Padosi Forum closing down due to rising costs

Austin 3:!6

15 hours ago, dial_100 said:

After few mentions of that forum here, I had once visited there. This was way long ago. They were talking about khatmal better than Dhoni or Kohli??? I dont remember exactly who. I was like ok, I can only take so much $hit in life. I had it all reading on that same day in few posts. 

didn't you read the legendary thread of how mohd zahid used to bowl in the 160-170 kph range regularly prior to injury?

9 hours ago, Vijy said:

didn't you read the legendary thread of how mohd zahid used to bowl in the 160-170 kph range regularly prior to injury?

I was back home during my semester break. Broadcast of cricket matches those not involving India was still new (this is late 90s). Started watching a game between Aussies and Pakistan. Remember the game cause Taylor got a 300+ and talk was about him retiring and steve waugh taking over. Anyways that match pakistan had put in two young fast bowlers one of them was Zahid. On a 23inch crt tv everyone except Indians looked quick but even then Akhtar came across a better bowler. 

The history of Pakpassion is the history of Pakistan. 

1. Both created and run by British Pakistanis.

2. Owners / maliks have little to no connection to or empathy with the local populace. Which they both, in all likeliness, cordially detest.  

3.  Both intended to celebrate the dawn of a new age where Pakistanis could live with izzat and ghairat.  However the owners themselves would rather live in England than Karachi, New York than Isloo. 

4. Then in the middle of “this vibrant mess”, to put it politely, a group of Rambo styled warlords, calling themselves the Pakistani Army, came along and shut them both down. Sabki phat gayi. 

5. Now they’re both lookong for handouts, even as their finances evaporate. 

6.  Multiple scams are being peddled even as all systems shut down.  At the end no one knows who’s scamming whom. 

7.  Meanwhile both are getting trolled by their ugly malnourished eastern neighbours - that’s me and you- who incredibly, unfairly seem to keep chugging along somehow.  

1 hour ago, NameGoesHere said:

The history of Pakpassion is the history of Pakistan. 

1. Both created and run by British Pakistanis.

2. Owners / maliks have little to no connection to or empathy with the local populace. Which they both, in all likeliness, cordially detest.  

3.  Both intended to celebrate the dawn of a new age where Pakistanis could live with izzat and ghairat.  However the owners themselves would rather live in England than Karachi, New York than Isloo. 

4. Then in the middle of “this vibrant mess”, to put it politely, a group of Rambo styled warlords, calling themselves the Pakistani Army, came along and shut them both down. Sabki phat gayi. 

5. Now they’re both lookong for handouts, even as their finances evaporate. 

6.  Multiple scams are being peddled even as all systems shut down.  At the end no one knows who’s scamming whom. 

7.  Meanwhile both are getting trolled by their ugly malnourished eastern neighbours - that’s me and you- who incredibly, unfairly seem to keep chugging along somehow.  

How did the army get involved ? And why in this little website ?

12 hours ago, ravishingravi said:

Theres are reports of various Pakistan focused forum owners / mods being threatened by PA and/ or their minions after Imran Khan’s almost year long protest movement.  Most of the forums, or at least popular opinion on them, have tended to be very pro Imran and  anti-government and anti PA in nature. To the point of virulently abusing the Pakistani army.  So there is a perception that PA has taken some of these online forums to task.  Don’t know if true, I was just riffing on it. 

On 7/30/2023 at 6:36 PM, ravishingravi said:

PP, like most Pakistani forums, is effectively a platform for army propaganda. In exchange for this, the owners were given access to Pakistani cricket circles plus some halwa puri to maintain the forum. The forum cannot sustain as a media entity alone. 

The owners + admin knew the drill, the posters didn't. During the May 9 riots, a lot of anti-Pak army content was posted on the forum and things went out of line and control for a bit. 

This down time serves as a final warning to the owners + forum sanitation drive.

21 hours ago, bsriharsha said:

Imagine the pak establishment being so idiotic to focus their energy on idiotic cricket forums 

It's a propaganda platform, cricket is side business. Pak establishment is very sensitive to narrative control. Any Pakistani stepping out of line will be severely dealt with.

A lot of Brit-Pakistanis still have relatives, assets back home and they get leveraged that way.

2 hours ago, jalebi_bhai said:

It's a propaganda platform, cricket is side business. Pak establishment is very sensitive to narrative control. Any Pakistani stepping out of line will be severely dealt with.

A lot of Brit-Pakistanis still have relatives, assets back home and they get leveraged that way.

And here some people call our govt fascist !!

On 8/2/2023 at 4:52 PM, jalebi_bhai said:

It's a propaganda platform, cricket is side business. Pak establishment is very sensitive to narrative control.

What narrative have they controlled so far ? Everyone knows that Pak establishment is retarded. Imagine being so *ed that you've got to worry about what 20-30 posters post about Pakistan ? No wonder their country is *ed.

Rumour has it that they are going to axe the time pass forum using some excuse of bandwith and hosting costs and only keep a cricket forum going. For now its up.

Even if they do keep it up, non cricket forums will be heavily moderated 

8 hours ago, G_B_ said:

Rumour has it that they are going to axe the time pass forum using some excuse of bandwith and hosting costs and only keep a cricket forum going. For now its up.

Even if they do keep it up, non cricket forums will be heavily moderated 

they seem to be keen on controlling the narrative tightly, under the excuse of bandwidth, power, etc

4 hours ago, Bublu Bhuyan said:

Their current traffic ism not even 5% of what it was before.

Most posters probably won't know that its back. This is what happens when you break the continuity....once it goes, takes time to get the rhythm back. Only Admins and few posters are posting there for now. All the regular posters like joshila, his best friend BVB :phehe:, Mamoon, Ab_Fan etc are missing.

ICF has way better traffic than them :two_thumbs_up:

14 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

Most posters probably won't know that its back. This is what happens when you break the continuity....once it goes, takes time to get the rhythm back. Only Admins and few posters are posting there for now. All the regular posters like joshila, his best friend BVB :phehe:, Mamoon, Ab_Fan etc are missing.

ICF has way better traffic than them :two_thumbs_up:

As it should. better forums deserve better traffic