Upcoming crop of Indian Batsmen looks Ominous!

2 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

i.e. till we see them against International teams and realize all of them were mediocre at best and our IPL bowlers are crap

Most of them took apart international bowlers

Why Maxwell and Brook failed?does that mean IPL bowling >international bowling?

They will surely have their share failures in internationals we have to cope with it till the time they come to their own

IPL is closest to international quality where we get to see who can play for India

Even if two out of them clicks that will be it

At this point, it is safe to say that Shaw is out of contention. But the others sure are viable prospects.

IPL may not be the perfect measure of success in T20is and ODIs, but it is better than some of the other tourneys like SMA and Hazare trophies.  Guys like Gill, Jaiswal, Gaikwad, Rinku, Varma have put up consistently good performances against international bowlers.  Guys like Rinku have shown great mental toughness. 

Key word:  Consistency.  Unlike Paul Valthaty scoring one hundred and doing nothing thereafter, these guys have done it over and over again.   

India has many batsmen lined up but the issue is we don not have a pace allrounder.  Hardik Pandya seemed like he could fit the tag of pace all rounder but he hardly bowled after surgery. I dont think he has played more than 15 tests in 5 years or so. How many overs did he bowl this IPL. Did he complete full quota of 4 overs even in IPL match. Are there any good pace allrounders in domestic cricket or is Jadeja is the only all rounder we have who can actually bat and bowl a lot.

19 hours ago, Suhaan said:

Most of them took apart international bowlers

Why Maxwell and Brook failed?does that mean IPL bowling >international bowling?

They will surely have their share failures in internationals we have to cope with it till the time they come to their own

IPL is closest to international quality where we get to see who can play for India

Even if two out of them clicks that will be it

Sky is the only recent one i can think of who is settled in white ball team. Sanju is close but he has been close for almost a decade now.  

8 hours ago, jf1gp_1 said:

Sky is the only recent one i can think of who is settled in white ball team. Sanju is close but he has been close for almost a decade now.  

At this point Sky is only a T20 player. He has been below average in ODI and his domestic record is very poor as well. Nothing surprising though. His style suits T20 but to do it through middle overs in ODI needs better shot selection and temperament without compromising on SR which Sky is yet to demonstrate. 

On 5/27/2023 at 8:14 PM, crictime said:

India has many batsmen lined up but the issue is we don not have a pace allrounder.  Hardik Pandya seemed like he could fit the tag of pace all rounder but he hardly bowled after surgery. I dont think he has played more than 15 tests in 5 years or so. How many overs did he bowl this IPL. Did he complete full quota of 4 overs even in IPL match. Are there any good pace allrounders in domestic cricket or is Jadeja is the only all rounder we have who can actually bat and bowl a lot.

Raj Bawa is the leading all-rounder, good pace+ good batting ability. 

Manishankar Murasingh is also there but he is from Tripura and already 30 year old...so it may happen that he may turn out as another Rishi Dhawan.

Then we have bowlers who can bat a bit...Hangargekar, Yudhvir, Arjun, Nagarkoti etc...they are primary bowlers who can slog 30-40 runs on good days. 

not all of them look so good to me.

looking at those < 26 yr of age

Jaiswal (all formats)

pant (all formats)

sundar the glass man (tests and maybe ODIs if glass body holds up)

gill (only LOIs)

tilak (T20s and maybe ODIs)

others like gaikwad and rinku do not convince me yet

On 5/29/2023 at 1:30 AM, singhvivek141 said:

Raj Bawa is the leading all-rounder, good pace+ good batting ability. 

Manishankar Murasingh is also there but he is from Tripura and already 30 year old...so it may happen that he may turn out as another Rishi Dhawan.

Then we have bowlers who can bat a bit...Hangargekar, Yudhvir, Arjun, Nagarkoti etc...they are primary bowlers who can slog 30-40 runs on good days. 

raj bawa is very good indeed, in both disciplines. in ODIs, glass man sundar can be genuine AR. has the capacity to bat in top 6 and can bowl 7-8 overs easily