Recession is coming ?

Clarke

There’s a 98% chance of a global recession, research firm warns

Warning lights are flashing in the global economy as high inflation, drastic rate hikes and the war in Ukraine take their toll.

There is currently a 98.1% chance of a global recession, according to a probability model run by Ned Davis Research.

The only other times that recession model was this high has been during severe economic downturns, most recently in 2020 and during the global financial crisis of 2008 and 2009.

“This indicates that the risk of a severe global recession is rising for some time in 2023,” economists at Ned Davis Research wrote in a report last Friday.

https://edition.cnn.com/2022/09/28/economy/recession-global-economy

The oil cartel and its allies are considering an output cut of more than a million barrels per day, according to OPEC+ sources who spoke to Reuters.

“The OPEC ministers are not going to come to Austria for the first time in two years to do nothing. So there’s going to be a cut of some historic kind,” Dan Pickering, CIO of Pickering Energy Partners, said, referring to the group’s first in-person meeting since 2020. 

https://www.cnbc.com/2022/10/03/opec-oil-prices-could-soon-return-to-100-a-barrel-analysts-say.html

I would say 100 %. I say 100 % because it is already here. Came atleast 6 months back. While Biden govt was busy redefining it. Honestly, apart from India and Vietnam to some extent, things look very very bad. 

A war to no end, shortages, inflation and whatever is happening in China. 

3 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

I would say 100 %. I say 100 % because it is already here. Came atleast 6 months back. While Biden govt was busy redefining it. Honestly, apart from India and Vietnam to some extent, things look very very bad. 

A war to no end, shortages, inflation and whatever is happening in China. 

Job growth is still there and companies are still struggling to find resources. There is lot of labor shortage. It’s kind a different economic struggle but fed is trying to squeeze markets

The 30 year housing loan rate in the US has climbed to 7% now after languishing around 3 for many years. The Fed seems hell bent on crashing the markets with rapid rate increases. Don't know why these fvckers pumped up the same markets for well over a decade with measly interest rates..

9 minutes ago, nevada said:

The 30 year housing loan rate in the US has climbed to 7% now after languishing around 3 for many years. The Fed seems hell bent on crashing the markets with rapid rate increases. Don't know why these fvckers pumped up the same markets for well over a decade with measly interest rates..

To arrest inflation that rose after Covid and Ukraine. It was stagnant only because to boost real-estate and economy. I believe if interest rates are low, people will stop hoarding in banks and spend or invest more, which is good for economy 

10 hours ago, nevada said:

What's going on with the rupee? Will it ever bounce back to the 75 mark which itself was considered a lowly level not long ago?

Compared to other currencies Rupee is doing okay. It will bounce back. Long term learning for all nations is to reduce dollar dependency. 

While rest of West (UK EU Canada and so on) is feeling the pressure of Ukraine war but For the time being USA is biggest gainer as energy and arm export from US has skyrocketed.

I think the way developing countries trade is fundamentally changing. Weaponisation of SWIFT System against Russia has forced major economies to find out alternative and put that in place.

In long run, this fundamental shift if materialised is going to Hurt US economic interest very badly ..

On 10/5/2022 at 12:30 PM, ravishingravi said:

Fed has no choice but to increase interest rate. That's America for you. Let the world burn but we won't allow Iran and Venezuela to supply oil. World needs a strong China. 

Economics. Thats how it works. To check Inflation they have to raise interest rates. It impacts real estate market for sure but when spending goes down, aggregate demand lowers in the market causing prices to fall. Inflation goes down.