vainglorious statpadders on the other.

Yeah, Ind lacks a sports culture and usually plays catch up … Most innovation is done by others - formats (tests, ODIs, t20s), red ball, white ball, pink ball, coloured clothing, drs, d&l, powerplays, and so on