Why on earth Ashwin playing in IX?

gakgupta

8 minutes ago, Majestic said:

Why it doesn't make sense? Both the spinners have been average, Ashwin average with bowl and average with bat while Axar has been poor with bowl. So, better play Harshal.

No ons wanted harshal in wc squad abhi achanak se acha ho gaya ??  

What happened in yesterday game has no relevance to tomm game 

Harshal can play in place of ashwin but axar since axar batting potential is better

Ashwin 's first skill is also highly doubtful. With bat, he can score 7-8 runs but don't expect much. He has performed in this game vs Zimbabwe so will be persisted vs England.

Even harshal , chahal 1st skill is under great doubt ...isnt it ?? 

But we should drop Axar because out of our six bowlers, the two worst performers are Ashwin and Axar only. Pandya has done better than both and same for the three pacers although Bhuvi has just been the economical Kumar we know of him.

And what guarntee is that the next guy who cones will do better. He lost his place due to bad form.

Everyone thought hooda will serve better as compare to axar , he cudnt even touch the ball. (Although against a better bowling on perth pitch that logic made sense so key word is logic not reaction selection

Logic shudnt be past games 

It shud next opp and venue and if harshal, chahal has better chance the play them.  

Good Teams go through data to make picks, bad teams reactive calls which was kohli the captain's biggest downfall. 

In LOI every day is a new day 

Edited by Ankit_sharma03
2 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

hooda cudnt even touch high pace that game, anyone can fail but he cudnt even touch the ball 

shardul is in extra

if anyone it wud be chahal but take that call keeping matchups in mind , whoever has better matchup go for him

Pandya couldn't touch either. I don't think Hooda can be eliminated that way. Wood is the only high pace bowler they have.  Rest are all change of pace bowlers. He did take Moeen apart in England. Right now we need someone to take down Adil Rashid

Edited by vvvslaxman
16 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

No ons wanted harshal in wc squad abhi achanak se acha ho gaya ??  

What happened in yesterday game has no relevance to tomm game 

Harshal can play in place of ashwin but axar since axar batting potential is better

Even harshal , chahal 1st skill is under great doubt ...isnt it ?? 

And what guarntee is that the next guy who cones will do better. He lost his place due to bad form.

Everyone thought hooda will serve better as compare to axar , he cudnt even touch the ball. (Although against a better bowling on perth pitch that logic made sense so key word is logic not reaction selection

Logic shudnt be past games 

It shud next opp and venue and if harshal, chahal has better chance the play them.  

Good Teams go through data to make picks, bad teams reactive calls which was kohli the captain's biggest downfall. 

In LOI every day is a new day 

Our spinners are not contributing anything while the pacers are doing well. Ashwin had like 2-3 wickets before this Zimbabwe match and Axar has a total of 2-3 wickets in this tournament. Pacers have picked a lot more while Bhuvi has been Economical Kumar.

Hence, I would say it makes sense to play only one spinner and go with 4 pacers + Pandya.

Axar's batting in Australia is extremely poor, a poor man's Jadeja with bat. There has just not been enough impact with any of the two spinners while the pacers or medium pacers as I should say had more impact.

Harshal is the only one left in the squad who can bowl 3 overs and bat 8-10 balls so mentioning hum.

Also he can give a bit of support in death overs to Arshdeep as Bhuvi is one match away from a 15 run 19th over as he has shown in Asia Cup :phehe:

Edited by Majestic
10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Pandya couldn't touch either. I don't think Hooda can be eliminated that way. Wood is the only high pace bowler they have.  Rest are all change of pace bowlers. He did take Moeen apart in England. Right now we need someone to take down Adil Rashid

pandya problem is one length vs hooda problem are many as found in past too , its just not pace bounce ..............hooda runs have always come at top be it his best IPL and top 4 has no spot left. Hardik bats in his spot and struggles only while attacking's whereas hooda is not great even while surviving that pace on these pitches 

Right now adil rashid shud be least of our problem considering his poor form and Aussie tracks . Every team has access to these info so they ll use mark wood when hooda will come who anyways is batting out of his position 

5 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Hooda makes sense if he’s batting in the top order, or he’s being given an over or 2 to bowl, but neither is happening here lol

