Neeraj Chopra wins gold at the World Athletic Championships - First ever Gold Medal for India in any World athletic event

nitinbwj

Neeraj has completed javelin, won everything out there.

Olympic gold

World Championship gold

Diamond League gold

Asian Games gold

CWG gold

He is only 25!!!!!

He is the undisputed GOAT of Indian sports now, in my book even ahead of our great hockey stalwarts of the grass turf era. No cricketer is even in the same ball park as Neeraj. What is great to see is that he didn't suffer any dip in performance after the post-Tokyo celebrations/hype, endorsements, fame, money etc. His feet are firmly on the ground, I hope by the end of his career he is in the league of Carl Lewis and Sergey Bubka. 

Edited by Gollum

3 hours ago, Gollum said:

Neeraj has completed javelin, won everything out there.

Olympic gold

World Championship gold

Diamond League gold

Asian Games gold

CWG gold

He is only 25!!!!!

He is the undisputed GOAT of Indian sports now, in my book even ahead of our great hockey stalwarts of the grass turf era. No cricketer is even in the same ball park as Neeraj. What is great to see is that he didn't suffer any dip in performance after the post-Tokyo celebrations/hype, endorsements, fame, money etc. His feet are firmly on the ground, I hope by the end of his career he is in the league of Carl Lewis and Sergey Bubka. 

Anand in non-Olympics sports and overall GOAT, Chopra 2nd GOAT.

3 hours ago, nevada said:

This guy has nerves of steel and didn't baulk at favorite tag or pressure. To achieve this level of excellence after coming back from surgery is amazing. He is in a league of his own.

He was confident. He is very humble guy too in the limited interview I heard. He is happy there are four Indians in the sport and hoped 4 qualify and play in Olympics. I really liked his No look throw. He was just confident.