Ramiz Raja’s comments post India vs England

badmash

Speaking to reporters after arriving in Australia, the PCB chief said: “Billion dollar ki industry waali teams peeche rah gayi hai aur hum upar niukal gaye hai (Teams with billion dollar leagues are falling behind us). We are doing something right.”

I agree with his point, what do you guys think ? 

Revelling in false sense of hopes. They wouldn’t be in the semis if not for RSA routine choke. Having said that, full credit to them for showing up in the semis, but nothing shouldn’t be taken on it’s face value there’s more to it than it meets the eye. After all both teams lost similar number of games, albeit in different stage :p:

Similarly, Indian board shouldn’t be content with “at least we made it to semis” before they sit to dissect T20 WC (that is, if they plan on improving).

Ramiz also said we must be doing something right which is 100% correct.  Kudos to PCB for bringing right people in the set up.  They don't have resources like BCCI but by bringing efficient people they are doing great job. 

You can't expect them to be world class when it comes to Test cricket but their focus & progress in LOIs is admirable. 

PCB>>>BCCI in terms of professionalism in cricket related issues.  Maybe sarkari pressure is the result of it...  As they don't have other sports to improve. 

16 minutes ago, badmash said:

Speaking to reporters after arriving in Australia, the PCB chief said: “Billion dollar ki industry waali teams peeche rah gayi hai aur hum upar niukal gaye hai (Teams with billion dollar leagues are falling behind us). We are doing something right.”

After Netherlands victory over SA he sd kudrat ka Nizam, now all of a sudden we are doing something right? Well one thing I give credit to Pakistanis is their love for pace and promoting bowlers with pace in the system.

Rest you guys are nothing.

Zilch, Zero, Anda !

18 minutes ago, badmash said:

Raja sahab is right, they took right steps by ditching the oldies like Shoaib Malik, Nasir Jamshed, Umar Akmal, Junaid Khan, Wahab Riaz, Ahmed Shehzad, Ehsan Adil, Hafeez etc.
I wrote that Morgan who played U-19 in 2006 has retired, and here likes of Sharma and Dhawan are still waiting for a farewell series after the ODI WC.

Like Pakistan trust their young pacers, I wish India had trusted on their young fast bowlers as well.

4 hours ago, Lone Wolf said:

Ramiz also said we must be doing something right which is 100% correct.  Kudos to PCB for bringing right people in the set up.  They don't have resources like BCCI but by bringing efficient people they are doing great job. 

You can't expect them to be world class when it comes to Test cricket but their focus & progress in LOIs is admirable. 

PCB>>>BCCI in terms of professionalism in cricket related issues.  Maybe sarkari pressure is the result of it...  As they don't have other sports to improve. 

They are. This is a point I made after the last World Cup in a thread and it wasn't taken seriously. They have a clear idea what types of players they want to select and then select their best players for those roles. 

3 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Guys this guy is at roll. Went missing since they lost to India. He is coming back and creating troll threads one after another. MODs either you combine these threads or just delete it instead of letting him spam 

Bhai im just posting facts… this is what Ramiz raja said after the game :dontknow: :phehe:

13 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

They are. This is a point I made after the last World Cup in a thread and it wasn't taken seriously. They have a clear idea what types of players they want to select and then select their best players for those roles. 

Stop hyping them lol. They got creamed by Srilanka convincingly 2 times in a row at their virtual home ground. They are just a hit or miss team with lots of luck.

Edited by Number
13 minutes ago, vvvslaxman said:

Bouncy pitch. Got lost in both matches. So their run is the flukiest in world T20 history

They have a very good bowling attack. Shadab probably best spinner after Rashid in game, Shaheen very good with the new ball. Rauf is good too but other than these they lack in so many areas that saying they are close to England or Aus in this format is a pure hyperbole. Although I'd say on any given day anything can happen.

Edited by Number
33 minutes ago, Number said:

Stop hyping them lol. They got creamed by Srilanka convincingly 2 times in a row at their virtual home ground. They are just a hit or miss team with lots of luck.

Not hyping them. Just pointing out that they are making almost optimum use of their resources while we aren't. 

We are doing it wrong it doesnt mean they are doing it right too..
Before the tournament started..I was comsidering Pak very well balanced side comparing to India..however they coukd only make semis primarily due to Netherlands..

even they tried Mohd Haris assuming they are out..

they dragged Not fully fit Shaheen Afridi and risked him..

they are very lucky to have Shadab as an excellent allrounder to be honest which gives good balance and freedom to them..

in all Ramiz Raza ki soch hi choti hai..if I were him..I wid think of competing modern sides like England..Aus..NZ..and not outdated one like India..

9 minutes ago, asterix said:

Sabka Saath… Sabka Vikaas… We believe in providing all sorts of help to downtrodden and those who are left outs & are going through some  horrible economic conditions. So that they feel motivated and happy… :nice:

Are bhai, apna vikaas kab hoga? Idhar ham tadap rahe hai, aur baaki sab ko ICC trophies gift kar rahe hai....Modiji kabhi apnon ke baare mein bhi sochiye.

Aakhir kab tak?

PM Modi Upset With Beef Comments, Amit Shah Pulls up Leaders: Sources