Am I the only one reluctant to watch India when KL is in the playing XI ? Averages less than 35 in 45 tests. Is he Brijesh Patel’s karnataka quota guy ?

Just now, putrevus said:

What did Rahul  do in whiteball cricket, why was he kept on opening even he stunk for whole world t20 for two straight cups.Why is he getting picked in all formats

Not defending Kohli's selection but don't use his selection to justify this bozo's selection in all formats.

Only that he was mismanaged for some time before 2019 when he lost his red ball form too. Rahul is keeping his place only on the basis of promise, not what he achieved which is not that big a body of work for a 30 yr old. 

2 minutes ago, putrevus said:

What did Rahul  do in whiteball cricket, why was he kept as an opener evenwhen  he stunk for whole world t20 for two straight cups.Why is he getting picked in all formats

Not defending Kohli's selection but don't use his selection to justify this bozo's selection in all formats.

I am only talking about Tests. Nowhere I said he did well in white ball or he should be selected there.

Don't mix formats.

11 minutes ago, rollingstoned said:

Only that he was mismanaged for some time before 2019 when he lost his red ball form too. Rahul is keeping his place only on the basis of promise, not what he achieved which is not that big a body of work for a 30 yr old. 

How was he mismanaged before 2019.He stunk in test cricket for two years in SA, England, India and then Australia before he was kicked out by Mayank's debut in Melbourne.

He has played over 48 tests and averages under 34.His SR in t20s is coming down every year since 2018. There is limit for chances any player can get.Even in form he never has ability to last for whole series.He is at best one inning wonder.

3 minutes ago, Lord said:

yeah

but I was talking of Tests only. Kohli deserves to go before him in Tests.

I don't think so, Kohli performed in past at ATG level in tests where as this guy has stunk in all format including tests. So no he does not deserve to go after Kohli even in tests.

BTW both of them have to go in tests ,

Edited by putrevus
9 hours ago, putrevus said:

How was he mismanaged before 2019.He stunk in test cricket for two years in SA, England, India and then Australia before he was kicked out by Mayank's debut in Melbourne.

He has played over 48 tests and averages under 34.His SR in t20s is coming down every year since 2018. There is limit for chances any player can get.Even in form he never has ability to last for whole series.He is at best one inning wonder.

Well they kept saying that he is not being given a proper chance in any 1 position 4-5 yrs back. And then he has had to reboot his white ball game after failing in red ball cricket. Then he was shoehorned as a finisher in odis and then he was made to open. Then he suddenly again became a red ball opener. 

I'm not saying I agree but signs are that successive captains and TM have seen something in him even if he has not justified it but being made to change your game very often can mess it up. He is not an effective all format batsman for now.

33 minutes ago, Texan said:

Torture continues. KL better get a double hundred in this game for all the opportunities provided to him. Or go and start a movie career. 

I don't care if he gets opportunities when there are nobody waiting. But here we have Shubman Gill who has come of age finally at the internaional level. We are benching him for this guy.

11 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

I don't care if he gets opportunities when there are nobody waiting. But here we have Shubman Gill who has come of age finally at the internaional level. We are benching him for this guy.

yes, for the "great" kela. he is marginally better than chetan chauhan, who was a very limited bat. even just from Ind, I can name 50 batters better than kela that I've seen. heck, domestic stalwarts like sugwekar, KB Pillai, s sharath, etc. looked better than him