1 minute ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

pandya problem is one length vs hooda problem are many as found in past too , its just not pace bounce ..............hooda runs have always come at top be it his best IPL and top 4 has no spot left. Hardik bats in his spot and struggles only while attacking's whereas hooda is not great even while surviving that pace on these pitches 

Right now adil rashid shud be least of our problem considering his poor form and Aussie tracks . Every team has access to these info so they ll use mark wood when hooda will come who anyways is batting out of his position 

Good. one over will be wasted. He is still better than Axar who is a horrible fielder and a hopeless hitter.  Only reason you back Axar over Hooda is when he bowls well. His bowling is worse than that of  a part timer.

3 hours ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he already has changed two games with bat - pak and bang, if not for him we wud have coming back home

The problem is he is in the team for his bowling which at the moment is not good enough to warrant a place. Ideally should have bishnoi in the squad but Rohit dropped him after that Pakistan match for some reason no one knows. 

Edited by gattaca
10 hours ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

Fact 1: neither Ashwin nor Chahal are good  t20i spinners and both shouldn’t have been in the squad in the first place

Fact 2: Ashwin is 1000000X better than Chahal with the bat and ball (fielding about the same)

the sooner Indian cricket fans accept these statements the better

both shudnt matter 

IF a change has to be made it shud be by checking matchups, ground dimensions, pitch and weather conditions . Whoever comes better in that shud play

https://www.cricviz.com/how-to-beat-england/

2 minutes ago, QuarantineTormentino said:

Hooda makes sense if he’s batting in the top order, or he’s being given an over or 2 to bowl, but neither is happening here lol

If there is any early collapse he can be sent up the order. Pandya looks totally out of depth when it comes to finishing. To be fair Ashwin looks more fluent than pandya. That is not a compliment to Ashwin. Pandya is that bad.  Basically our batting stops at 4.

10 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

Good. one over will be wasted. He is still better than Axar who is a horrible fielder and a hopeless hitter.  Only reason you back Axar over Hooda is when he bowls well. His bowling is worse than that of  a part timer.

he is a better batter then axar not better bowler 

All a batsman need is one ball to get out and considering hooda problem his chances are very high, i wont take that chance for one over 

FganjNRUoAEqXjx?format=jpg&name=medium

Atleast axar gives me an advantage of stopping of their right handers

IF england has 4 lefties they also have 4 righties .............ideally both kind of spin is the right way always . Axar can bowl in PP too and both openers are right handers 

Considering Adeilade is a flat pitch and any bowler can have a bad day ill have a better bowler as cushion then better batsman (Who anyways is batting out of position )

Just now, gattaca said:

One of the Seam bowler can have a bad day then it will look worse when you have axar and ashwin playing. Ashwin needs spinning wicket to bowl well. 

how did that change what I said..

He's been batting well so atleast contributing in one field. Axar can be replaced

9 minutes ago, Ankit_sharma03 said:

he is a better batter then axar not better bowler 

All a batsman need is one ball to get out and considering hooda problem his chances are very high, i wont take that chance for one over 

FganjNRUoAEqXjx?format=jpg&name=medium

Atleast axar gives me an advantage of stopping of their right handers

IF england has 4 lefties they also have 4 righties .............ideally both kind of spin is the right way always . Axar can bowl in PP too and both openers are right handers 

Considering Adeilade is a flat pitch and any bowler can have a bad day ill have a better bowler as cushion then better batsman (Who anyways is batting out of position )

I think it comes down to what type of spinners. Axar is a darter. He doesn't even attempt to turn the ball.  That is why he is getting canned by both right handers and left handers.

8 hours ago, gakgupta said:

I am big fan of dravid but starting hating him.

Why in yuz chahal not playing and ashin playing??

Ashwin is probably the worst bowler in this tournament. Even getting into the tournament, we all know ashwin is not good enough to be in playing 11 .

Forget about playing for India but he wouldn't find a place in any IPL team.

Sorry dravid...pls try to understand the difference between tets matches and T20s

I feel compelled to opine on the topic here,

but before that

IX = Nine

XI = Eleven.

Quidquid Latine Dictum Sit, Altum Videtur