11 vs Pak: Given Iyer just coming back and KL out

Sooda

1 hour ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I was thinking about this a bit yesterday and a thought came into my mind. How about we rest/drop Subhman Gill and open with Kishan? It will make the team much more balanced.

Kishan(wk)

Rohit

Kohli

Shreyas

Pandya

SKY

Jadeja

Axar

Kuldeep

Siraj

Bumrah

I see the temptation to deepen the batting as much as possible, but I'd go with Shami over Axar Patel. 3 spinners seems too many and Shami can lop off the batting order with a few quick wkts. and compensate for whatever batting Axar provides. And give me Tilak Varma over SKY.  Am the biggest SKY fan, but he really has a lot to prove in ODIs. Plus a LHB in the MO would be nice.

2 hours ago, Austin 3:!6 said:

I was thinking about this a bit yesterday and a thought came into my mind. How about we rest/drop Subhman Gill and open with Kishan? It will make the team much more balanced.

Kishan(wk)

Rohit

Kohli

Shreyas

Pandya

SKY

Jadeja

Axar

Kuldeep

Siraj

Bumrah

In practice they pair up 2 batsmen and ask them to bat together.   IN that exercise  Pandya/Kishan batted together suggesting that he could play in the Middle overs. 

5 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

So, Rohit is going to bat more cautiously as per pre-match press conference = slow starts. RIP World Cup chances.   

At this point England is the only team that is going to play at high tempo right through 50 overs (assuming they play on roads). Between 40th and 50th over you can score something like 120 if you have wickets in hand. India is likely to be the most conservative alongwith Pakistan. Pakistan can't be aggressive even if they want to as they are all limited bar Fakhar on a good day. India can but they can also collapse in a heap which will leave our tMO/Tail to bat for 40 overs. I have 0 confidence with the current line up batting 50 overs after a collapse.

3 hours ago, vvvslaxman said:

At this point England is the only team that is going to play at high tempo right through 50 overs (assuming they play on roads). Between 40th and 50th over you can score something like 120 if you have wickets in hand. India is likely to be the most conservative alongwith Pakistan. Pakistan can't be aggressive even if they want to as they are all limited bar Fakhar on a good day. India can but they can also collapse in a heap which will leave our tMO/Tail to bat for 40 overs. I have 0 confidence with the current line up batting 50 overs after a collapse.

Nope. Have you seen the way OZ are batting? Record score in Durban T20.  Teams will definitely go hard in India. Rohit's aggressive starts have been the one positive about the batting so far.

14 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

Nope. Have you seen the way OZ are batting? Record score in Durban T20.  Teams will definitely go hard in India. Rohit's aggressive starts have been the one positive about the batting so far.

In the last 3 years England is the only team that has a run rate over 6.02 to be precise. India 2nd with 5.99.  Australia is behind Pakistan. In T20 they have power hitters like Marsh up the order.Maxwell down the order. Also Maxie and Marsh can bowl, Maxie can bowl, Stoinis can bowl. They are coincidentally dangerous hitters. THey have Green too. In terms of balance India is not even in the same planet. 

46 minutes ago, Nikhil_cric said:

SA have fast scoring grounds... You can bat at fast tempo there. 

In LPL we saw absolute low scoring games on slowish pitches...  Sri lanka hasn't been high scoring off late. 

Rovid should look at the conditions first.  I reckon 260-270 are match winning here.