Loving Hardik Pandya's captaincy!

zen

3 minutes ago, putrevus said:

He for most part of his career has always chosen easy way out. Never bothered to improve his skills in test cricket. For some reason he has been rewarded and given chances which are not given to many players.

yes has been a mediocre career considering the hype.

26 minutes ago, Lord said:

yes has been a mediocre career considering the hype.

I am all for young players getting chances but they also need to show improvement.

This guy has done nothing to deserve the hype he is getting and people are making him default whiteball captain  .What has he done to become captain. 

He has never been the best player on any team and always has done the most easiest things rather than leading from the front.

Dhoni, Rohit, Kohli or Pandya it shouldn't matter who is appointed captain, as long as they don't run a complete fiefdom.

Anaconda, Vadapav, Kulcha or Chhapri are not wizards who can magically win games unless the rest of the team actually step up & perform.

Despite their individual shortcomings there is only so much one person can do across multiple games in a team sport.

Of course when it comes to personality cults and their camps we fans (myself included) are prone to drawing and quartering these players(and others) for their performances or lack thereof. And that shall continue, one day the Vadapav camp will rejoice and the next it may be the Chhapri camp.

Chuckte Raho

TC

Edited by Throwaib_Chuckter

The player of the match, Yashasvi Jaiswal: "Of course [international cricket] is not easy but I just love to go out and enjoy myself. I would love to thank Hardik bhai and the support staff, the way they have spoken it really had an impact."

I supported the idea of him being the captain only because the other option was KL Rahul. But it is turning out to be a failed experiment.

He has no vision of team building, millions of players are being tried every series and getting dropped. 

He has no seriousness as a captain, random batting order changes, random bowling changes. There doesn't seem to be any coherent thinking behind his decisions. Although I never expected him to be a thoughtful captain but what is on display is worse than one can imagine an international captain to be. Also his batting such big failure that it is better he is asked to work on it rather than thinking of captaincy. 

1 hour ago, Number said:

I supported the idea of him being the captain only because the other option was KL Rahul. But it is turning out to be a failed experiment.

He has no vision of team building, millions of players are being tried every series and getting dropped. 

He has no seriousness as a captain, random batting order changes, random bowling changes. There doesn't seem to be any coherent thinking behind his decisions. Although I never expected him to be a thoughtful captain but what is on display is worse than one can imagine an international captain to be. Also his batting such big failure that it is better he is asked to work on it rather than thinking of captaincy. 

he can't improve it, as it's beyond fixing.

26 minutes ago, urbestfriend said:

series decider is not your time for challenging..

then what is the time to practice for an important must-win pressure game where India loses the toss and has to bat first (like in 2021 v Pak and NZ, 2022 SF, ...)? 

A series decider game is for that! ... Once a new series begins, not many will even recall this series.