Sarfaraz Khan

21 minutes ago, Trichromatic said:

RW group is getting riled up by the reception Sarfaraz got only because he is muslim even though religion was not the reason for that.

Comparing Sarfaraz with Hafeez Saeed. These people can stoop to any depth.

They are now going after Anand Mahindra now lol after he announced Thar for his Father. 

That Sinha guy gets at lest 20-30kgs gaalis daily but even he outdid himself y'day:phehe:

18 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

In that case, did you celebrate Undercutters debut and his many comebacks after being ridiculed by one and all?

For most people, I feel the it is less of a celebration of his debut but a celebration of his actual performance that could've been so much more but for the "tragic" run out.

If Unadkat's figures were 26-4-52-4 on debut and two easy catches were dropped off his bowling instead of the innocuous 26-4-100-0 that was the reality, we'd have felt differently about him.  

Plus, public loves a great storyline of a troubled child prodigy who may have redeemed himself with that dominant knock.

38 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

For most people, I feel the it is less of a celebration of his debut but a celebration of his actual performance that could've been so much more but for the "tragic" run out.

If Unadkat's figures were 26-4-52-4 on debut and two easy catches were dropped off his bowling instead of the innocuous 26-4-100-0 that was the reality, we'd have felt differently about him.  

Plus, public loves a great storyline of a troubled child prodigy who may have redeemed himself with that dominant knock.

yes, it's all about the redemption story. there was no such perceived arc for undercutter, who was always a toiling domestic performer with no disciplinary issues

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Sarfaraz is a good story. But I am still trying to get my head around the hype. There are many such stories in Indian cricket. IMHO his fitness is a big big issue. It's just totally unacceptable in modern age. And he ain't no inzamam. 

https://www.bcci.tv/bccilink/videos/YXGs2gxG

He's a polarizing figure whether he means for it or not, mainly due to the disciplinary and fitness issues. Some people feel strongly that, due to his fitness, he should not play regardless of runs scored. Others feel that his runs are all that counts, at least in tests. Either way, you want to look :-).

Personally, I was strongly in the former camp, but when he scored that 151 against the Lions I felt he deserved a shot. And so far, he has shown the goods at least more so than the other guy on whom I had much hope - Patidar. For the Indian team's sake, I hope Sarfaraz is really the next consistently successful batsman!

<<Added in edit: This hype reminds me of the Kambli days. I hope SNK has a better story!!>>

Edited by BacktoCricaddict
1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

He's a polarizing figure whether he means for it or not, mainly due to the disciplinary and fitness issues. Some people feel strongly that, due to his fitness, he should not play regardless of runs scored. Others feel that his runs are all that counts, at least in tests. Either way, you want to look :-).

Personally, I was strongly in the former camp, but when he scored that 151 against the Lions I felt he deserved a shot. And so far, he has shown the goods at least more so than the other guy on whom I had much hope - Patidar. For the Indian team's sake, I hope Sarfaraz is really the next consistently successful batsman!

<<Added in edit: This hype reminds me of the Kambli days. I hope SNK has a better story!!>>

I don't disagree with anything you mentioned. I am also in the camp that believes that fitness beyond a point doesn't have same role in cricket as football let say. Especially for batsman it's about hand eye coordination. But unless you are Gayle who will stand and deliver, there is no way you are going to survive in the modern game. And I am not saying Kohli level. Atleast Sharma. 

6 minutes ago, Serpico said:

Which means KL should sit on bench which will not happen. Wish he made that 100 in first innings 

He will be fine for next 2 tests.

But not sure when Kohli come back in the equation. KL is apparently undroppable. 
Sarfaraz need to break the door in the next test. A big daddy hundred will keep him in the mix.

1 minute ago, coffee_rules said:

Don’t know how Sarfaraz handles pace and bounce in Sena. Gill serves better there. Sarafaraz is no spring chicken with fitness issues! 

yes, pace and bounce could be sarfaraz's biggest undoing. On the other hand, he may do better than Gill vs swing (Gill is quite bad vs swing)

1 hour ago, Serpico said:

Which means KL should sit on bench which will not happen. Wish he made that 100 in first innings 

What is the exact batting position of Rahul.He was opener.He was than made wicket keeper who bats at no 5.

Now as Jaiswal has sealed opened position ,he cant open.

On how Jurel has kept and bat,it would not be as easy to drop him as they dropped Kishan.

Rahul had all the time to cement his place when Pujara,Rahane, Iyer were struggling  ,now it will not be easy for him to replaced Jaiswal, Sarfaraz, Jurel .

Virat will.take Patidar 's place when he is done with his " personal work". 

1 hour ago, maggot_brain said:

Did anyone notice what happened when Jaiswal got his 200?  Sarfaraz raised him arms too in celebration as he ran to the other end.  Proper team player.

Arrey, he was at the non-striker’s end. What else do you expect him to do? Nobody would trip him and make him fall down!  Even mundane stuff is being celebrated as something special!