Aakash Chopra's 2 suggestions for the next IPL

sage

Edited by Austin 3:!6

8 hours ago, kosingh said:

I prefer net run rate.

In what Aakash Chopra is proposing a record like [W (with bonus), W (with bonus), L, L, L ]  is as good as [W (without bonus), W (without bonus), W (without bonus), L, L]?

Yes, that is stupid. 

A win should always be greater than a loss. You can use big margin wins for tie breakers, but a big margin win can never compensate for more losses.

The NRR system works just fine

1 minute ago, Jay said:

I have 2 suggestions. 

1) akash should be banned from commentary. Actually banned from just opening his mouth to talk.

2) take harsha bhosidke as well with you and f off for good.

Then we are going to be left with Anjum Chopra and Deep Das Gupta. 

i agree with the second point.

Even the last day of thru EPL, all football matches are on at the SAME time which prevents team from changing strategy or susceptible to lose on purpose if they know another teams score. This is true of all the final group games of football WC as well.

MI and RCB should have played at the same time and would have resulted in Kohli being more urgent in his scoring as he wouldnt have known if MI would win or lose

and to add- i am sure Jio can have have more than 1 channel showing the simultaneous games- so viewers can flick between the two and watch both if needs be.

If in the distant future the IPL will be a 6/7 month affair then you cant play one game every day- it has to be played during weekends with simultaneous games on multiple channels so viewers can chose which match they want to follow. You cant force a delhi fan to watch a KKR and CSK match if they dont want to.

2 hours ago, LordPrabhzy said:

and to add- i am sure Jio can have have more than 1 channel showing the simultaneous games- so viewers can flick between the two and watch both if needs be.

If in the distant future the IPL will be a 6/7 month affair then you cant play one game every day- it has to be played during weekends with simultaneous games on multiple channels so viewers can chose which match they want to follow. You cant force a delhi fan to watch a KKR and CSK match if they dont want to.

Do they exist ?

My two cents for Next IPL

1. Create pacer friendly Pitches- green pitches so that genuinely good batsman succeed. Are you looking for SLOGGERS as SLOGGERS can beat a good batsman on batting friendly Patta's. on such IPL Pitches ,many batsman look as good as Virat kohli. even a SHivam DUBEY or a vijay shankar plays equally good on such flat pitches. 

2 benefits with this- A> good batsman will succeed and improve as he has to score fast on a green friendly pitch. b>Pace bowlers will improve and this will benefit India immensely.

No use of Patta's as pacers don't improve and average batsman look as deadly talent.

Good second suggestion

Another suggestion is to extend impact player rule to O/S as long as one going out is also O/S.

Also allow atleast one bowling change in middle of the over. Sort of a stop loss if one bowler is leaking