Ra Ga makes thunderous entry into J&K greeted with large crowds on a rainy morning

Lone Wolf

1 hour ago, diga said:

He is staring at 2 years of disqualification along with other sentence...  BJP will be worried about losing their star campaigner :p:

Appeals will protect him. This seems like retribution from Amit Shah for his nakabandi judgement during UPA rule. What goes around, comes around 

Edited by coffee_rules

3 hours ago, Texan said:

But on a serious note, I think the punishment is excessive. I mean I think RaGa should be punished but that should be in the National Herald case, not this one. This is just going to help him gain more sympathy.

Conviction or Disqualification? Disqualification was automatically done  due to his own tearing of ordinance and passing the bill that made disqualification mandatory for convicted/ jailed politicians, even if they are bail. 

Conviction was because RaGa lawyers didn’t take the case seriously. Their own pair and their own kulhadi 

1 hour ago, coffee_rules said:

Conviction was because RaGa lawyers didn’t take the case seriously. Their own pair and their own kulhadi

Conviction. Excessive punishment for what he said. Even if lawyers didn't take it seriously, the punishment is way too high for the offense. 

4 hours ago, Texan said:

Conviction. Excessive punishment for what he said. Even if lawyers didn't take it seriously, the punishment is way too high for the offense. 

Courts were pliable in UPA, it is. Now. Read it as redtribution from 2002

Edited by coffee_rules

5 hours ago, Texan said:

Absolutely no idea. But discrimination on caste/surname is one serious matter in our country. So one shouldn't even make jokes on the names.

Rahul could have apologized and closed the matter earlier, but he and his team are plain stupid.

12 hours ago, Texan said:

But on a serious note, I think the punishment is excessive. I mean I think RaGa should be punished but that should be in the National Herald case, not this one. This is just going to help him gain more sympathy.

BJP is overdoing it these days. There was absolutely no need to give this punishment to Rahul. Whatever he said maybe was poor but it didnt deserve 2 years jail time..lol. A lot worse thing was said by BJP leaders as well.

It can be a self goal by BJP as well as this will only increase the popularity of Rahul Gandhi.

8 minutes ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

BJP is overdoing it these days. There was absolutely no need to give this punishment to Rahul. Whatever he said maybe was poor but it didnt deserve 2 years jail time..lol. A lot worse thing was said by BJP leaders as well.

It can be a self goal by BJP as well as this will only increase the popularity of Rahul Gandhi.

BJP didn’t punish RG. Just to be clear. His lawyers dropped the ball. 

12 hours ago, Texan said:

BJP doesn't determine punishment, the judiciary does.

This Pappu slurred an entire caste and a random no name politician from Gujarat filed a case against him. He is reaping what he is sowing. 

4 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Judges are appointed by a collegium in India , not by the executive/government as is done in the west. The judge could have ruled it in any way. Look at all the rulings due to SC/ST act . Even innocent UCs are convicted You can’t abuse caste in public , esp lower, in India and get away with it

23 minutes ago, Moochad said:

BJP doesn't determine punishment, the judiciary does.

This Pappu slurred an entire caste and a random no name politician from Gujarat filed a case against him. He is reaping what he is sowing. 

Did I say BJP did? It was an individual who filed the case. In fact, this is a big blow for BJP. Without star campaigner RaGa, their chances are diminished. But because of this outlandishly excessive punishment, RaGa will gain more sympathy, similar to how Indira Gandhi garnered sympathy in 1980. 

15 minutes ago, Texan said:

Did I say BJP did? It was an individual who filed the case. In fact, this is a big blow for BJP. Without star campaigner RaGa, their chances are diminished. But because of this outlandishly excessive punishment, RaGa will gain more sympathy, similar to how Indira Gandhi garnered sympathy in 1980. 

If you agree that BJP had no role in the 2 year conviction, then what sympathy? Voters are going to punish BJP for what the judiciary did?

Even if BJP had a role, if voters are silly enough to feel sympathy for Pappu after this, then India deserves him as PM. The last 8 years BJP supporters have been demanding that Modi take action against him and his corrupt family, now he gets a minor slap on the wrist, and now there is worry about a sympathy wave? 

Congress could have got the conviction stayed in a matter of minutes. Just like they did with Pawan Khera arrest. They still have good hold over judiciary. But they chose not to.

It plays into their hands with RR of death of democracy.

Edited by Number