Are we on verge of major breakthrough on Space exploration ?

ravishingravi

When it comes to science or astronomy , I am as informed as Dhruv Rathee is on anything. I don't follow it and it hasn't been my subject.

But lately this open discourse on UFOs followed by the latest images on James Webb has made me wonder if we are on to something. If thing are moving towards break through in terms of finding life outside this planet. The images are astounding.

We just got first images of black hole and now we have white hole. 

Well we see images of things that are from 13 or so billions of years ago, how do we know the images of things that we see still exist? Can we go back further and how much further back can we go with stronger telescope, plus the universe is always expanding. My tiny brain can't make sense of it tbh

15 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Well we see images of things that are from 13 or so billions of years ago, how do we know the images of things that we see still exist? Can we go back further and how much further back can we go with stronger telescope, plus the universe is always expanding. My tiny brain can't make sense of it tbh

What exists today, we will see after 13 or billion years, with current technology. Unless our understanding of physics drastically changes, it is impossible to crack the barrier. Maybe some aliens will find us by then

47 minutes ago, Vickydev said:

Can someone share a link or explain this to me ? Are we photographing stuff that doesn't exist ?

47 minutes ago, coffee_rules said:

What exists today, we will see after 13 or billion years, with current technology. Unless our understanding of physics drastically changes, it is impossible to crack the barrier. Maybe some aliens will find us by then

Didn't they already do so :flypig:

21 minutes ago, ravishingravi said:

Can someone share a link or explain this to me ? Are we photographing stuff that doesn't exist ?

Basically some of these things are 13 billion light years away (1ly = 9 trillion km, distance travelled by light in one year) . So assuming everything remains constant, the farthest we see occured billions of years ago. So I guess lots of things may not even exist now. 

Interesting thing is it's not constant, the universe is expanding, so how that affects what we see might be another small detail. Since the source is moving farther away, light would have had to travel further then it would have originally had to reach us. 

20 hours ago, Vickydev said:

Best way to explain it is if someone took photos of Earth from 65 million light years away, they would see dinosaurs walking the planet.

2 hours ago, Gambit said:

Best way to explain it is if someone took photos of Earth from 65 million light years away, they would see dinosaurs walking the planet.

Slightly more if the universe is expanding ??

Well lots of CIA documents are getting leaked...  So won't be surprised we come to see more of UFO stuff getting de classified. 

Hopefully Gregory Douglas exposes a few more in CIA.  

Recently he exposed CIA's hand in killing Homi Bhabha & Shastri in his conversations with ex CIA director of operations.