Earthquake in Turkey

coffee_rules

RIP. This is so devastating.

Science needs to contribute lot more here on earth rather than dreaming about 4300 LY away. We need to devise a global plan to cover the entire earth so that these events could be predicted, at least to get some lead time to save lives.

5 hours ago, dial_100 said:

RIP. This is so devastating.

Science needs to contribute lot more here on earth rather than dreaming about 4300 LY away. We need to devise a global plan to cover the entire earth so that these events could be predicted, at least to get some lead time to save lives.

Sad... I read somewhere that the seismic activity prior to the quake had predicted massive shocks 2 -3 days later and it happened. Seems the govt did not take it seriously

3 hours ago, SM2907 said:

werent they blabbering their mouths on Kashmir??

Despite India taking the moral high ground.. it still gets trashed and hated by the West and Muslim Ummah regardless. Modi is hellbent on positive PR image building but all this doesn't help unless there is a cast iron guarantee that Turkey wont make inflammatory statements on Kashmir to support pakistan... crores of tax payers money spent to sending aid to Turkey but later they return to their habits.. is it morally right?  Best to send thoughts and prayers and let the Muslim Ummah help their brothers. 

During the devastating Kedarnath floods, how many Muslim countries sent aid? 

7 minutes ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Despite India taking the moral high ground.. it still gets trashed and hated by the West and Muslim Ummah regardless. Modi is hellbent on positive PR image building but all this doesn't help unless there is a cast iron guarantee that Turkey wont make inflammatory statements on Kashmir to support pakistan... crores of tax payers money spent to sending aid to Turkey but later they return to their habits.. is it morally right?  Best to send thoughts and prayers and let the Muslim Ummah help their brothers. 

Agree with you largely although PR is also good for business interests (indian exports)...

foreign policy of turkey may not be constant forever although we should not count on it to change ...

Elections are due for may/June, Erdogan may lose, this is what I think even US would like..

14 hours ago, Under_Score said:

Very sad...RIP

Reminds me of 2001 earthquake scene from Ahmedabad. I was in a auto and was going through Muslim dominated Kalupura region towardas Sabarmati bridge and suddenly I saw building falling down and people running in all directions. I wasnt aware that earthquake has hit and started cursing Modi government only later to realise that building were shaking in Hindu areas too

24 minutes ago, Under_Score said:

What country leaders say has nothing to do with ordinary people who die like this. For example no decent human being is feeling sorry for Musharraf. 

it builds a sentiment amongst ordinary people..e.g paxtan.

he is being hailed a hero by many on the other side. those may be the indecent ones

7 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

Bhai, in some situations, you just help with no strings attached because it is the right thing to help common people regardless of who they are.  You respond when humanity calls. 

10 minutes ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Bhai, in some situations, you just help with no strings attached because it is the right thing to help common people regardless of who they are.  You respond when humanity calls. 

Just how like the world came running to support the humanity call of Kashmiri Pandits :wp120:

1 hour ago, BacktoCricaddict said:

Two wrongs don't make ... you know the rest.

Yes, am naive. I get it. But, IMO, some things are above tit-for-tat politics.

This one sided humanity is the reason we got invaded and conquered by barbaric invaders. It’s high time we give two fingers to this so called one sided humanity and let the ummah look after themselves.

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

This one sided humanity is the reason we got invaded and conquered by barbaric invaders. It’s high time we give two fingers to this so called one sided humanity and let the ummah look after themselves.

Well humanity aside, this is a smart diplomatic move. Imagine how difficult we make for Erdogan now to make anti India statements. By being gracious we show them the mirror. 

And to be honest Erdogan has toned down against India. They have more business interests in India. 

I think we as a nation are responding very firmly wherever needed against anyone who is acting against us. We arent the same gullible, fool nation anymore. We can give bamboo if needed. But our support should be unconditional, even to our enemies.

India is the last country who should ever forget humanity. We just cannot. We should support both Turkey and Syria as much possible, at a national level as well as at an individual levels. Good deeds never go in vain because it at least achieve objective of humanity if not more.